Sponsored Links

new strange issue on 535-232 using Smarty

Gandi69

ULTIMATE Member
Ive noticed in the past few days that my connection via Smarty/Three has developed a strange issue.
The connection runs reasonably well but with the usual "issue" that i've noticed before which I can only assume is some sort of traffic management going on.
If I reboot the B535 the speeds I get can reach 50-70mbit happily but after about 10 minutes it levels out to a more usual 20/30 mbit, which I've come to learn seems pretty normal for me at least. However its now doing something else now, after about 12-15 hours of steady use the latency and jitter increase massively and the speeds drop to virtually nothing. It takes another reboot to clear this issue and then you start the cycle again.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I've been running this B535 for a while now and its generally been very stable, if not giving great speeds consistently.
The connection figures that the B535 reports are consistent too and in a relatively good range so I'm a little stumped as to what can be causing this.

ydc6XYq.png

Ive noticed in the past few days that my connection via Smarty/Three has developed a strange issue.
The connection runs reasonably well but with the usual "issue" that i've noticed before which I can only assume is some sort of traffic management going on.
If I reboot the B535 the speeds I get can reach 50-70mbit happily but after about 10 minutes it levels out to a more usual 20/30 mbit, which I've come to learn seems pretty normal for me at least. However its now doing something else now, after about 12-15 hours of steady use the latency and jitter increase massively and the speeds drop to virtually nothing. It takes another reboot to clear this issue and then you start the cycle again.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I've been running this B535 for a while now and its generally been very stable, if not giving great speeds consistently.
The connection figures that the B535 reports are consistent too and in a relatively good range so I'm a little stumped as to what can be causing this.

ydc6XYq.png
Hi Gandi69,

I noticed a slowdown this afternoon here, my pings went to around 169, they are usually in the 30's, but this only lasted around 5 minutes then it just returned to normal.

I didn't have to reboot the router.

Unfortunately I can't remember what time this happened.

This is the only time that this has happened though, it's never happened to me before.

I just assumed it was a once off.

Everything has been back to normal since this happened.

I'm using the CPE Pro 2 though, but thought I'd mention it anyway. :giggle:

I noticed too that the ping went through the roof. Must just be a temp issue.

Sponsored Links
I don't think it's hardware. The same thing happened to me although I don't recall the exact time it occurred. Pings went way up and download speed was less than 10mb/s.

Might be worth monitoring CELL ID, RSRP, SINR changes, too, see if there's a pattern. If those don't change.. then it's likely backhaul issue.

Well something has changed today again.
Upload is rubbish (sub 5mbit) but download is 60/70? Same Cell, RSRP, SINR values and band as before (aggregating bands 1 + 3)

Sponsored Links

We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area​

We’re sorry for any disruption you experience. Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual.

Updates on our work will be posted here. We’re working as fast as we can to build a better, stronger network in your area.

You can find more help and advice below. And you can read more about our Big Network Build here.

Last updated on 00:15 pm 14 September 2021.

^^ thats new though, wasnt there until today as I have been checking

We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area​

We’re sorry for any disruption you experience. Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual.

Updates on our work will be posted here. We’re working as fast as we can to build a better, stronger network in your area.

You can find more help and advice below. And you can read more about our Big Network Build here.

Last updated on 00:15 pm 14 September 2021.

^^ thats new though, wasnt there until today as I have been checking
I had that for over a month, when their work was completed I had the slowest speeds ever. No idea what they done, but it wasn't good.

Hope you have better luck than I did after their 'stronger network' work.

🤞for you Gandi69.

Been pretty quick (in relative terms) all day, come 5:30pm/6 speeds are appalling and ping times in the 1000ms plus range

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules