Sponsored Links

new cityfibre provider

joshe

Pro Member
I live in Gloucester and just this past week the Cityfibre postcode checker has added a new provider to their list of available ones in my area - going by the name hyperfibre.
Their website is here and their prices seem very good, £29 for 350Mbps, £34 for 500Mbps and £39 for 900Mbps (although this is beaten by fibrehop’s £36 price)

Has anyone heard of this provider before now, or knows anything about it?

Edit: the 500Mbps package appears to actually be up to 750 - interesting - and you are forced into a 24 month contract, which isn’t very appealing.

Never heard of em. But appears to be a trading name for

I'm not an accountant, but their last companies house filing shows they've basically got no cash? and next to no income for 2020/2021.

Sponsored Links
Parent company is Marston Breweries.
Several restaurants and pubs up and down the country.
yep even Marston Telecoms had other business names as some pub related thingy. I'm sure it's some administrative thing probably the parent company is safe but the telecoms spinoff doesn't look like they've been going long or have much funds.

I wish them well, but I wouldn't want to sign up with them based on the research i've done myself. I could be wrong. It just feels a bit like my mate dave down the pub said we could resell openreach/cityfibre/whomever and only have to reply to emails. I doubt they have data centres and POPs. So they must be a virtual isp of sorts.

yep even Marston Telecoms had other business names as some pub related thingy. I'm sure it's some administrative thing probably the parent company is safe but the telecoms spinoff doesn't look like they've been going long or have much funds.

I wish them well, but I wouldn't want to sign up with them based on the research i've done myself. I could be wrong. It just feels a bit like my mate dave down the pub said we could resell openreach/cityfibre/whomever and only have to reply to emails. I doubt they have data centres and POPs. So they must be a virtual isp of sorts.
They maintain their own WiFi, broadband and lines in house at each establishment.

While I understand why they have done it, it feels very Tesco's, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

They maintain their own WiFi, broadband and lines in house at each establishment.

While I understand why they have done it, it feels very Tesco's, just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Now that makes a bit more sense. Parent company owns lines, probably has servers in DCs too for their websites/apps.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5508)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1971)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1662)
  11. Virgin Media (1617)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1459)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules