Sponsored Links

My internet connection drops at about midnight, every night.

LeeWillRockYou

Pro Member
I'm not sure how long this has been going on but for the past week, I happened to be awake and have noticed the internet is off. But it being midnight, I've not had the energy to investigate it.

I've quickly looked into the settings, and it says something along the lines of "an error has occurred, unable to connect".

I'm using an TP Link Archer M200 modem, with the Beta firmware, so I can manually select Band 1 network.

I've checked all the settings, I can't see anything out of place. I've even made sure the time is set correctly on the router.

This problem doesn't really disrupt anything but it's still not ideal and can sometimes be inconvenient when I ask the speaker to set an alarm or something and it tells me there is no connection.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Sponsored Links
My routers have a setting : reboot schedule

Is yours set to do a reboot at the same time daily?

I know O2 turn off their B1 at night (midnight-6/7am I think) in some locations to save power. And Vodafone (who Lebara piggy back on the network of) used to turn off some of their UMTS 2100 too. So it wouldn't be inconceivable that Vodafone are also turning off B1 now that it's been migrated to 4G use.

Cheeky b*starts! Haha! I lose a reliable connection, 4k and obviously fast download speeds (maybe a PS5 game will want to update for example) when I'm not connected to B1.

It's not often I am awake after midnight but I wish they'd heads-up this somehow, what if I worked night shift or something *shakes first*

Thanks for the reply.

If it is being powered off (I'm not saying it is, its just a possibility) then 'normal' users (who mostly don't force/limit bands) won't notice as they'll drop to the B20 layer, which, unless they're close enough to the mast to pick up the higher frequency bands, they'll more than likely be connected to anyway.

Turning off bands, or reducing power in other ways (e.g. lowering QAM/MIMO levels) during the night time is something that is widely found in Europe, though not so much in UK.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules