Sponsored Links

New Linksys MX4200 Firmware?

Kingpin

Good afternoon all,

Logged in to my MX4200 v2 from CF which i had flashed to retail firmware.

Current Firmware on all 3 nodes are 2.0.6.211172 which by the looks of it is the latest firmware according to https://www.linksys.com/support-article?articleNum=317331

However according to the nodes themselves there's an update. As this update isn't on the linksys website i'm hesitant to update. Could CF have pushed a firmware to all the 4200 v2's?

If so...i would have thought by flashing with retail firmware this would have stopped CF's ability to push firmware to those devices.

Also the router doesn't tell me what its being upgraded to when i click update and it gives me the do you want to continue... yes or no option.

Any views or ideas are welcome.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 12.45.24.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 12.45.24.png
    197.7 KB · Views: 74
I've applied this too on my CF stock MX4200s. No idea what is fixed or changed, and as I'm running them in bridge mode a lot of the functionality is hidden from me anyway.

Sponsored Links
Very common issue. The place where you check what's the last firmware (usually a support page) is not the same where the devices check (usually an API endpoint). API endpoints tend to be updated via an automated process first, as support pages usually need manual updates. If you want to know what endpoint your devices are using you need to capture the traffic. I use the excellent Proxyman in the past for this as it can also do SSL interception (if you are able to trust the self issued cert in your devices).

This happened to me also recently. I have 7 MX4200v2 nodes, all CF originally reflashed to 2.0.6.211172, in bridge mode.

Strange thing is I had disabled auto-update from the app.

It appears now that all child nodes have updated to firmware 2.0.7.213542 - however the parent node remains on 2.0.6 and I realised this may have been the reason my nodes have started randomly disconnecting and causing issues recently (parent mode has older firmware than child nodes?). My setup was stable before when all nodes were on 2.0.6.

This instability can only be fixed if I run Channel Finder - and then the nodes are stable. However after running Channel Finder, not all nodes are itemised on the app (although the total number is correct, see here: https://www.reddit.com/r/LinksysOfficial/s/C1yuLL7ypQ ). If I restart the nodes, it appears I have to run Channel Finder again to re-stabilise.

No matter what I try, I cannot seem to get the parent node to update, it maintains that 2.0.6 is the latest firmware, despite re-enabling auto-update and even manually trying to update via internet on the web UI.

This happened to me also recently. I have 7 MX4200v2 nodes, all CF originally reflashed to 2.0.6.211172, in bridge mode.

Strange thing is I had disabled auto-update from the app.

It appears now that all child nodes have updated to firmware 2.0.7.213542 - however the parent node remains on 2.0.6 and I realised this may have been the reason my nodes have started randomly disconnecting and causing issues recently (parent mode has older firmware than child nodes?). My setup was stable before when all nodes were on 2.0.6.

This instability can only be fixed if I run Channel Finder - and then the nodes are stable. However after running Channel Finder, not all nodes are itemised on the app (although the total number is correct, see here: https://www.reddit.com/r/LinksysOfficial/s/C1yuLL7ypQ ). If I restart the nodes, it appears I have to run Channel Finder again to re-stabilise.

No matter what I try, I cannot seem to get the parent node to update, it maintains that 2.0.6 is the latest firmware, despite re-enabling auto-update and even manually trying to update via internet on the web UI.
Hi there. I have EXACTLY the same issue, albeit main parent node if from Toob, and x2 child nodes are from CF. Any luck getting your scenario resolved? If so, please do share what you did and whether it worked. I don't know whether this is right, but I'm assuming I would do best to have all x3 nodes on the same Firmware version (yes, they are all the same MX4200 devices, regardless of vendor)...thats my end goal.

Sidenote...Linksys online support tell me latest 'Retail' version is 2.06, so I'm a bit baffled by what 2.07 is (and whether that is newer or older than 2.06 Retail).

2.0.7 is an isp version. I know this because I tried to flash down to 2.0.6 but had a message saying firmware on this device is controlled by the ISP. So I had to go through the process of flashing to retail by installing the star hub version then 2.0.6

Sponsored Links
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • UtilityWarehouse £19.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • NOW £23.00
    Speed 63Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00
    Speed 73 - 82Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £24.99
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Zzoomm £19.95
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • YouFibre £19.99
  • Community Fibre £20.00
  • BeFibre £21.00
    Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Sponsored Links
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5385)
  2. BT (3490)
  3. Politics (2494)
  4. Openreach (2275)
  5. Business (2221)
  6. Building Digital UK (2215)
  7. FTTC (2038)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1940)
  9. Statistics (1763)
  10. 4G (1639)
  11. Virgin Media (1589)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1438)
  13. FTTH (1379)
  14. Wireless Internet (1378)
  15. Fibre Optic (1375)
  16. 5G (1215)
  17. Vodafone (1126)
  18. EE (1111)
  19. TalkTalk (927)
  20. O2 (914)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules