Sponsored Links

New Three 4G Hub

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Three have recently released a new 4G Hub and it looks awful if I'm honest. I haven't been able to see the specs of it yet but it'll try and fin them. I'm surprised they've ditched the 535 tbh.

Still the B535 on their website, you'd think they would like to show their new toy. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I’ve never seen band 80 anywhere? Is that new or due to come for even better capacity/coverage?

Unless they meant band 8?

This is the closest photo i can get of it

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 377
Sponsored Links
yeah, i thought that
probs cos providers aren't allowed to sell or use Huawei kit now (or at least in the future if that rule isn't in place yet). I know talktalk did similar with pulling their huawei routers and TV boxes.

Given the specs Tom posted above, it's most likely a unit based on the ZTE MF286D model (D is CAT12, R is CAT6)

It's probably not that exact one, since it doesn't support B32, but probably a variation of.

Last edited:
yeah, i thought that
probs cos providers aren't allowed to sell or use Huawei kit now (or at least in the future if that rule isn't in place yet). I know talktalk did similar with pulling their huawei routers and TV boxes.
I think ZTE is as banned as Huawei in US/UK.

They may have just got a better deal from ZTE , who knows.

Three have recently released a new 4G Hub and it looks awful if I'm honest. I haven't been able to see the specs of it yet but it'll try and fin them. I'm surprised they've ditched the 535 tbh.
The 4x4 mimo and cat12 will give it an edge over B535.
Might be closer to b818 in performance.

Sponsored Links
I think ZTE is as banned as Huawei in US/UK.
I wonder if they're getting around that by using ZTE as a whitebox white label manufacturer but doing their own firmware - I see they've plonked a nice big 3 logo on the front of it (don't think they do/did with previous Huawei routers?)

Edit: not sure 'whitebox' is the right term now, but I can't think what the word I mean...

Last edited:
The later Huawei routers had 3 logos on the front, especially the 5G ones. It was mainly the ones with the custom three firmware, I luckily managed to dodge this firmware with the time of buying my contract with them.

Sponsored Links
The later Huawei routers had 3 logos on the front, especially the 5G ones. It was mainly the ones with the custom three firmware, I luckily managed to dodge this firmware with the time of buying my contract with them.
Interesting, I didn't know that they branded their routers (I know they used to brand their MiFi/dongles)

Screenshot_20210630-214508_Google.jpg

My antique B525 was branded Gavin. :giggle:

So is mine (spare) but came new unopened probably excess stock from 3 southern Ireland.

More than likely Mr Choo.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules