Sponsored

NDO shows how it should be done

miffie

ULTIMATE Member
Today NDO emailed me a reminder that my Credit card expires shortly. Unlike some well known ISP`s who just cut you off when they cannot collect payment. Another example of NDO`s "customer care".
miffie
 

nicholas3000

Top Member
I am with Wanadoo Anytime, and they did the same to me as well, they emailed twice, sent a letter... problem was when I sent the new card details, they though I was a new user and kept ringing asking how the service was going.

Nick
 

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
I'm with NDO as well and I must admit I'm very happy with their service.


I doubt I'm get the email about card expiry though - it doesn't expire until 2008!
 

big j

ULTIMATE Member
akbray said:
I'm with NDO as well and I must admit I'm very happy with their service.


I doubt I'm get the email about card expiry though - it doesn't expire until 2008!



Only time will tell Akbray ;)
 

lighterboy

ULTIMATE Member
NDO user here, exceptionally happy with the service - been using em for couple of years, never had a problem.
 

cashpot

Casual Member
Misleading

NDO are NOT trying to defraud you. You quite simply can't read their terms and conditions.
 

garethh

Guest
You should be careful using the term "fraud". Most companies have t&c's. Doing so is not "fraud".

I did see a report once that said 80% of people (or some similar high figure) never bother reading the small print before signing/agreeing to t&c's/contracts.

You might even find if you don't attempt to bad mouth a company publically, they are a lot more reasonable over their t&c's. :D
 

cashpot

Casual Member
miffie said:
Today NDO emailed me a reminder that my Credit card expires shortly. Unlike some well known ISP`s who just cut you off when they cannot collect payment. Another example of NDO`s "customer care".
miffie

All very laudable except these companies forget that you only get a new credit/debit card a couple of weeks at maximum before your old one expires! Therefore reminding you 6 weeks before the old card expires is a waste of everyone's time ;-)

By the way NDO are not the only company to do this and this post should NOT be taken as a critiscism of NDO who are among the top ISP's in this country.

Rob.
 

GJH

Guest
cashpot said:
you only get a new credit/debit card a couple of weeks at maximum before your old one expires!

Rather generalised statement there. I've often received a new card nearly 2 months before the old one was due to expire.

cashpot said:
Therefore reminding you 6 weeks before the old card expires is a waste of everyone's time

Why so? At least they are reminding you so you can file it in the "must do" pile when the new card arrives :p

Miffie never said they were the only company to do this :)
 

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
cashpot said:
All very laudable except these companies forget that you only get a new credit/debit card a couple of weeks at maximum before your old one expires!

Not true - I got mine about 6 weeks to a month early, which gave me time to lose the new one and recieve a replacement, all before my old card expired!

Of course, I might have been a little happier if the gormless pratt at the bank in question hadn't cancelled both the missing replacement card (as he should have) as well as the old one, which was both still in date and still being used.
 
Top
Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Onestream £22.49 (*29.99)
    Avg. Speed 45Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*36.52)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £55 Reward Card
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (2821)
  2. BT (2793)
  3. FTTC (1794)
  4. Building Digital UK (1760)
  5. Politics (1689)
  6. Openreach (1642)
  7. Business (1456)
  8. FTTH (1341)
  9. Statistics (1253)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1253)
  11. 4G (1079)
  12. Fibre Optic (1072)
  13. Wireless Internet (1036)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (1028)
  15. Virgin Media (1020)
  16. EE (710)
  17. Vodafone (681)
  18. Sky Broadband (676)
  19. TalkTalk (674)
  20. 5G (536)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules