Sponsored

My bad experience with titan

goodey200

Hi there guys im not so new to this forum as i have been reading around for quite sometime now,

I have been with titan adsl for a while now and always experienced good conns with them, but i recently was asked to try their new provider surfnet(obit) and they said better contention ratio etc and to be fair they come up with the goods it was mildly quicker than entanets service and much more download limit (100gb per month) and the fair usasge kicks in after the limit.

Anyway 25 days after saying yes i was charged £37 (should be £20.25Per Month) from obit and also in the same month a further £18 50p from entanet so i contacted them through e-mail and also tried on the phone and got no replys, after 3 weeks i gave up today and i demanded my mac code and i got a auto reply message wiht the mac, with no sorrys or thank yous. im now over £50 out of pocket from these W*****s

Im so dissapointed.

Stay away from this company, they have no respect and i can see them going under. thats if they havent already.

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
If it went via Direct Debit, talk to your bank and they should refund you at once; if you paid by monthly Debit Card payment you are screwed, NEVER put any ongoing payment on a Debit or Credit Card, the only way to stop payments is to cancel the card, and they charge you for that; plus it is very difficult to get the money back.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Quite a few readers saying similar things to what you have goodey200, I also suggest you add your feedback to a quick review to help reflect the problems:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/reviewAdd.html?id=586

If your card company does not refund you then my advice would be to follow the Official complaints procedure, as detailed in our ISP Complaints Advice section. However we know very little about OBit, though they are a member of Otelo's ADR scheme.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/new/complain/complain.shtml

goodey200

Hi there guys im not so new to this forum as i have been reading around for quite sometime now,

I have been with titan adsl for a while now and always experienced good conns with them, but i recently was asked to try their new provider surfnet(obit) and they said better contention ratio etc and to be fair they come up with the goods it was mildly quicker than entanets service and much more download limit (100gb per month) and the fair usasge kicks in after the limit.

Anyway 25 days after saying yes i was charged £37 (should be £20.25Per Month) from obit and also in the same month a further £18 50p from entanet so i contacted them through e-mail and also tried on the phone and got no replys, after 3 weeks i gave up today and i demanded my mac code and i got a auto reply message wiht the mac, with no sorrys or thank yous. im now over £50 out of pocket from these W*****s

Im so dissapointed.

Stay away from this company, they have no respect and i can see them going under. thats if they havent already.
New update,

Had a phone call from abs who i think is the owner of titan adsl and he gave me a big apology and is going to sort my problems out,

He said titan adsl is parting from obit and entanet and he has gone into 50/50 partnership with vispa internet

So they are combining still with seperate names, and titan is becoming a isp...

He gave me the price list so if you would like i can post it from the e-mail he sent me.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Yes please do, I'm still waiting to hear back from Titan myself atm.

I'm not sure how Titan can become a true ISP though or what a 50/50 "partnership" with Vispa means. I can't see why Vispa would Merge with a less established player that is not a true ISP but it will be interesting to see more details about what is actually happening. Titan could really only become a proper ISP if it built its own network.

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
Vispa supposedly offer "Wholesale ISP Services", although the link has never worked in all the time I have been with them.
So Titan could become a Vispa "visp" (sounds like a German ordering a certain chocolate bar to go with his coffee)

jediadsl

Casual Member
thier useless and review them according to it.

when i emailed to complain i was told its not titaladsl's problem and i should contact entanet !!

after a few emails exchanges i got nothing but badly typed 1 sentace replies about its not thier problem.

they even failed to stop me billing.

a 2/10 isp for sure.

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
I see from today's ISPR front page that they have announced they are switching to Vispa as their internet supplier internet.
Vispa have been very good for me, although their email server falls over a lot, and speeds also vary a lot; but that may be down to my physical cable; Morgan Car Co. have not trimmed their trees in years, and my phone line is tangled up in one of them.
In the old days BT would trim it, but these days they tell you to get lost, even though they have had to replace my cable once already.

goodey200

Home

1Gb Unlimited off peak 13.99
3Gb Unlimited off peak 15.99
25Gb Unlimited off peak 20.49
50Gb Unlimited off peak 29.49
75Gb Unlimited off peak 39.49
100Gb Unlimited off peak 49.49

24Mbs Home Unlimited 18.99

1 month based contract with 30 days notice, static IP address included, 1 email address included
Up to 8/24Mbs download with up to 448kbps/ Up to 1Mbs Unlimited package upload. £1.50 per Gb used over peak usage. £11+ VAT migrate in charge, £40+ VAT for new connections and LLU migrations.

Home packages are inclusive VAT

Office

10Gb Unlimited off peak 15.29 ex VAT
25Gb Unlimited off peak 20.51 ex VAT
50Gb Unlimited off peak 25.73 ex VAT
75Gb Unlimited off peak 30.94 ex VAT
100Gb Unlimited off peak 43.46 ex VAT

24Mbs Office Unlimited 21.73 ex VAT

1 month based contract with 30 days notice, static IP address included, 1 email address included
Up to 8/24Mbs download with up to 832kbps/ Up to 1Mbs Unlimited package upload. £1.50 per Gb used over peak usage. £11+ VAT migrate in charge, £40+ VAT for new connections and LLU migrations.

Kind regards

Abs

Copy and pasted from a e-mail he sent me, and btw he said the owner of vispa phoned him to see if he would be intrested in sharing a new line between them that someone else couldnt afford to keep, so this will be a whole new experience for both.....

Titanic57

Casual Member
Another unsinkable...?

Since I switched from the old Entanet service to the new TitanicADSL unlimited service I have been unable to connect with work.

They have been ignoring my support emails requests for 2 weeks and, as has been stated elsewhere, you can't phone them.
Even their general company / office phone number has been discontinued.

I have just requested a MAC code citing the 5 working days requirement to provide.

I'm off!

Titanic57

Casual Member
MAC Code

They have responded to my email promising a MAC code within 5 working days.

Looks like they are reading emails then but only responding to MAC requests?

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: SPRING19
  • Vodafone £21.00 (*23.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.50
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £23.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2348)
  2. FTTP (1883)
  3. FTTC (1556)
  4. Broadband Delivery UK (1525)
  5. Politics (1293)
  6. Openreach (1286)
  7. Business (1141)
  8. Statistics (1011)
  9. Mobile Broadband (934)
  10. Fibre Optic (914)
  11. FTTH (903)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (846)
  13. Wireless Internet (842)
  14. 4G (814)
  15. Virgin Media (775)
  16. Sky Broadband (563)
  17. TalkTalk (543)
  18. EE (530)
  19. Vodafone (436)
  20. Security (378)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules