Sponsored

My review wont fit lol

Pillz

Hey guys , Pillz again :D

I moved from TALKTALK to Virgin due to many friends suggesting them for being a good able company that will look after me the gamer.

I think my friends may have been smoking some illegal substances when suggesting it to me or it was a expensive practical Joke.

When i originally signed up for virgin broadband they told me i didn't need to get a MAC code from my current ISP Talktalk , they said they will sort it all out from their end , i was happy that. So i let them get on with it , this call took place on the 15th of December and i was told i was going live on the 24th of December , guess what? I didn't go live , i didn't even bother phoning virgin back i was still connected to TALKTALK , eventually i got a text on the 29th saying i was going live on new years eve i was so excited my internet was going live! But did it? Nope afraid not... on the 3rd of January , i finally got somewhere with a rep from the virgin technical department , he was explaining to me it could take a extra 24 hours now , i accepted that and went carried on with my day.

But it didn't go live did it? No it didn't... They got a BT engineer out on that day to come and look at my line , the engineer ran some tests from the line and left. He claimed there was a fault on the line. Then a hour later i got a call from wolverton exchange , saying my DSL wasn't even plugged in -.-. So my Virgin had been lying to me all along , they kept going on about codes and so forth when all it was , was a disconnected wire.

I eventually got online , 3 days later i got a letter from virgin saying i owed them 140 pounds! =0 I had been charged for the disconnection fee , connection fee , bt call out and 2 months in advance! I wasn't notified at all about this , and virgin decided to disconnect my broadband due to me not paying , i absolutely refused to pay this bill , i had barely been with the company for a month and there charging me! 140 pounds! Get real.. So after contacting them about this insane bill i was told the best they could do was take off 30 pounds , i wasn't having that. So the guy gave me a email address support@virgin.net , he said email them about the issues with the bill , so i did and my response was basically we dont deal with billing requests , so after being fobbed off by that guy over the phone , i phoned back and got given a address in Manchester. I was told i needed to send in a Hand written compliant to the company , so i did , i noted on my compliant i couldn't go another day without the internet and i would be paying the bill in full on the 1st of next month , i contacted virgin every single day to see if they had received my compliant , i wanted it sorted before i paid the insane amount of money , they hadn't received it , so i paid the bill on the first of last month.

Oh wait whats that in the corner?

Its my phone ringing -.- Practically as soon as i paid my bill , i got a phone call , saying they had received my compliant and are willing to take off 70 pounds on top of the 30 already taken off. Just goes to show they where purposely waiting for me to pay until they claimed to receive the compliant. Im a bit of idiot though saying i would of paid it by a certain date but i didn't expect virgin to screw me over.

Thats my story about joining the service , now lets talk about the actual broadband.

5MB , Phone line rental , couldn't of asked for such a better service , was getting 35 ping in all games , and was loving every minute of it , the day it got connected was the day it went faulty again.. The service kept dropping out , the phone line kept hanging up on people , and the the tech team wouldn't do anything.

Then it kept doing it more and more frequently , every single day the dsl would just go down and come back on , then i started getting major packetloss , constantly getting kicked from games due to high latency , it was just a gamers worst nightmare.

Technical support where just absolutely terrible , they put on a smile for the first months then start to turn bitter , they always claim they cant do anything unless they see something go wrong on their side , but im the customer , saying there's something wrong i can see it in front of my eyes and its doing it as we speak , no sir we cant help you , we cant see it , so it cant be true. haha , i totaled about 76 calls to there customer service in like 4 months , that's proof right there they don't get anything done. They basically refuse to help unless they can see a issue on there side , there's no investigation unless its in bold print in front of them.

If you have read my review this far , good for you , see sense , see another ISP.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Yeah sorry about the review systems word limit but it's not really designed for long explanations, people usually prefer to read shorter summaries of the experiences had by others than longer ones. That's where the forum comes in, as you've found out :) .

Pillz

Yeah sorry about the review systems word limit but it's not really designed for long explanations, people usually prefer to read shorter summaries of the experiences had by others than longer ones. That's where the forum comes in, as you've found out :) .

hehe well i guess they will have to come here to read it , i will try and shorten it down , i love my voice to be heard and i really do hope it has a impact on those poor people going to virgin dsl national :D

Cobblars

Hmm, I think I see what problem you had...

You see, you went for the rebundled BT version of Virgin's ADSL line... not their cabled service. I have heard of numerous people having issues with the ADSL service. I have the cabled version and I can happily say I've been pretty pleased with the download/upload speeds, ping times etc.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • NOW £22.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPERSPRING
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*36.52)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*44.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Offer Code: SPRUCE20
  • Vodafone £26.00 (*29.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*44.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £29.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPERSPRING
  • TalkTalk £29.95 (*39.95)
    Speed: 145Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3203)
  2. BT (2919)
  3. FTTC (1848)
  4. Building Digital UK (1847)
  5. Politics (1826)
  6. Openreach (1744)
  7. Business (1587)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1371)
  9. FTTH (1355)
  10. Statistics (1345)
  11. 4G (1181)
  12. Fibre Optic (1127)
  13. Wireless Internet (1106)
  14. Virgin Media (1099)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1094)
  16. EE (784)
  17. Vodafone (775)
  18. TalkTalk (734)
  19. Sky Broadband (713)
  20. 5G (664)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules