Sponsored

My Experience with TitanADSL

mwhalber

I have been on TitanADSL for approximately 1 year with no issues, however, approximately 11 days ago my download speeds suddenly dropped inexplicably to under 10kb/s

:mad:

...and have stayed that way since. I immediately contacted support via email, and was told that there was some sort of minor fault that BT were working on which would be resolved by the afternoon. The afternoon arrived and the fault was not resolved. I emailed support once more and received a response that BT had ordered some hardware and that the fault would be resolved by the next day. I waited 5 more days to make sure there was ample time for this issue to be sorted out, and still the issue persisted. After that period of time, I sent an email to same address I had been using and received what appeared to be an automated response stating that they could not assist me as I did not send this email from a recognised customer address (which I find strange, as they were assisting me via email prior to that.) I sent another 2-3 emails with all the information regarding my account so that they would be able to identify me and assist. All further emails were IGNORED!

During this time I also attempted to contact support for TitanADSL via the telephone. The phone number for support simply rang once and then went to a disconnected tone...and apparently the Sales office has been closed all week?! I finally managed to gain support by contacting EntaNet directly, however, after several more days of testing by myself and BT, the issue still persists.

I am surprised that *any* ISP would have such poor customer service and the fact that there is no way of contacting anyone from TitanADSL via email or phone to address the issues I have been experiencing just sealed the deal. I am now leaving TitanADSL and Entanet completely and moving to BE (that is, if I can get someone to supply me with a MAC code...)

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Sounds like very poor treatment indeed and of course as a customer it's always very difficult to know exactly how truthful your ISP is being about what is happening. Still, do let us know and post a review about your experiences with BE, hopefully the grass will be greener.

It will be interesting to see whether the problem you had magically disappears or not when you dive on to BE's unbundled network.

mwhalber

Thanks Mark, still waiting to hear back regarding a MAC from EntaNet, and no response at all from TitanADSL. I am beginning to think that they may have simply shut up shop.

otester

Top Member
Just like to point out that EntaNet is to blame, not Titan, Titan no longer uses the old products, but new ones via C&W.

However I do still use the old product at my parents house, stable 3Mb as well :D

DKTronics

Pro Member
You're not alone, we have 3 people in my area (funny enough, I was stupid enough to recommend them), and they have all said the same thing, the speed simply sucks.

The last couple of months has been absolutely dreadful, worst speeds I've seen since the whole Freedom2shaft debacle, and web pages (at times) just don't show up and you need to refresh many times just to get them to work.
Sometimes the email fails, and you need to try again, and again, and again. And STILL, to this very day, I cannot get emails sent to me from websites I sign upto, so I cannot click on links which validate your sign-up, I now have to use googlemail which works perfectly.
I have to say, to anyone thinking of signing up, avoid, please avoid at all costs.
We are, or rather have been for the last 2 months, been looking for another ISP that allows a 1-month contract, no throttling (which Titan seem to be doing a lot), and no ********.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: SPRING19
  • Vodafone £21.00 (*23.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.50
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2391)
  2. FTTP (1971)
  3. FTTC (1587)
  4. Building Digital UK (1540)
  5. Politics (1323)
  6. Openreach (1322)
  7. Business (1170)
  8. Statistics (1032)
  9. Mobile Broadband (954)
  10. FTTH (951)
  11. Fibre Optic (934)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (867)
  13. Wireless Internet (855)
  14. 4G (837)
  15. Virgin Media (801)
  16. Sky Broadband (573)
  17. TalkTalk (554)
  18. EE (550)
  19. Vodafone (462)
  20. Security (392)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules