Sponsored

New limits for Surfmax

Capped4

Pro Member
MAC USED :D:D:D Bye-bye Fast4, hello there adsl24

Mac

Top Member
Thats who I am going to if i can get a mac code. Let me know how good they are please.

Mac

Top Member
Got my mac code and have signed up for adsl 24.

Its a shame because although we had our bad times, I loved my Fast4. But now I feel they have cheated me. Sure I may not use 15gb but I am around that mark and am not risking staying with them. A few more quid and I have 30gb peak to use. I did ask if they would price match for the 30gb at £20 but they would not. I guess they dont value our custom even with us sticking through that horrible patch in the summer.

If you are a lightish ( dont know if that is a real word) user I would recommend fast4s 15gb package (rember that is upload + download total). Thier 30gb package is a little more expensive that others.

Well goodbye fast4 and thanks for your service. Good luck and I hope not too many people leave your flock. You never know, maybe one day I will be back.

firestarter

Casual Member
Great, their on-line MAC tool started to work. I'm asked a couple of exit questions and then I'm given a total price to pay - just over £12. Not sure how I can be billed for an amount when they don't actually know the exact migration date. However, with only a "Stop" and "Cancel Service" button to press, I select "Cancel Service" in the hope that it's the correct one to get a MAC code, and praying that I don't just end up disconnecting my ADSL service all together.

The page I'm presented with says that it's processing. And that it typically takes 5 to 30 seconds, but will take no more than 3 mins 50 secs. And then... :crap:

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1'

Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

/global/includes/adsl_cease.asp, line 123

Er... so what do I do now???

martinr

Casual Member
Great, their on-line MAC tool started to work. I'm asked a couple of exit questions and then I'm given a total price to pay - just over £12. Not sure how I can be billed for an amount when they don't actually know the exact migration date. However, with only a "Stop" and "Cancel Service" button to press, I select "Cancel Service" in the hope that it's the correct one to get a MAC code, and praying that I don't just end up disconnecting my ADSL service all together.

The page I'm presented with says that it's processing. And that it typically takes 5 to 30 seconds, but will take no more than 3 mins 50 secs. And then... :crap:

Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

Got the same error, but ended up with a confirmation e-mail that it was successful! I raised a ticket and asked for my MAC code. Got a reply within about 30 minutes.

rodtrotter

Casual Member

i got my mac from fast4 in a ticket i raised then when i tried to cancel i had the same problem as you i got this screen

Account Cancellation - Final Payment : AUTHORISED

Amount: £0.00
Authcode: N/A
Ref: N/A

Your account has been scheduled for closure on 20/03/2008 at 23:30hrs.

Thank you.

IveBeenDone4

Yup, I've cancelled as well from these jokers.

Totally unhelpful with respect to being over 15GB and the handling of the situation.

ADSL24 here we go.

Now, Anybody who is unhappy with the way they have been treated should contact OFCOM and do not let it go. There is no room for shoddy outfits and deserve all that they WILL get for the way they treat customers with contempt.

Anyone who thinks they are ok, well your probably right until they change something to annoy you - oh and they will!!!!...

Last edited:

fraybentos

Casual Member
I got this when I cancelled

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'

Object required

/global/includes/adsl_cease.asp, line 140

but got an email invoice

any clues?

Mac

Top Member
Thats the error message I got. It all went through OK but I called them up and they gave me my MAC code over the phone.

passerv

FFS.

I've just seen that email.

That's enough for me and I only use aroung 20Gb. Fast 4 you have shot yourself in foot with this!!!!!!!!

Capped4

Pro Member
Blimey, how many people are leaving Fast4?
From their new site

Fast4 is one of the UK's fastest growing best broadband providers.
We are growing this fast because we believe in great service and great value for money for all our members.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

a for what happens re cancelled lines and MAC codes, see if you can get anything intelligible from this - I sure as hell couldn't. So in answer to the question "can you get a simple answer to a simple question".... I'll let you decide.

05/03/2008
15:47:54 Customer hi

Could you let me know the status of line cancellation? I have used the MAC, but believe if you cancel the account I will need to open a new account as migration will not be possible? I wish to leave the account active until migration, if there is any doubt about this. Could you also confirm there are no problems at your end re. migrating with my phone line?
Thanks

the reply

05/03/2008
16:01:35 Technical Support Hi

If you process your account cancellation through your members area (which should now be working incidently) and request a MAC code as part of this process (which you have been supplied already of course), this will ensure that as the account is scheduled to close. A cease order is not placed at the same time as your cancellation request is made - if you do not check the box requesting a MAC code however, you may invalidate your MAC code however as this may place a cease order today (requesting a cease for the end of the notice period)

Kind Regards,

Customer Services

(names deleted to protect the "special":) )

zag5

ULTIMATE Member
My nomination for great works of fiction goes to Farce4

Fast4 is one of the UK's fastest growing best broadband providers.
We are growing this fast because we believe in great service and great value for money for all our members.

Mac

Top Member
If you process your account cancellation through your members area (which should now be working incidently) and request a MAC code as part of this process (which you have been supplied already of course), this will ensure that as the account is scheduled to close. A cease order is not placed at the same time as your cancellation request is made - if you do not check the box requesting a MAC code however, you may invalidate your MAC code however as this may place a cease order today (requesting a cease for the end of the notice period)
think this means that your line will cease in 28 days if you did not tick the request MAC code. I would imagine they could cancel the cease line and then you couldrequest the MAC code. Give them a call tomorrow and I would also start to panic.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2553)
  2. FTTP (2292)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1627)
  5. Politics (1457)
  6. Openreach (1444)
  7. Business (1273)
  8. FTTH (1125)
  9. Statistics (1118)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1068)
  11. Fibre Optic (984)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (930)
  13. Wireless Internet (929)
  14. 4G (926)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (542)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules