Sponsored

My ezeeDSL web pages

thecaretaker

Top Member
Just to let you know, as I did with Biscit, I will keep a record of all contact with ezeeDSL on a web page. By the looks of things, there do not seem to be too many of us who have signed up with them.

But for those of you who have signed up, nice to meet you lol - if you find any helpful links, any snippets of info that you think might be helpful to ezeeDSL users, I'll be happy to add this info to my blog.

The page includes a link to my original Biscit web pages. Lets hope this one doesn't get as huge.

http://www.thecaretakers.net/ezeedsl.html

jockdownsouth

Pro Member
Well hello again Caretaker. So far I've been happy with the service I've received. I'm not too bothered by the way the "transfer" was handled as at least it gave me continuity. I will have to sort out getting my subs taken by direct debit from my bank account rather than my credit card though. That way you have far greater protection.

I posted the following on the "Ezeetakers" thread on this forum but under the circumstances no harm in putting it on your thread as well.

Just looked up 186K Ltd on the Companies House website. 186K is the company that owns EzeeDSL. The last accounts filed were for the year ended 31 August 2004, with the accounts getting exemption from full reporting because it is/was a small company. So much for the huge investments being mentioned on the 186K website - http://www.186k.co.uk/. Of rather more concern is that the accounts to 31 August 2005 haven't been filed yet, despite having been due by 30 June 2006. This means the company is liable to fines from Companies House. I have emailed Companies House and asked them to confirm that they are taking action to ensure that 186K complies with company legislation. I have also, cheekily, emailed 186K telling them that I'm now a customer and asking when they are going to rectify the omission at Companies House. The immediate autoresponse gave me the url for the system status page which could be useful for us all so here it is:-
http://www.186k.co.uk/status/

Not much more I can say at the moment. I'm not surprised you haven't had a reply to your ticket yet. They must have had a few more than usual over the last couple of days. Any idea what the average response time is for ISP's generally to respond to tickets?

jockdownsouth

Pro Member
There's a chap who apparently works for them and has set up his own forum - See his post on adslguide:- http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=e7even&Number=2702235

His support forum is here:- http://186khelp.myforum.me.uk/viewtopic.php?t=33&sid=ffc7fd1219b4f544a148fb672c0f4c96

You can find various posts from ex-E7-EZ 'customers' in the e7even forum here:- http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=e7even&page=&view=&sb=&o=

Interesting comment from this Clive dude in response to a disgruntled V21 "victim". If he's true to his word we'll maybe be OK. Can I suggest, Caretaker, that you post the link to your website on his forum?

"Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:01 am Post subject: dont write us off!

Well for starters I have been with 186k for 4 months and I am now starting to get changes made on systems to improve all areas of customer satisfaction.

The first main step is a fault system that you can use via the portal rather than sitting on the phone to support.
I think the best option for you would be to sign up and then we can cease and reprovide your line when you move.
Im not aware of the contracts etc im just in support but I would assume you could just not use broadband for 3 months and change supplier when you move house.
I would recommend us to any person and I have worked for a lot of Broadband suppliers but as my ideas are actually acted upon here I really do think this is the supplier to be with,
if your worried about support why dont you signup and just contact me direct if you get any issues over the next couple of months until your happy.

Clive"

thecaretaker

Top Member
Thanks for the info, I've updated my webpage to include a link to his forum. great find. Lets hope ezeeDSL turn out good for us. We need a bit of luck right now!

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
By the way, if any of you have a safecom samr router and get shoved onto Tiscali wholesale's datastream service you you may want to set up an L8nc account to ping it to prevent it crashing.

jonmac

hi there

Just thought i would come and say hello Expat from V21 just getting it sorted now:crap:

ANdyoz

Top Member
Can anyone give me exact instructions how to access the "BT Line Checker" website thats been mentioned in a few posts on the 186k forum.

Apparently it allows you to see when they have placed the ADSLmax regrade instruction with BT.

A few links and directions would go down well.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team

Unicast

ULTIMATE Member
Can anyone give me exact instructions how to access the "BT Line Checker" website thats been mentioned in a few posts on the 186k forum.

Apparently it allows you to see when they have placed the ADSLmax regrade instruction with BT.

A few links and directions would go down well.

This one's better. :D

You'll need to register (have your BT account No. handy) but once you're signed in you can see if there are any orders outstanding on your line. It also allows you to see previously completed orders as well. Although the Prodigy checker that Kits linked to is good, it lacks detail and not all BT orders show up.

5719john

Casual Member
In the ISP Review home page there is an update stating eeeezDsl has now set up a 1 month contract for ex V21/Biscit users, I have been to the Garden Wall web page of eeezDSL and can find No mention of this as yet.

More information is required. Will there be a charge for the MAC code when leaving eeezDSL at then end of the month ?

GILLYB

Ezeedsl are offering 1 month free when they sign up. This will also be applied retrospectively to those V21'ers who have already signed up.

Quote:
EzeeDSL is offering all disconnected V Two One (V21 / Biscit) customer’s one months free access on all contracts. The offer will also be applied retrospectively to recent ex-V21 signups:

With thousands of former Biscit users already enjoying fast and reliable Internet connection, ezeeDSL has opened up a variety of packages with highly competitive prices and – as a token of goodwill – one free month. In a transparent show of faith, ezeeDSL will retrospectively include this new offer to the thousands that have already joined.

Dominic Marrocco, owner of 186k, said: “We want to ensure that all Biscit users have total control over which service they want from ezeeDSL and have made sure that all packages are available at very competitive prices. To show goodwill towards all former biscit users, we are also offering one month free internet connection.”

I think this is a good move by Ezeedsl, one which I am grateful for.

ANdyoz

Top Member
Oh, when I first read those posts I thought you meant that the 12 month contract terms had been removed, but you're saying it's one month free use (but still a 12 month contract).

Better than nothing and that one action at least shows Eezedsl are aware of our plight and are trying to keep us on side. Their quick response is encouraging too.

thecaretaker

Top Member
mmmm interesting. This is unlikely to be for our benifit. But, if they have 1000s of people signing up, it will take a long time to get everybody on the packages they want. Offering people a free month gives them time to do this. Otherwise, which was my concern, I could see myself paying for a premium service for a month but only getting my original old V21 service.

But any little helps. I view this as don't expect to get migrated to your chosen package for at least a month (maybe more).

EDIT: Sorry if this sounded negative, it's not meant to be. I've kinda got use to reading between the lines of statements issued by ISPs

ANdyoz

Top Member
I would agree....they are playing the "game" well.

By offering the free months usage now, they will avoid the bad press that can be created by a load of customers demanding refunds if/when they don't get their upgrades. Smart move.

gilmoreren

Casual Member
Be careful Ezee customers - according to the T&Cs it is up to customers to check them online every 30 days as they will change them without telling you.

As I've said before, its the parent company and similar problems in the past (Fast24) that have coloured my judgement of Ezee DSL and why I will run to another ISP as soon as I can...

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • TalkTalk £21.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Vodafone £23.50 (*26.50)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • Community Fibre £27.50 (*32.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: First 6 Months Free
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3667)
  2. BT (3044)
  3. Politics (1975)
  4. Building Digital UK (1945)
  5. FTTC (1897)
  6. Openreach (1862)
  7. Business (1717)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1501)
  9. Statistics (1430)
  10. FTTH (1367)
  11. 4G (1295)
  12. Virgin Media (1196)
  13. Fibre Optic (1184)
  14. Wireless Internet (1176)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1167)
  16. Vodafone (859)
  17. EE (845)
  18. 5G (792)
  19. TalkTalk (781)
  20. Sky Broadband (757)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules