Sponsored Links

New Smarty sim - strange behaviour

I’ll be taking no discount lol they’ll be taking their router back at their expense!
I'm with you there. They'll even collect it for you once the jiffy bag comes. But as you said, it might just be growing pains with the new site, give it a few days and see if anything improves, if not then you know what to do.

Band 3 no longer CAs with 20 if it is the primary in any location as far as i can tell.
Aye, apparently I’ve got a primary base station for city wide, let alone a primary band 1800.

I’m on the top floor struggling, at st level to the local shop I struggle to get data/calls/texts when I’m right next to the local MBNL & Cornerstone site that EE/o2/Voda has 5G on. Crazy I can’t access Three at all on it, or the two MBNL south within 500m or the previous MBNL west of me about a mile.

Crazy you couldn’t make it up.

I'm with you there. They'll even collect it for you once the jiffy bag comes. But as you said, it might just be growing pains with the new site, give it a few days and see if anything improves, if not then you know what to do.
Yup. A dominant base station isn’t a growing pain it’s a right cock up.

Jesus let me connect to the four MBNLs haha. I think someone has really messed up, it was slower with EE 5G from April, now Three or Smarty is unusable.

Yup. A dominant base station isn’t a growing pain it’s a right cock up.

Jesus let me connect to the four MBNLs haha. I think someone has really messed up, it was slower with EE 5G from April, now Three or Smarty is unusable.
I wouldn't be too happy about it either. I know very little but the basics around this stuff but perhaps a directional antenna might sort the issue out? if using a router that is. If nothing improves over the next few weeks. Can always send it back if you have no luck with it

I wouldn't be too happy about it either. I know very little but the basics around this stuff but perhaps a directional antenna might sort the issue out? if using a router that is. If nothing improves over the next few weeks. Can always send it back if you have no luck with it

I’m using a sim/phone, Smarty & Three contract tested. Ordered the broadband to test, only difference is CPE Pro 2 prefers B20 off the same one base station, as like me it knows the B3 isn’t stable that far away haha.

I’ll be Live Chat tomorrow for return, won’t touch Three till 5G goes live off the MBNL base station 200m away that I should be able to connect to on 4G. Someone has well screwed up, barring Three sims from MBNL base station sites is beyond amateur.

After it’s LC return I think I’ll call Three head office and explain the problem to get transferred to anyone but India Tech Support who won’t have a dando what I’m talking about, they’ll say yes it’s working when it’s blatantly not, haha.

Contacting their main office may get some results but don't hold out hope. Had to do it with openreach once with success but in my experience with mobile networks there is a complete different standard. Almost like you can't hold them accountable like you can with fixed line providers/openreach.

Contacting their main office may get some results but don't hold out hope. Had to do it with openreach once with success but in my experience with mobile networks there is a complete different standard. Almost like you can't hold them accountable like you can with fixed line providers/openreach.
If they start playing hardball I’ll just tell them in Scotland a Sheriffs small claims court can force anything it’s not just cash, would you like a court appointed third party network investigation into your failures to land at Ofcom via the judiciary ? A independent court appointed network report can be done for under £5K no problems.

haha ;)

You would not believe how many English registered companies don’t want a Scottish court setting legal precedence in Scotland that England & Wales Judiciary can then use, premium law the Scots, just like the beef ;)

I’ve threatened every U.K. network with Scots legal action at one point, they always back down (tail between legs). :D

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5512)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules