Sponsored

NDO rep, please let me know...

dc'

on your site the other day i was looking at the nighttime option and it says after 10PM, well..

at what time does the night time service stop, is it 8am?

because i'm thinking of going for the 19.99 + 4.99 options.

thanks in advance. :)

ALTHOUGH i may not be able to do this, do you still have the 12 month contract thing for the 128k non-buisiness?

As i may be moving house soon OR changing to ADSL within 6 months if i reach a trigger level, that would be my 3rd 12 month contract lock in i'd be on if i went with it, unless there is any other options..

1) Would I be able to upgrade from your ISP to YOUR Broadband if i had ADSL availability in my area and this would cancel out the 12 month contract?

2) Would you offer the same options as bt EG 6km+ exchange distance availability (presumably its the same options whatever ISP you go with on broadband)

3) finally, what bandwidth do you offer on your broadband service, is it 1GB/day?

thanks!

Last edited:

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
If I'm right in saying his last post said that they scrapped the contract. ;)

dc'

but he said

"Secondly - we have scrapped the 12 month contract requirement on our business Unmetered AnyTime which at £29.99 per month for 300 hours "

he didnt say anything about the 250 hour service.. grrr

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
Well their ya go m8 question answered, I started NDO today and so far I'm getting "691,access was denied because the username and/or password was invalid on the domain" called their technical support straight away was told to give it an hour its now 5hrs still the same and once the payment was taken it said that you are given 10 hours to use until the payment is actually taken. So, so far not good for them mabay just another one of the failures of ISP's??? Lets hope not!:hrmph:

dc'

cronik, if you ring em again could you ask them if there anytime 250 hours NON-BUISINESS (home user) option is still 12 month contract

thansk :)

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
Certainly no prob, well lets hope I never need to phone them again lol

NDO

ISP Rep
Morninig all.

to clarify the questions -
All our Unmetered products are on a 1 month contract basis.
The Off-Peak and Nighttime packages end at 6am - so cover either - Off-Peak = 7pm to 6am and all weeked; and Nighttime is 10pm to 6am.

If you are having problems connecting it could be one of a few things - you may be trying outside of your alotted hour window; you are with-holding your Caller Line Identity when you connect to us; you may have entered your username/password incorrectly the @freecall.ndo.com bit is a vital part of the username.

If you are still having problems call us on 0870 200 2230 and we will happily resolve your problem.

-------

Now answering the earlier questions -

1) Would I be able to upgrade from your ISP to YOUR Broadband if i had ADSL availability in my area and this would cancel out the 12 month contract?
Yes, you would be able to upgrade - and keep your same username, password and email address options. There are no 12 month contracts to worry about.

2) Would you offer the same options as bt EG 6km+ exchange distance availability (presumably its the same options whatever ISP you go with on broadband)
The maximum distance for ADSL is 5.5km however longer distances than this can be catered for provided the noise on the line is low. This is a limit from BT - who are "working" to increase the distrance to a possible 6.7km so in the future people over 5.5km should be able to get broadband.

It is the same for all ISP's.

3) finally, what bandwidth do you offer on your broadband service, is it 1GB/day?
We do not have any download limits inplace on our Broadband service - as that spoils the Internet.

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
NDO says=
If you are having problems connecting it could be one of a few things - you may be trying outside of your alotted hour window
As I said its a new connection started it yesterday and yes unfortunately I had to call the tech support team which took ages to get through (not a good sign) was told to wait about an hour and today I still dont have access, now obviously the tel support person I spoke to yesterday did check all the settings, I downloaded the settings so if their wrong then its you who need to change it. What I think you need to change is the part where your either about too make a paymant or have made it i cant remember which but you state that you get 10hrs to use until your payment goes through, now all ISP's I have used when you pay you can use the service straight away why cant you do this???:confused: So far I'm not impressed.

As your terms and conditions state:5. Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 there is a seven day cooling off period to allow cancellation without charge, however, where the Customer requests that NDO make the account active immediately that the application is approved, the Customer agrees to waive those Rights.

So because the service is not active I can still cancel WITHOUT CHARGE???

Excuse me for being so paranoid but I have been down this road so many times of being ripped off by ISP's.:mad:

Also sent your tech dep an email @ 10:20am so lets see what happends and when...

Last edited:

NDO

ISP Rep
We allow anyone who signs up to connect whilst payment is processed we do not restrict access until after payment is received. Although a few ISP's do however do this.

If you let us know your phone number one of our Support agents will give you a call to assist with the problem.

We had a few connection problems with our Radius system this morning between 9:50 and 10:00am today - as outlined on our status page - www.support.ndo.com/status.htm However all of these have been resolved.

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
Got a call back from them this morning following my email, they dont know the reason which is causing it (error 691), but because I dont finish work til later this evening when their dep is closed they need to get another tech dep to call me back tonight between 8-8:30 pm so we'll wait and see what happends.

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
It's now 21:17 hrs and still not received the call which I was promised 8-8:30pm tonight, despite this I have just logged on to the website and viewed my time online and for some rediculous reason you have got me down for using 19 minutes... this is impossible as I have'nt yet conencted successfully so if I'm losing 19 mins how many other people are losing minutes they havn't used???

**** "Available time this month: 10 hours, 0 minutes.
- Reason: The credit/debit card has not yet been billed.
This months Extra Hours: 0 hours, 0 minutes.
Time spend online this month*: 0 hours, 19 minutes.

Signed Up date: 2003-04-14" ****

C'mon NDO whats going on, if I get anything good out of you I promise I will be first to tell it too everyone on this forum as I feel everyone is entitled to a chance I was expecting this problem to be resolved by now and giving compliments of your company but so far I have had nothing from you. I WANT AN EXPLANATION OF MY TIME USAGE!

NDO

ISP Rep
The reason for the "19 minutes" is that every connection attempt is recorded, each one of these goes in for the minimum time period online which is 1 minute. Hence the 19 minutes and the now 50 minutes of use.

Error 691 normally means an authentication problem.

From our records we show your password has having a capital "B" as the first character, passwords are case sensitive so it is worth checking your dial connection settings.

I can only apologise for the lack of a call back last night, I was not working on that shift so do not know currently the reason why there wasn't a call back.

I will have someone call you this morning. And also arrange to credit your account with all the time spent marked as connections so far.

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
PROBLEM RESOLVED!, it was down to the CLI I must say the guy's I had spoke to where very good they took ownership of the problem and resolved it which is excellent customer service. The password was right always had been, dial-up No# was always right just down to one of my No's# withholding the No# which it was calling from not communicating with your server's but what ever your guy did he fixed it.

NDO: Would appreciate the credit back thanks.

Now for some testing... will post let you all know what its like but what BBPilning says their good so lets hope so, to be cont...

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
I dont understand cause if I'm right in saying you get 10 hrs to use before the payment is taken then you get 125hrs @ 128k as your normal hours assuming that the payment is taken which is shown as it has but I still have'nt used it but this is what is shown:

Product: Home Unmetered AnyTime128
Access Phone Number: ***********

Available time this month: 4 hours, 10 minutes.
This months Extra Hours: 0 hours, 0 minutes.
Time spend online this month*: 0 hours, 50 minutes.

Signed Up date: 2003-04-14

So far I have used 50 minutes connecting and only have 4 hrs and 10 mins left so where is the normal 125hrs I get + the 10hrs extra u get until payment is made?

It just doesn't add up you said that you also gave me credit for the time spent connecting please explain or email me jamiewright@btconnect.com

Thanks

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
Ok thanks NDO. Used the 128k service last night for a few hrs and was excellent results, good ping, constant 119 - 128k connection. No disconnections before the 2hr cut-off.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPER20
  • Plusnet £21.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2715)
  2. FTTP (2601)
  3. FTTC (1756)
  4. Building Digital UK (1700)
  5. Politics (1605)
  6. Openreach (1563)
  7. Business (1387)
  8. FTTH (1310)
  9. Statistics (1206)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1177)
  11. Fibre Optic (1044)
  12. 4G (1013)
  13. Wireless Internet (997)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (993)
  15. Virgin Media (976)
  16. EE (671)
  17. Sky Broadband (655)
  18. TalkTalk (644)
  19. Vodafone (641)
  20. 5G (472)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules