Sponsored Links

New Three 4G Hub

Its a Voxi Unlimited plan on the sim, yo get the hub I signed up to three on a 30 day rolling contract and paid £29 upfront for device.
If you ring three you can get it on a 30 day with no upfront. I did this with my B535 and the Mifi

Its a Voxi Unlimited plan on the sim, yo get the hub I signed up to three on a 30 day rolling contract and paid £29 upfront for device.
The £35 plan or the £10 for now plan? I was tempted with the for now but unsure if they would ever clock on a blank image was uploaded 😂

I spoke to Three this morning about upgrading to 5G and they wouldn't give it me as my area not classed as 5G.

They offered to drop my £30 monthly 4G to £25....

I've however since placed the order online as an existing customer for 5G hub on 12 month contract for £31 and will kill the 4G contract on 29th.
Have fun with their dud 5G router. Hope you get a bit further.

I spoke to Three this morning about upgrading to 5G and they wouldn't give it me as my area not classed as 5G.

They offered to drop my £30 monthly 4G to £25....

I've however since placed the order online as an existing customer for 5G hub on 12 month contract for £31 and will kill the 4G contract on 29th.
I killed the Mifi the other day, instead of ringing 3, use a STAC code. I found it much easier and just gave the STAC code to a random O2 SIM I had laying around.

I see you guys have been discussing the Three 4G Hub router and concluded it's probably a ZTE MF286D - is that right?

But can anyone tell me what Three's "4G Plus Hub" is (pic & spec attached).

My 2year contract with Three is up soon, and I'm wondering whether to renew with them on a SIM only deal & keep my Huawei B535, ask for their "4G Hub" deal at £14/month, ask for their "4G Plus Hub" deal at £17/month or switch to a cheap Smarty SIM or go with pricey Vodafone (who have 5G in my area). I'm assuming the Three "free LG TV" deal is over? (not that I want a TV, I'd rather have cheaper/faster internet!)
IMG_20210914_120829.jpg
IMG_20210914_120903.jpg

I see you guys have been discussing the Three 4G Hub router and concluded it's probably a ZTE MF286D - is that right?

But can anyone tell me what Three's "4G Plus Hub" is (pic & spec attached).

My 2year contract with Three is up soon, and I'm wondering whether to renew with them on a SIM only deal & keep my Huawei B535, ask for their "4G Hub" deal at £14/month, ask for their "4G Plus Hub" deal at £17/month or switch to a cheap Smarty SIM or go with pricey Vodafone (who have 5G in my area). I'm assuming the Three "free LG TV" deal is over? (not that I want a TV, I'd rather have cheaper/faster internet!)View attachment 1540View attachment 1541
We discussed it in the thread below smithbill17.

Thread Below

It's a Sercomm, but no one has it yet so don't know if it's anything to write home about so far. :giggle:

We discussed it in the thread below smithbill17.

Thread Below

It's a Sercomm, but no one has it yet so don't know if it's anything to write home about so far. :giggle:
Oops, sorry - i should've done a bit more searching 😊

So if I understand correctly the Three "4G Hub" is a ZTE MF286D (Cat12) and the "4G Plus Hub" is a Sercomm something-or-other and is also a Cat12 router?

If they are both Cat12, then chances are they wont be overly different in terms of max download/upload performance given the same Three network masts? So is there any reason to pay Three £17/month for the "4G Plus Hub" rather than £14/month for the lesser "4G Hub" ?

Currently i'm using the Three supplied Huawei B535 which is kinda rubbish, so i'm just looking for something that offers better than that without paying much more than that £15/month I currently pay Three for Unlimited data.

Oops, sorry - i should've done a bit more searching 😊

So if I understand correctly the Three "4G Hub" is a ZTE MF286D (Cat12) and the "4G Plus Hub" is a Sercomm something-or-other and is also a Cat12 router?

If they are both Cat12, then chances are they wont be overly different in terms of max download/upload performance given the same Three network masts? So is there any reason to pay Three £17/month for the "4G Plus Hub" rather than £14/month for the lesser "4G Hub" ?

Currently i'm using the Three supplied Huawei B535 which is kinda rubbish, so i'm just looking for something that offers better than that without paying much more than that £15/month I currently pay Three for Unlimited data.
I don't think there'll much in it between the two routers smithbill17.

Being a cheapskate I'd be going for the £14 jobby.

Would be interesting to find out how the '4G Plus Hub' performs though as we all seem to be a right nosey lot in here. :giggle:

Not sure what extra delights you'll get for the extra pennies though.:unsure:

Maybe just that it has a companion app.

Still no reviews in for the app yet.

Three Hub App

I use a 818 and a 535 in different places. With respect to speed with a smarty sim I see little difference when used in the same place, my main address. The 818 is obviously better but not by much in my particular location (yet) which is not in the Three "home broadband postcode area". If however your in better area you may see more of a difference.
Today with the 818 I saw peaks of 90 mbps with the best average download 56mbps.
There is still mast/network stuff going on as well so hopefully when it does get sorted it will be more reliable, I have to drop to 3g sometimes.
I have the 525 here too and would need to get it out and test but when the 535 came (contract sim in another handset now for her data and hotspot) there was nothing between them apart from being unable to use the inclusive minutes with the 535 so it is now where the 525 would not drop cleanly to 3g to make/receive calls as the house is blind to the local mast but gets a signal from 24 miles away (cellmapper). 3G does switch in eventually there but useless if depending on it for calls.

One more thing concerning Three's 4G Hub deal that i'd like to ask others for their experience:

Q. when I do the dumb "Check Availability" thing on Three's website and put in my postcode, I get the "We're on our way. We're busy expanding our network to connect more homes" and I can't then proceed with the "4G Hub" deal. If I phone them up and say "give me this deal or i'm leaving", are they just going to say they cant, and that's all there is to it??

One more thing concerning Three's 4G Hub deal that i'd like to ask others for their experience:

Q. when I do the dumb "Check Availability" thing on Three's website and put in my postcode, I get the "We're on our way. We're busy expanding our network to connect more homes" and I can't then proceed with the "4G Hub" deal. If I phone them up and say "give me this deal or i'm leaving", are they just going to say they cant, and that's all there is to it??
You could type in a random postcode where it is available and get it that way. Can still checkout with your own postcode and address details. Or you could use this link http://www.three.co.uk/store/broadband/home-broadband/three5ghomebroadband courtesy of Sam from one of the articles comment sections.

You could type in a random postcode where it is available and get it that way. Can still checkout with your own postcode and address details. Or you could use this link http://www.three.co.uk/store/broadband/home-broadband/three5ghomebroadband courtesy of Sam from one of the articles comment sections.
I knew someone here would have the answer (y)

Have you noticed their 'smallprint' says "Each April, your Monthly Charge will increase by 4.5%". I know they all do this now, but 4.5% strikes me as greedy.

I knew someone here would have the answer (y)

Have you noticed their 'smallprint' says "Each April, your Monthly Charge will increase by 4.5%". I know they all do this now, but 4.5% strikes me as greedy.
Thank goodness for the cheapy piggy backers, none of that milarky with them. :giggle:

I phoned Three - after the usual 15mins giving inside leg measurements and being transferred around, the 'Upgrades' guy told me they dont have any stock of the "4G Hub" (£14/month) or of the "4G Plus Hub" (£17/month).

And they wouldn't 'waive' the £36 fee for upgrading 1 month ahead of my existing contract end date.

But hey, they will let me keep my current loyalty discount for another 2years and keep paying £15/month and I carry on using my B535 - err, why would I do this?? Pay £1 more than everyone else and keep using a rubbish B535 instead of paying £14/month and have a new Cat12 router!? Three are clueless.

I phoned Three - after the usual 15mins giving inside leg measurements and being transferred around, the 'Upgrades' guy told me they dont have any stock of the "4G Hub" (£14/month) or of the "4G Plus Hub" (£17/month).

And they wouldn't 'waive' the £36 fee for upgrading 1 month ahead of my existing contract end date.

But hey, they will let me keep my current loyalty discount for another 2years and keep paying £15/month and I carry on using my B535 - err, why would I do this?? Pay £1 more than everyone else and keep using a rubbish B535 instead of paying £14/month and have a new Cat12 router!? Three are clueless.
Let it expire then apply again via topcashback and mobiles.co.uk. @GavinAshford says he's paying around £6 this way:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/threads/testing-three-4g-5g-inc-smarty-mobile.37064/post-263441

I wouldn't get your hopes up about that new router being vastly better than your current B535 especially considering its still going to be on three. Although I do agree why should you pay more for lesser specced equipment

I've just ordered their 4g hub so i'm curious if i'll receive it anytime soon if they have no stock. Claims to be with me on Thursday. I'll keep the dedicated thread updated if i receive the device. Take some screenshots of the router ui etc..

I don't think there'll much in it between the two routers smithbill17.

Being a cheapskate I'd be going for the £14 jobby.

Would be interesting to find out how the '4G Plus Hub' performs though as we all seem to be a right nosey lot in here. :giggle:

Not sure what extra delights you'll get for the extra pennies though.:unsure:

Maybe just that it has a companion app.

Still no reviews in for the app yet.

Three Hub App
Looks extremely pointless and basic, why not use the web UI?

Looks extremely pointless and basic, why not use the web UI?
its a basic router for basic people. Change my mind!

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules