Sponsored

New limits for Surfmax

Capped4

Pro Member
think this means that your line will cease in 28 days if you did not tick the request MAC code. I would imagine they could cancel the cease line and then you couldrequest the MAC code. Give them a call tomorrow and I would also start to panic.

Ha Ha! I couldn't even get to the tick boxes! And I've used the MAC code already:eek:

Sometimes it's really difficult not to get personal and offensive on a public forum, isn't it? Of course, if anyone wants to guess what level of intelligence I believe the support person I have dealt with has, I bet you won't be far wrong.

I foresee a visit to the County Court if this goes T!ts-up - I'm too wound up to panic

IveBeenDone4

I had already received a MAC in a ticket from them and used it with ADSL24 (yesterday).

So now the cancel thing is finally working, and I did not check the MAC code thing because I already had one - then this put's a cease order on???? - Really???? WTF!!!!

Good to see that was clearly specified in the cancelation process, don't you think????

I can't take it anymore, I think my heads gonna explode!!!! :eek:

Oh, and I couldn't seem to find the "OTHER" option on the EXIT SURVEY....:crap:

theazz

Casual Member
Guys im on like 14.9 something now, can i get some advice

when i got over 15, wil i get charged a bolt on? rate limited? both?

IveBeenDone4

Well from my experience and how it is right now.

You get a damn slow connection, i mean like the old modem speed..

I know where you are coming from and it's damn dark and slow on the other side of 15GB!!!!!

Hope it helps, but not sure it will - but at least you get an insight to what is about to hit your modem - just pure sh1te!!

as for anything changing like you getting charged - well anything is possible (if you get my drift!!)

Capped4

Pro Member
Guys im on like 14.9 something now, can i get some advice

when i got over 15, wil i get charged a bolt on? rate limited? both?
Better either buy a bolt on or be prepared to pay 2 quid / GB for anything over 15Gb used by the end of march - Click on "bandwith usage" in your secure console to see this (amongst other stf!)

The total cost of additional bandwidth usage is shown below. Your current plan includes Unlimited of inclusive bandwidth per month (plus any additional Bolt-Ons you may have purchased). Usage above this limit is charged at a rate of £2.00 per GigaByte or part thereof.

Hang on........ The "unlimited" is back in the description WHAT IS GOING ON?

If your page says this copy the whole page and save it quick!!!

IveBeenDone4

Yes mine says unlimited too..... :laugh:

---------------

The total cost of additional bandwidth usage is shown below. Your current plan includes Unlimited of inclusive bandwidth per month (plus any additional Bolt-Ons you may have purchased). Usage above this limit is charged at a rate of £2.00 per GigaByte or part thereof.

----------------

erm...... :shrug:

You may also want to check your T & C's on the "Home" page in your accounts sections - Final paragraph, the one where it states any change to the contract and term will be applied in 14 days..... just something for you to think about....

Mine still quotes limits of 60GB as well....

just thought you might appreciate this. :eek:

theazz

Casual Member
thanks, ive already started my cancelation thingy and i got that stupid error, will a bolt on still work?

QUICK TAKE SCREENSHOTS AND SEND TO OFFCOM!!!!

IveBeenDone4

Surely you don't want to pay out anymore money than you already have for an unlimited service that is limited to 60GB, ooopppsss - sorry 15GB's that would require 14 days to change in terms and conditions would you????

...Breach of contract??? uhmmmm..... :eek:

Better fix customers quickly me thinks....???? - just a suggestion F4, from someone who cares.....

DISCLAIMER :- IveBeenDone4 accepts no responsibilty whatsoever for the information supplied herein and on any comments made before or after this post, and any implication of incorrect practice is not suggested in anyway

Last edited:

firestarter

Casual Member
:D :D I've got a MAC code :D :D I've got a MAC code :D :D

Okay, I had to call them up and explain that their on-line tool broke, but they gave me the code straight away. Feels like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders...

Now, just to choose between Titan and ADSL24...

IveBeenDone4

I would imagine that your right it would be LLU, the fact that it's cheaper for them to provide the service than through BT's IPstream, the only fact that is likely to be a problem is if customers then wish to switch. Imagine that nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (££££££££££££££££££££!!!!!)

So as a selling point 24Meg is great, but LLU with them.... I would think long and hard if I was a new customer, Unfortunately I doubt new customers would even travel this far into the forums to discover the depths of F4 and the problems that customers are now facing.

Oh well..... Thought provoking tho.

Capped4

Pro Member
Wow.... how quickly can you eat 15Gb at 24M ?

On the plus side, my business with them seems to be coming to a conclusion

05/03/2008
21:35:14 Customer O>K> , this is getting tiresome now,
Perhaps if I simplify the questions I may get an answer?

1/ is there a cancellation on my connection?

2/ Is there a problem with my landline that will impact migration or not?

3 WTF is the point of the "notify me of a reply by email" in the options below?
06/03/2008

06/03/2008
11:21:13 Technical Support Hi Stephen,

1. There has been a cancellation request made for your account; this was actioned on the 03rd March at 14:15 by you with Paula over the phone; the account closure has been set for the 4th April.
2. I am not aware of any problems on your landline that may stop you from successfully migrating to another supplier; indeed, checking your order details currently, I note that an order was placed by another ISP on the 5th March with the MAC code we supplied to you to accept your service; I believe this is due to complete by the 12th March.
3. The ''notify me of a reply by email'' does exactly that; once we have responded to your ticket, you are sent an email to your supplied ''contact'' address to advise that a response has been made and can be reviewed from your members area.

Kind Regards,
Paul
Customer Services

11:31:53 Customer Thanks for the reply, pleasingly relevant.

1 Acceptable! Although I didn''t request cancellation, this doesn''t matter as I should have migrated by then.
2 Thank you, that''s what I needed to know
3 Just to let you know, I checked the box from the start, but have not received any notification emails at all. Seems not to work

This ticket is now concluded to my satisfaction,

thanks
steve

Ticket ID:
From: Customer Via: Members Last Entry: 06/03/2008 12:08:00
Subject: new 15gb change to t&c
06/03/2008
12:08:00 Technical Support Glad I could help; if you have any further queries, please advise as to how we can assist you.

Kind Regards,
Paul
Customer Services

tghe-retford

Top Member
Better either buy a bolt on or be prepared to pay 2 quid / GB for anything over 15Gb used by the end of march - Click on "bandwith usage" in your secure console to see this (amongst other stf!)

Hang on........ The "unlimited" is back in the description WHAT IS GOING ON?

If your page says this copy the whole page and save it quick!!!
Ssshhhh... they'll find out... ;):D

Though on a serious note, yes, mine does say Unlimited as well (they finally fixed the gas boiler after five days), and the contract under my account is still for the "Up To 8MB Home Unlimited with Friends" as well as say:

"The total cost of additional bandwidth usage is shown below. Your current plan includes Unlimited of inclusive bandwidth per month (plus any additional Bolt-Ons you may have purchased). Usage above this limit is charged at a rate of £2.00 per GigaByte or part thereof."

Of course, we don't know what this means for those who according to the email should have changed to the 15GB plan but according to their accounts are still on an unlimited plan.

It all won't matter anyway. Samknows is reporting that Be* Broadband will be enabled at my exchange from April 30th, so I plan to move around then.

Mac

Top Member
you need to read this from the bottom

07/03/2008
09:15:14 Customer Services Closed.
07/03/2008
09:15:13 Customer Services Iain the account you have here is limited to a 15gb connection however you can purchase more from within the members area if you wish.

Kind Regards,
Jonathan
Customer Services
06/03/2008
18:32:15 Customer My account says it is unlimited. Is it still unlimited or do I have a cap of 15gb

So technically my account is unlimited as I can buy as many bolt on packages as I want.

Last edited:

tghe-retford

Top Member
My account still says "Up To 8MB Home Unlimited with Friends"... :D

Regardless, and not risking an £18 10GB bolt-on, I have started a new spectator sport in my house. Netmeter works fine on Linux using Wine, so now I am trying to keep the usage of my broadband down as low as I can. No YouTube, Internet Radio or high bandwidth uses (it uses 100's of MB's, even GB's over time), just the challenge of using as little bandwidth as possible.

I'm up to 0.892GB's, though I have to confess, I was out for a few days this week so I cheated a little. :D I should beat my record set last month of 8.335GB. It's almost as exciting as trying to keep a food budget down below £20 for a week...

...OK, maybe not then!

IveBeenDone4

You could always try pulling out your ethernet lead between each packet..........see if that helps....... ROFL.... :laugh:

Crumbs..... Insanity looks like it's setting in now.... he he

Thought of the day:-

As they sang in monty python:- "Always look on the bright side of death" (not that I quite understand why I said that??!!!)

Capped4

Pro Member
You could always try pulling out your ethernet lead between each packet..........see if that helps....... ROFL.... :laugh:

Crumbs..... Insanity looks like it's setting in now.... he he

Thought of the day:-

As they sang in monty python:- "Always look on the bright side of death" (not that I quite understand why I said that??!!!)
I've lifted my thought for the day from an old email.

Thank you for being extremely patient and I look forward to being able to
restore all of your confidence with my product and my team.

Kind Regards

Steve Kaye
CEO Fast 4

(yes, I do file them all:))

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2537)
  2. FTTP (2255)
  3. FTTC (1677)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1444)
  6. Openreach (1432)
  7. Business (1259)
  8. Statistics (1113)
  9. FTTH (1106)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1059)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (923)
  13. 4G (919)
  14. Wireless Internet (918)
  15. Virgin Media (871)
  16. EE (606)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (535)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules