Sponsored

New limits for Surfmax

Capped4

Pro Member
Just received this email from fast4

The online cancellation is presently unavailable, too

Bye-bye Fast4 - IMO you have been underhand and dishonest- sooner I migrate the better. The world does not need people who do business in your style

Firstly let me thank you for bearing with us over the last few traumatic
months. We have now successfully moved all of our broadband customers away
from our previous supplier.
We felt this had to be done to ensure that you get a better, faster and
more reliable service from Fast4.

Your account is scheduled to be switched onto our new network over the
next few days; there you will experience how much faster the new broadband
service actually is.

Please note that once on this new and improved service you will be
restricted to 15Gb of data transfer a month. Please do not worry about
this change as this will only affect 1% of our customer base.

15Gb is far more than most people use, however if you do wish to go over
that limit every so often then you can purchase additional data usage from
within your members area or upgrade to our Home Pro package.

Your change is scheduled to complete by the 5th March 2008; please spend
the time to check out the new terms and conditions of this service
available in your members area.

If you do not wish to be included in this change over then you can request
your MAC from within the members area at any stage by following the cancel
account link.

We believe that you will enjoy our new service far greater than ever
before and hope that you will understand why these changes have to exist.

Many Thanks and Enjoy

tghe-retford

Top Member
I too also got the email.

One question:

Will existing customers who migrated from EurISP -> Murphx have to pay an exit fee, considering the latest situation?

15GB is the boundary of what I use and I cannot afford to pay another £18 a month just in case as a buffer if I go a gig or two over one month. I'm on a low wage, have had a pay cut in December and things are getting more expensive.

At the moment, it looks like I will have to stick to email/web and try the impossible of finding another ISP within my low budget.

martinr

Casual Member
Just got the same e-mail myself and I have to say, I am extremely disappointed with this. I think it's terrible that Fast4 advertise an unlimited service and after getting customers to sign-up, they change the service in this way.

I'll be waiting the 3 more months I have left in my minimum contract and then be moving to a more honest supplier who doesn't treat their existing customers with such disdain.

lonestar

Casual Member
yep, me too just got this e-mail.

so going from uncapped service, to being restricted to 15gb, i think the time has come to move on.

Paulplex

ISP Rep
I too also got the email.

One question:

Will existing customers who migrated from EurISP -> Murphx have to pay an exit fee, considering the latest situation?

15GB is the boundary of what I use and I cannot afford to pay another £18 a month just in case as a buffer if I go a gig or two over one month. I'm on a low wage, have had a pay cut in December and things are getting more expensive.

At the moment, it looks like I will have to stick to email/web and try the impossible of finding another ISP within my low budget.
If you want to cancel your account because you don't believe the service is right for you any longer, rest assured there are no exit fees required for cancellation; only whatever subscription is due for the 28 day notice period.

A MAC code is provided at no cost as part of the cancellation process.

If you do decide to use this service but are worried you may go over 15Gb on some months, note you can purchase 'bolt-ons' (to coin the O2 phrase) to provide yourself with additional bandwidth for a specific month.

martinr

Casual Member
If you want to cancel your account because you don't believe the service is right for you any longer, rest assured there are no exit fees required for cancellation; only whatever subscription is due for the 28 day notice period.

If you do decide to use this service but are worried you may go over 15Gb on some months, note you can purchase 'bolt-ons' (to coin the O2 phrase) to provide yourself with additional bandwidth for a specific month.
Hi Paul,

Does that include people that are still in the first 12 months of their contract? I think there used to be an £85 charge payable if you left before then.

tghe-retford

Top Member
Thanks for the response Paul. I shall consider my options once my Landlord has sent someone to fix my gas boiler (I had to take Emergency Leave for that, and still no-one has turned up!).

Capped4

Pro Member

The T&C state 7 days notice were a variation is to the detriment of the customer!

They also state that cancellation is only effective if done via the members console- not on telephone.
Magically this console s presently unavailable . Bunch of crooks (IMO)

Paulplex

ISP Rep
The T&C state 7 days notice were a variation is to the detriment of the customer!

They also state that cancellation is only effective if done via the members console- not on telephone.
Magically this console s presently unavailable . Bunch of crooks (IMO)
I noted that: the cancellation link should be present again shortly, so I'm advised.:hrmph:

To answer an earlier question: no - there is no exit fee to pay if you've been with Fast4 for less than 12 months but want to cancel because of this change.

martinr

Casual Member
I noted that: the cancellation link should be present again shortly, so I'm advised.:hrmph:

To answer an earlier question: no - there is no exit fee to pay if you've been with Fast4 for less than 12 months but want to cancel because of this change.
Thanks for your help!

rodtrotter

Casual Member
they can stick it up there a~~#

i too got this email from con4:eek: i will be leaving can anyone reccomend a good isp for gaming and downloading in the norteast thanks

and this is what you get when you try to cancel

Sorry the online cancellation process is currently unavailable, please try later or contact customer service for further details.

Last edited:

flatland

Yeah that was about the final straw for me too. I'm looking at switching to ADSL24 on their Home 30 Package. Don't know if anyone has any other thoughts but looks good for my needs...

mc6415

Pro Member
Same email here as well, one thign confuses me aren't you supposed to be given 28 days notice of any changes to your contract or terms and conditions in which time you can decline them, surely 2 days notice is far too little time to give people when such a drastic change to there contract is in progress

rodtrotter

Casual Member
yes that looks good to me ADSL24 Home 30 Package i think i will give them a go when we can get mac code from con4 looks like they making it hard to get mac code we will see if this is just one more conn from good old con4

falum

Casual Member
I was understanding of the dropped connections, excepted the debit card cock ups, failing to give me a fixed IP and randomly putting me on another tarriff but now I will be bidding Fast4 good bye. :mad:

Mac

Top Member
Bustards

18. Variation
Fast4 Internet reserves the right to vary the terms of this Agreement or the nature of the Service (where the technical specification of the Service is varied) at any time and Fast4 Internet will inform you of any such changes through email, newsletter or such other medium, as Fast4 Internet considers appropriate.

I guess this clause lets them do this. After supporting them through the bad times this is how they repay us. You would have thought they would have transferred us onto the higher package for free.

r1ck

Casual Member
well ive been with fast 4 since july07 and apart from the odd day of downtime and a debit card cock up i have been happy with them, my speeds have always been good "shock horror!!!" and i download around 45gb a month on tv shows and movies etc. no probs but its a big ta tas for me after reading that email today. i mean come on can many people live on 500mb a day. well i cant so im off. see ya.:hrmph:

falum

Casual Member
I could almost live with it before BBC Iplayer and all the other TV streaming sites started offering legit 600-700 mb files of their tv programs. Talk about going backwards.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2528)
  2. FTTP (2243)
  3. FTTC (1670)
  4. Building Digital UK (1615)
  5. Politics (1442)
  6. Openreach (1427)
  7. Business (1254)
  8. Statistics (1108)
  9. FTTH (1098)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1053)
  11. Fibre Optic (977)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. Wireless Internet (917)
  14. 4G (916)
  15. Virgin Media (867)
  16. EE (601)
  17. Sky Broadband (598)
  18. TalkTalk (583)
  19. Vodafone (530)
  20. 3G (416)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules