Sponsored

NDO what happened

Inactive

ULTIMATE Member
GJH said:
There was a certain amount of misunderstanding on both sides with reference to recent events. Can't see any benefit to it being discussed any further.
No, fair enough ...if we all shut up about it, it will surely go away, sounds a bit like a " Blairism " to me...:shrug:

GJH

Oh please.

It's lame to bring politics into it.

This issue hasn't been ignored.

It's been dealt with privately like it should have been originally.

Details specific to my (or anyone elses) account with NDO have nothing to do with you or anyone else.

Avoiding politics and religion is a good guideline.

May I suggest as this topic has now wandered way off topic that it's closed.

Last edited:

Inactive

ULTIMATE Member
GJH said:
May I suggest as this topic has now wandered way off topic that it's closed.

May I suggest that if you didn't keep coming back on here to have the last word, it would possibly have closed itself, as in your own suggestion;

Quote Can't see any benefit to it being discussed any further. Unquote.

:hrmph:

lighterboy

ULTIMATE Member
if and when Plusnet do not satisfy my needs
Glad your needs include having "uploads" counted as downloads, 5 year leaving penalities, advanced traffic management which is a fancy way for saying we contend and squish your connection and throttle your traffic... talk about an isp (PlusNet) not exactly being upfront with their customers... Where is all this explained on their product pages?

it would be nice to see an NDO Rep. in here from time to time to get the official line.
The NDO rep was last onlnie very recently, so has been seen, just no posts in this forum to reply to i guess...
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/member.php?u=7622
they have their own forum remember, so normally reply on that...

then NDO don't seem to have quite as many customers as Plusnet / Metronet
as to size, NDO/Namesco are the UK's 6th biggest webhost -
http://www.webhosting.info/webhosts/tophosts/Country/UK

they (ND) don't reveal broadband users, but have 2x 155mb pipes, 1x 34 and another 34mb on order (according to ADSL Guide)... Metronet only have 2x155mb pipes - suggest NDO/Namesco are actually bigger...

ive used NDO since august 2003 or there abouts and, well nearly 3 years on find they are working well. my ISP history for those who care is: Global Internet, Freeserve, V21, tiscali, PlusNet, NDO... oh, yes a few duffers in that but hey, NDO have proven to be just fine for me since, and have got better over last few months - eg: support changing fron "national" to "local" call rates...

Last edited:

GJH

Inactive said:
May I suggest that if you didn't keep coming back on here to have the last word
Likewise.

I completely fail to see how someone who isn't a customer of NDO, who wasn't affected by this particular issue, can comment on this issue in the way that you have.

It seems you've based your opinion on a company/situation on some comments on a public forum. Forums rarely offer a fair and balanced view to be honest. You're only getting one side of the story.

The situation was a complicated one. There's been a fair amount discussed in private over the past day or two which has helped resolve the situation. It should have been dealt with in private originally in all honesty then there would have been no need for tin hats.

Your post count on this forum doesn't offer you a level of superiority you know. I have just as much right to have the last word as you do.

miffie

ULTIMATE Member
Just to annoy the pair of you I shall have the last word:D
sorry could`nt resist.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
miffie said:
Just to annoy the pair of you I shall have the last word:D
sorry could`nt resist.
:laugh: gentlemen please its a womans privilage to have the last word :laugh:

Lets keeep it on topic or allow it to drop down the order

Inactive

ULTIMATE Member
Kits said:
gentlemen please its a womans privilage to have the last word

Lets keeep it on topic or allow it to drop down the order

How do you know i'm a " gentleman " Kits?? :shrug: ;)

:laugh:

GJH said:
All customers affected by the mistake won't be disadvantaged as a result.
That's simply not true. I know for a fact that 'effected' customers aren't being offered in private the same deal that they signed up for.

GJH said:
It's been dealt with privately like it should have been originally.
GJH said:
The situation was a complicated one. There's been a fair amount discussed in private over the past day or two which has helped resolve the situation.
It should have been dealt with in private originally in all honesty then there would have been no need for tin hats.
I'll offer the notion that NDO wanted to try and sort this out in private because of the embarrassment factor, wanting to keep this all as hush hush as possible.
Or maybe they were hoping that no one would notice their less than honest advertising was bringing in extra customers, but wasn't planning on delivering the services mentioned in their advertisements.

GJH

GoferJerkHelmet said:
I'll offer the notion that NDO wanted to try and sort this out in private because of the embarrassment factor, wanting to keep this all as hush hush as possible.
Nope.

NDO just don't and never have discussed account specific details on public forums. If you want to discuss this matter, you either need to phone or email customer services.

If they really wanted to cover it up, they would have removed the public tin hat session.

I'm informed by a reliable source that it was a genuine mistake. I have no reason to not believe that source. That source wouldn't lie. That source has no reason to lie.

There's too many many similarities between this post from GoferJerkHelmet and other posts elsewhere. Same opening statement, same tone, same spelling mistakes...

Still, half term finishes on Monday :D

GJH

My wife has ironed all my shirts for next week as it goes. :)

It's important to understand that certain things should be dealt with in private. This being one such instance.

Just remember if you rant like a loony on the phone at someone they are less likely to go out of their way to keep you as a satisfied customer. Some customers are worth loosing.

Just let people decide for themselves.

They can either believe someone who hasn't been directly effected by this farce and is totally biased and in bed with said ISP. Or believe someone who has witnessed directly the experiences of those affected.

GJH said:
I'm informed by a reliable source that it was a genuine mistake. I have no reason to not believe that source. That source wouldn't lie. That source has no reason to lie.
Your source wouldn't be an NDO employee by any chance? That would be reason enough to lie. My source is an affected customer.

Why the need for privacy? When an ISP makes a bad mistake or whatever, why is it not ok to discuss these issues on a public forum, particularly as there's obviously still disagreements and issues to resolve?

GJH

I am not in bed with the said ISP. Please don't make such ridiculous statements.

My source wasn't an NDO employee, sorry about that.

Why the need for privacy? Data Protection for one thing. Not appropriate another.

Circular straight lines.

GJH said:
I burnt some bridges last week in case you hadn't noticed.
What bridges would they be?

GJH said:
Why shouldn't it be discussed in private? Because it wouldn't be appropriate to do so, in my opinion. If you have a dispute with someone there's rarely any benefit in conducting that dispute in public.
If all disputes with companies were discussed in private and only with the company involved, don't you think companies would have less accountability and then abuse customers more than they already do?

GJH said:
NDO have made a statement on this issue. It'll take more than a few puerile comments on forums to "sink" the company (as you have suggested might happen).
None of my posts have said that, get your facts straight.

[ADMIN NOTE: Please do not post abuse towards other readers]

Last edited by a moderator:

NDO

ISP Rep
Hi

It was a genuine mistake, a piece of small print had been missed off the website and been overlooked by the staff concerned. When the issue was raised the mistake was corrected and all customers effected by the omission (anyone who ordered via the names.co.uk website upto February 2006) have been invited to contact Customer Services on: 0845 363 3633 (9-5:30), or raise a ticket via your Control Panel online and each account will be handled individually and in private.

If anyone has raised a ticket like this and not recieved the reply they were expecting then please PM to me (the NDO Rep) the Ticket Reference (format: BL******) so I can check.

We do not discuss customers in public as everyone has a right to privacy and there are a large number of laws which govern what is in the public domain and what data is protected.

If we were aiming for a cover-up we would have deleted any thread or post about this from our forum (www.ndousers.com), we haven't done this. There is no coverup - just a general mistake - and for some reason a lot of consipracy theories about nothing, the person responsible for the omission has been disciplined and the world moves forwards, the earth keeps on rotating, we all get a bit older...

GJH

It says a lot about people when they drop to personal insult level.

Hopefully ISPr will take appropriate action.

Muttley

Thank you NDO Rep.

There's nothing worse than looking in on a thread and not knowing what the hell it's about!

Would have been nice if someone had taken the trouble to explain what the "issue" was earlier.

I didn't know and I'm a NDO customer :laugh:

Welshman

Pro Member
oops

An error/omission in the small print was found and flagged up on NDO's forum when it was discovered.

A senior member of NDO has responded in the posting above acknowledging the mistake which has now been corrected and all customers who consider they have been affected (and that does not mean all customers - only some who signed up during a short period recently)are invited to email into say so. I think it can be assumed that appropriate corrective action will be taken/offered.

What this demonstrates is

1. Nobody's perfect (not even GJH!).

2. NDO respond to complaints.

Nowhere does anyone moan about connection/speed issues in relation to this ISP.

Everywhere people moan that their ISP ignores them/they can't get any sense etc.

The fact that NDO do (and did on this occasion) respond appropriately shows they worry about customer care and they are worth considering for that reason alone.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPER20
  • Plusnet £21.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2715)
  2. FTTP (2601)
  3. FTTC (1756)
  4. Building Digital UK (1700)
  5. Politics (1605)
  6. Openreach (1563)
  7. Business (1387)
  8. FTTH (1310)
  9. Statistics (1206)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1177)
  11. Fibre Optic (1044)
  12. 4G (1013)
  13. Wireless Internet (997)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (993)
  15. Virgin Media (976)
  16. EE (671)
  17. Sky Broadband (655)
  18. TalkTalk (644)
  19. Vodafone (641)
  20. 5G (472)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules