Sponsored

NDO what happened

bulldog

ULTIMATE Member
ah well, at least NDO are better one, 10gb (download count, no upload count) and charged £1 per extra gb without any worries. No throttle on p2p.

Plusnet is rubbish payasyougo 10gb (both download and upload are count) and charged £1.25 per extra gb if never reset it yourself. Could be throttle on p2p.

I just heard that plusnet broadband plus is now very restrict 5gb per month (if over 5gb - put you on traffic management) on your 2Mb line. Come on plusnet, as you know that 2Mb can eat up 5gb pretty quicker like windows updates, anti-virus updates, router left on all times increasing bandwidth usages on it. I just glad I left them to be with NDO soon, hopefully tomorrow.

GJH

Inactive said:
I would only make that statement once you have used the service for a while bulldog.
I have and continue to use an NDO connection and can confirm this belief to be correct.

NDO connections are reliable, rock solid and support is second to none.

I would suggest your suggestion otherwise Inactive to be as unreliable as your original statement. Bulldog has some previous experience of NDO unlike you who are stating your opinion based on a view rather than actual experience of a company.

I fail to see how you can comment without actual experience.

There is no such thing as the 'perfect' ISP.

bulldog

ULTIMATE Member
GJH say: Bulldog has some previous experience of NDO unlike you who are stating your opinion based on a view rather than actual experience of a company.

Yes that correct, I had been with NDO back in August 2004 as I know in my own experience that NDO is rock solid performance, great customer support and never let me down but I only left them not because of bad service but because of no home 2Mb in that time when I had join Plusnet 2Mb broadband but I still had the full support for NDO as one of the best true solid true broadband and a true honest customer support.

I am now ACTIVATED with NDO Home 2Mb. My speed test is:
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedchart.asp?id=e1be5e0d109427d7a19c1ff4e6d
Downstream 1897 Kbps (237.1 KB/sec) 2048 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 246 Kbps (30.8 KB/sec) 265 Kbps (inc. overheads)

I am now :) and glad to be back with NDO as I will never leave NDO ever again in my own experience of knowedge.

Inactive

ULTIMATE Member
GJH said:
I have and continue to use an NDO connection and can confirm this belief to be correct.

NDO connections are reliable, rock solid and support is second to none.

I would suggest your suggestion otherwise Inactive to be as unreliable as your original statement. Bulldog has some previous experience of NDO unlike you who are stating your opinion based on a view rather than actual experience of a company.

I fail to see how you can comment without actual experience.

There is no such thing as the 'perfect' ISP.

I am sorry GJH, I don't really understand the point you are making. I didn't suggest that there was anything wrong with NDO, I just suggested that before making a judgement on any ISP, Bulldog should wait a while before making comment.

Remember he left NDO because they clearly didn't satisfy his requirements at the time.

Surely there is nothing wrong with waiting a while before making a new appraisal of any ISP.

I didn't make any opinion of NDO, nor did I suggest that any ISP was " perfect ". Please stick to the facts.

It seems your views on NDO are possibly biased, but you really need to read and comment factually on what I said, and not what you imagine I said.

GJH

I knew why Bulldog left NDO. It was only because they at that particular time hadn't launched a 2Mb product. Not because of the service they provide(d).

My comments are not biased.

I tried about 15 other ISP's before finding NDO.

I have tried other ISP's since joining NDO (via the work I do) and none of them have come close to NDO.

I therefore maintain that someone can comment on a company if they have experience of that company.

I'd draw the line at someone posting a review of an ISP they didn't have experience of/weren't a customer of.

Equally I could suggest your view of Plusnet was biased.

But there you have it. One cap rarely fits all.

bulldog

ULTIMATE Member
Inactive..... I left NDO because that's time they haven't got home 2Mb (only Office 2Mb but too expensive and Plusnet do have home 2000 at £39.99 last October 2004 when Plusnet only had one 2Mb is Office 20:1 - this is why I left NDO to join Plusnet not because of NDO service. I had no problems with NDO for three months always rock and solid before I left them.

I think you are with Plusnet, you ought to try NDO and see for yourself and your own experience !

Trust me that GJH and Lighterboy do know that NDO is the only one isp with better service and excellent support.

And also NDO had the longer terms over 10 years now. Plusnet don't.

Inactive

ULTIMATE Member
GJH said:
I'd draw the line at someone posting a review of an ISP they didn't have experience of/weren't a customer of.

Feel free to quote any " review " that I have made of NDO, you will not, because as I said before, you are reading something that isn't there.

Indeed, I havn't said there was anything wrong with NDO, all I suggested was that Bulldog, despite his previous good experience with NDO, should wait a while before singing their praises, as we all know, ISP's can change over time.

My comments about Plusnet are not biased, I am one of the first to make critical comment about their actions when I feel it necessary. ( read back through my posts ).

All I can say is they serve my requirements at this time and I have never had one single problem with them in 11 months.

I must add that I am always a bit suspect about posts such as yours, you only seem to post about NDO on here, all praise I might add, do you have links with them ?:rolleyes:

Inactive

ULTIMATE Member
bulldog said:
Inactive..... I left NDO because that's time they haven't got home 2Mb (only Office 2Mb but too expensive and Plusnet do have home 2000 at £39.99 last October 2004 when Plusnet only had one 2Mb is Office 20:1 - this is why I left NDO to join Plusnet not because of NDO service. I had no problems with NDO for three months always rock and solid before I left them.

I think you are with Plusnet, you ought to try NDO and see for yourself and your own experience !

Trust me that GJH and Lighterboy do know that NDO is the only one isp with better service and excellent support.

And also NDO had the longer terms over 10 years now. Plusnet don't.

No disrespect Bulldog, but at this time, Plusnet serve my needs very well, I have a rock solid connection, they have an excellent portal, I have only once needed tec support, got through in 2 mins, sorted politely. I have been with them 11 months, and their Reps even come here to give advice.. ;)

I have never said there is anything wrong with NDO, if and when Plusnet do not satisfy my needs, then certainly I will give NDO and others consideration.

In fairness Bulldog, just a short while ago you were saying that Zen was the best ISP ever. ( or words to that effect ).. ;)

Nothing personal, just my take on things.

GJH

Inactive said:
I must add that I am always a bit suspect about posts such as yours, you only seem to post about NDO on here, all praise I might add, do you have links with them ?
I do have links with NDO, yes.

I'm a customer of theirs.

Suggesting anything else (such as being an employee, being paid by them, being on commission blah blah blah) usually happens because someone is wildly clutching at straws.

I do not work for NDO. I have never worked at NDO. I probably never would work for NDO now they are in Worcester.

I'm the first to criticise NDO if they think they're in the wrong. Generally speaking they're not although over the past few days I'm discovering my hat is a bit chewy.

Inactive

ULTIMATE Member
GJH said:

I'm the first to criticise NDO if they think they're in the wrong. Generally speaking they're not although over the past few days I'm discovering my hat is a bit chewy.

Yes, so rumour has it, I was told that NDO are being, erm less than upfront with their customers, not sure if that is the case, perhaps you may confirm, or otherwise.

:shrug:

bignige

ULTIMATE Member
Just a little bit and it's not only customers who they've alienated.

Probably better being discussed in the NDO forum on here.

GJH

There was a mistake made, yes. All companies make mistakes. It's how they deal with them that is more important than the actual mistake.

There were red faces but hands have been put up of sorts.

It wasn't dealt with as it might have been a year ago but it's a different management team now.

It was brought to their attention and has now been dealt with appropriately.

There is no benefit in discussing it further really because the problem was identified and has now been addressed.

BigNige, as I said on a thread that I subsequently deleted on the ndousers forum. Namesco have now set out their stall. You don't have to buy from them if you don't want to.

I was on the people that were directly affected side, not the people who might be affected.

A clear point made in the past 48 hours is that I definately am NOT an NDO/Namesco employee. :D

All those directly affected by the issue that was raised should customer services on 0845 363 3633.

bignige

ULTIMATE Member
No probs GJH.

If what the website now says was saying that from the start then all this wouldn't have happened.

I won't be buying from NDO as their webspace is an unecessary expense when I could get it free from another ISP.
So thanks for the special private offer NDO, but no thanks.

GJH

You don't have to buy the webspace at all if you don't want to. You can just order the broadband without it. I have no quibbles over the reliability of the connection at all. Speeds are superb and reliable beyond belief.

It may be worth waiting to see if they come up with a free webspace/subdomain email offering as they have suggested before making a final decision.
We're currently discussing re-introducing a free alternative in a similar way to how NDO used to offer and giving users the choice at the time of signup as these are often more suitable for home users where as the domain/hosting offer is more suitable to businesses.

As we've seen the market has consolidated and will probably consolidate a bit more this year. At least NDO consolidated last year. This mistake could have just as easily happened before Namesco got involved you know. :)

Last edited:

Inactive

ULTIMATE Member
GJH said:
There was a mistake made, yes. All companies make mistakes. It's how they deal with them that is more important than the actual mistake.

There were red faces but hands have been put up of sorts.

It wasn't dealt with as it might have been a year ago but it's a different management team now.

It was brought to their attention and has now been dealt with appropriately.

Fair enough GJH, as long as the mistake was a mistake, and not a ploy by management, and as long as it has been " dealt with appropriately " to the satisfaction of all customers, as you say no harm done.

However, it does reinforce my previous comments when Bulldog was singing the praises of NDO, before he had the opportunity to fully test the new NDO, things change, as we all know.

GJH

All customers affected by the mistake won't be disadvantaged as a result. Clearly they can't address any customers who might have been affected.

It doesn't reinforce your comments at all.

The mistake could just have easily have happened under the old NDO as the new NDO. In fact, I recall far more monumental mistakes under the old NDO.

One of the issues here was the way the mistake was handled. Poorly if you ask me. I bet some lessons have been learned though.

NDO have a long way to go before they get anywhere near the grumble level plusnet have had recently.

Last edited:

Inactive

ULTIMATE Member
GJH said:

NDO have a long way to go before they get anywhere near the grumble level plusnet have had recently.

I am sure you are correct on that, but then NDO don't seem to have quite as many customers as Plusnet / Metronet, for whatever reason/s.:rolleyes:

Anyway, it is evident that they are not quite the perfect ISP, as has been portrayed by some.

I think I will stick with Plusnet, they have never yet let me down.

It would be nice to see an NDO Rep. in here from time to time to get the official line.

GJH

Inactive said:
I am sure you are correct on that, but then NDO don't seem to have quite as many customers as Plusnet / Metronet, for whatever reason/s
Quality, not quantity. Biggest doesn't mean best. NDO have been around for 10 years+ which is quite rare for an ISP.

Inactive said:
Anyway, it is evident that they are not quite the perfect ISP, as has been portrayed by some.
There's no such thing as perfect. Ever. Anywhere. Everything has its pros and cons.

Inactive said:
I think I will stick with Plusnet, they have never yet let me down.
If you're happy where you are, then that's the most important thing.

Inactive said:
It would be nice to see an NDO Rep. in here from time to time to get the official line.
Not sure what official line you expect them to give on this forum. If you have any queries regarding the services they provide, ask them on their own forum: www.ndousers.com

NDO don't discuss account specifics even on their own forum, let alone a third party one such as this one.

There was a certain amount of misunderstanding on both sides with reference to recent events. Can't see any benefit to it being discussed any further.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Onestream £19.99 (*27.99)
    Avg. Speed 45Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £21.00 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • NOW TV £22.00 (*40.00)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (2910)
  2. BT (2826)
  3. FTTC (1812)
  4. Building Digital UK (1776)
  5. Politics (1714)
  6. Openreach (1667)
  7. Business (1491)
  8. FTTH (1345)
  9. Mobile Broadband (1281)
  10. Statistics (1276)
  11. 4G (1105)
  12. Fibre Optic (1087)
  13. Wireless Internet (1050)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (1044)
  15. Virgin Media (1035)
  16. EE (729)
  17. Vodafone (708)
  18. TalkTalk (690)
  19. Sky Broadband (686)
  20. 5G (570)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules