Sponsored Links

New £14 broadband offer from Three

Two sims arrived today from Three in a plain brown envelope which contained a delivery note and the sims. There was little leaflet in each sim packet that said to access mp3 to set up an account. And that was it. So definitely not for the first time user. The sim packets are marked as Mobile Broadband.
My B818 router failed to recognise the newly inserted sim. I needed to set APN to auto and reset the router then it picked it up. It is using a real IP4 address so I presume it's using the 3internet APN. I haven't tried alternatives.
My two-sim phone recognised the second sim immediately. I set the sim for data only with phone and text with the original and I was able to download content from the BBC website.

My bank has no direct debit details yet.
That sounds exactly like how I got my £10 unlimited eveything offer from Money Savers Expert website.

It came in a brown cardboard type envelope with not a sausage about what it was, not the usual white envelope with 3 on it.

Anyway, good bargain you got there eccles, I was robbed. 😁😪

Further. Online account details are pretty much non-existent. You stick the sim in the router and go to three.co.uk/my3 and it logs you in... and displays absolutely nothing about the account. I tried to add the second sim and it threw it out when I added my email address. I called 0333 3381030 and was told that there is currently no online account details for business accounts (!).

But it works and if I get billed correctly I'm ok with that.

The retail system for removing the web age filter doesn't work. You have to call 337 and a live person does it for you. In addition to the mobile number he will ask for the password that you should have supplied when applying for the sims.
The Three app doesn't work because it needs email verification which is rejected.

my 2 sims have just arrived too, brown paper envelope like eccles. yeah no direct debit setup either

How are you getting the deals this cheap please? My Three UK deal runs out in the next 1-2 months and I'd like to get a couple of SIM's.

Thanks.

How are you getting the deals this cheap please? My Three UK deal runs out in the next 1-2 months and I'd like to get a couple of SIM's.

Thanks.
Literally all three business deals have to be done either on the phone, or chat or in the shop. You can't buy their business sims online. They do seem to offer people different deals though. I've got two three SIMs one business, one personal, I'd have jumped at the offers some people here got.

I used online chat from the business webpage and was offered the two-sim deal when I asked for the single data sim at £8.33+VAT. You need to contact them during business hours. Remember these £3 sims are data only, intended for mobile broadband and do not include any call or text allowances. I put one in my phone to supplement my phone's data allowance as it already has a sim for calls and texts.

I used online chat from the business webpage and was offered the two-sim deal when I asked for the single data sim at £8.33+VAT. You need to contact them during business hours. Remember these £3 sims are data only, intended for mobile broadband and do not include any call or text allowances. I put one in my phone to supplement my phone's data allowance as it already has a sim for calls and texts.

Thanks, and DATA only is fine I want it for a 5G router, and another 4G router elsewhere. Long ago I used to use Three business, but I swapped out when I moved due to a bad signal when working from home.

I am amazed that they straight up offered you the discount after just asking for the one at £8.33+VAT, you had to do no bargaining etc.?

Nope. No bargaining. I asked for the single sim at £8.33, the guy asked how many sims I wanted, I replied "just the one", then he announced the 2 for £6 offer. He pointed out that it was cheaper to buy two than it was for one.

Just be aware:

Data sim is not data only. You can make calls on it and send texts on it just fine. Set the spending cap if you really want it for data only. I have one in a business iPad and I don't want people doing that with it, so my spend cap is £0.

Unless I'm mistaken, iPads don't have the Phone app anyway?
Yeah quite possibly. I'm not an iPad person (I prefer Android) alas the app we need is only available on IOS. Anyway, they could take the chip out and start racking up a huge bill for the company, hence the cap.

Data is unlimited, I don't care if they download 50 TB a day, but the phone-calls off-plan are hideously expensive.

If taking the SIM out is of concern/potential then I'd highly recommend setting a SIM pin (to be honest, I'd recommend it anyway, to anyone)

I have a sneaky suspicion, after using Three's new 4G Hub, that the DNS servers are manually set and cannot be changed. I was getting some very strange behaviour from the Three 4G Hub (the ZTE one) after having a Vodafone SIM card in it. APN is correctly configured, internet works at good speeds, but some devices cannot access websites without having the DNS manually configured to something other than 192.168.0.1.

These new cheap business data sims don't seem to allow any sort of settings to be made because they reject setting up the normal Three app. Accessing three.co.uk/my3 appears to automatically log me in but from there it doesn't allow me to do anything. It merely says call 337 or the equivalent 0800 number and speak to an agent. Unlike the retail versions which allow various account details to be accessed and changed from the app, everything appears to have to go through a real person.

I'm not complaining as I think it was a cracking deal, and these sort of account changes are once in a blue moon. Once set they can be forgotten about.

I have a sneaky suspicion, after using Three's new 4G Hub, that the DNS servers are manually set and cannot be changed. I was getting some very strange behaviour from the Three 4G Hub (the ZTE one) after having a Vodafone SIM card in it. APN is correctly configured, internet works at good speeds, but some devices cannot access websites without having the DNS manually configured to something other than 192.168.0.1.

Turn DoH on in your browser ;)

Unless I'm mistaken, iPads don't have the Phone app anyway?
you can call from iPads, you do it via the contacts app. You find the contact you want and call through there.

Yeah quite possibly. I'm not an iPad person (I prefer Android) alas the app we need is only available on IOS. Anyway, they could take the chip out and start racking up a huge bill for the company, hence the cap.

Data is unlimited, I don't care if they download 50 TB a day, but the phone-calls off-plan are hideously expensive.
I've signed up to this 2 Sims for £6 deal. I hope to receive them soon. I flogged one of them off to my mates for £3 as a second sim so I can essentially have one for £3 myself lol

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules