Sponsored Links

Need Help with Norton firewall !!!

KDS

ULTIMATE Member
Hi I just installed Norton firewall trouble is I set the IE to automatic. After that some of my forums smiles and avatars stop appearing. Ispr is working ok but some of my other forums.

It’s All working wit Mozilla (I set permit all in that one)

Can I set IE to permit all

Can some one help pls

Yes, and yes.

Open the firewall and select 'Internet Access Control'. It'll bring up a list of your programs, tab/scroll down to Microsoft Internet Explorer and just click once where it says automatic. It'll bring up a little dialogue box with 4 options - Automatic, Permit All, Block and Custom. Click on Permit All. Wait a couple of seconds and it'll change the setting.

Sorted.

Sponsored Links
I've just run as many of Mels Leak Tests as I can, so now really isn't the best time to ask that. It blocked steve Gibsons. And Yalta. But ......

I'm headed back off to <a href="http://www.uksecurityonline.com" target="_blank">UKsecurityonline</a>, before I decided to move to a peat bunker in the Outer Hebrides!

Crash,

Despite the complexity (still not for the novice) Tiny Personal Firewall 3.0 stopped all of those at the sandbox stage. Whenever the new program tried to execute I automatically set it to high and they just failed!

As you know, though, despite improvements it is still one hell of a complex product and not for those who don't understand their applications, folders, system devices, etc, inside out!

Regards
Emeric

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5511)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules