Sponsored

Namesco emails?

Simon01

Pro Member
A reassuring lack of activity in this forum leads me to believe that Namesco could be a viable candidate for me as a new provider, when I migrate from Pipex. The only thing that puts me off is the fact that they only seem to allow one email address. Can anyone confirm this, and do they allow aliases, or is there any way to purchase additional email addresses, without paying for a domain, which I don't really need?

lodge

Top Member
I could always send you a Google mail invite which would take care of your email address requirement. PM me if you want one.
:)

brockus

Casual Member
yes you can pay for extra email addresses with Namesco who I have been with for a number of years and apart from having to pay for the extra email boxes have found them very good so far

Welshman

Pro Member
The basic deal is one POP mail box but you can create subaddresses to your heart's content. Or buy some more boxes.

You get a subdomain - simon01.bbmax.co.uk - and you can create as many anything@simon01.bbmax.co.uk as you like but they all go into the one mailbox

The advantage of purchasing a domain is of course that you can personalise yourself and if you migrate again in the future you can take your domain with you so you don't have to change your email address.

Simon01

Pro Member
I could always send you a Google mail invite which would take care of your email address requirement. PM me if you want one.
:)
Thanks, that's very kind, but I already have a Gmail account. :)

yes you can pay for extra email addresses with Namesco who I have been with for a number of years and apart from having to pay for the extra email boxes have found them very good so far
How much do they charge for extra email accounts?

The basic deal is one POP mail box but you can create subaddresses to your heart's content. Or buy some more boxes.

You get a subdomain - simon01.bbmax.co.uk - and you can create as many anything@simon01.bbmax.co.uk as you like but they all go into the one mailbox

The advantage of purchasing a domain is of course that you can personalise yourself and if you migrate again in the future you can take your domain with you so you don't have to change your email address.
This is where I was a bit confused. I also thought they used the sub-domain system, but according to the website, the email address you get is simon01 @ bbmax.co.uk, which isn't changable.

Yes, a domain purchase might be a better way to go, but it's an additional expense, which wouldn't be necessary if they provided multiple email addresses, like most other ISPs do.

Thanks for all the info, Guys!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Gift Card
  • Post Office £20.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Vodafone £22.95
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2652)
  2. FTTP (2457)
  3. FTTC (1722)
  4. Building Digital UK (1662)
  5. Politics (1541)
  6. Openreach (1511)
  7. Business (1325)
  8. FTTH (1231)
  9. Statistics (1153)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1128)
  11. Fibre Optic (1020)
  12. 4G (973)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (972)
  14. Wireless Internet (971)
  15. Virgin Media (935)
  16. EE (649)
  17. Sky Broadband (639)
  18. TalkTalk (618)
  19. Vodafone (600)
  20. 3G (438)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules