Sponsored

New install questions.

kelpie

Satellite Speeds

I had similar problems (adn was using it for my business!!) I eventually went to another supplier and am really happy! I don't use a VPN but I know they can be tricky over satellite (at least my supplier told me that!) but are still pretty secure. The speeds you are getting through are appauling and yes, If I were you i would be shouting at someone. Althouht the reply will doubtless be that they can't control the traffic!;)

Fudskie

Pro Member
Adapting to the clients needs.

I hope this port forwarding will help out in your case & great news we have released it to all 1MB & 2 MB & 2+MB customers free of charge. We strive to move to market demand in a fast & secure tested way so i hope this was an effective resolution to your initial issues.
We will be resolving VPN issues with satellite platforms in the near future to give the customer a true reflection of what satellite can achieve. This one is a little more technical than the port issue so may take a little longer. The good news is we now have an Aramiska VPN solution for satellite to satellite service VPN connections but are still working on the road warrior version of the Aramiska VPN service. You can of course use most VPN services on the Aramiska service but to get the enhanced speeds the Aramiska solution is the way forward.

JCB Digger

Casual Member
Hi All,

I've got the port forwarding turned on, the configuration went like a breeze, and transfer speeds instantly doubled (due to the removal of the VPN error-correction/verification overhead)

BUT the problem I have now is that on direct FTP transfers (with the FTP server living 'inside' the Aramiska zone, I get transfer errors, which aren't being picked up by the ftp software, so ftp'd .zip transfers can be corrupt.... This never happened when I was using the VPN/FTP combo to do the transfers (due to the VPN's error correcting qualities).

It is possible (although IMO unlikely) that it's our FTP server software that's causing the fault - I'm currently investigating and will report back.

Regards, John

Fudskie

Pro Member
FTP

a strange one that, is an upload being completed or is there a pause in the upload? this is the only way i can thing of corrupt data being caused.

?????

JCB Digger

Casual Member
FTP problems solved!

I finally got this fixed by reducing the send/receive buffer size of the ftp server - all I can guess is I may have 'saturated' the buffer and the Aramiska box somehow forgot to send some of the packet - I guess that with the VPN this may have also occurred but the inherrent error-correction sorted it out 'invisibly'

Anyway, all is now working and I'm an extremely happy camper.

Thankyou Aramiska!

Regards, John

Fudskie

Pro Member
Hi JCB Digger,
I am glad you sorted out the issue i will pass this info on..............:D

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: HYPER19
  • Vodafone £21.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Amazon Echo Plus
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Gift: None
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2431)
  2. FTTP (2043)
  3. FTTC (1614)
  4. Building Digital UK (1558)
  5. Politics (1358)
  6. Openreach (1353)
  7. Business (1194)
  8. Statistics (1058)
  9. FTTH (990)
  10. Mobile Broadband (987)
  11. Fibre Optic (950)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (892)
  13. Wireless Internet (874)
  14. 4G (860)
  15. Virgin Media (823)
  16. Sky Broadband (580)
  17. EE (566)
  18. TalkTalk (560)
  19. Vodafone (485)
  20. Security (399)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules