Sponsored Links

New unlimited ISP and Router

You can use Cloudflare Argo tunnels (free service). It addresses your need. You can use this instead of port forwarding behind CGNAT.

You can use Cloudflare Argo tunnels (free service). It addresses your need. You can use this instead of port forwarding behind CGNAT.
What is this? I'm on EE and i'd be curious to know how this works and how to implement it.

It need to be installed on Linux or directly on the router. OpenWrt works fine. Instructions here.

cloudflared maintains a tunnel to inside your network which is accessible via Cloudflare's network. So ANY service you want to be available that's on your network can be accessed from outside of the network, despite CGNAT.

I know it can expose HTTP traffic to the outside web though I'm not certain how you configure it for other services on different ports. EDIT - figured it out. It's explained here.

It's obviously fairly technical but if you're just wanting to expose a web interface to the outside world, that is easy.

I think ZeroTier is probably the easiest way to achieve this, then. You can access your home network easily from behind CGNAT this way also. The only thing you need to have a device capable of running zerotier on your network. So a Pi, OpenWrt, Linux/PC/Mac etc.

I found I could add "3internet" APN to my phone, When selected it connected to a real IP. Having said that I haven't been able to use direct port forwarding for many months from my router. I can get partial success by using L2P VPN then launch a client that specifies a forwarding port. The client shows the port as open.

Sponsored Links
I found I could add "3internet" APN to my phone, When selected it connected to a real IP. Having said that I haven't been able to use direct port forwarding for many months from my router. I can get partial success by using L2P VPN then launch a client that specifies a forwarding port. The client shows the port as open.
Despite the public IP, their network is heavily firewalled afaik, hence all these problems.
Vpn (tunnel etc) is the way.

Yes yes yes

After reading in here for a month+, after researching prices and specs for a week+, I've decided to go with OPPO 5G CPE Omni

Went to OPPO, asked for shops to buy it from, they've said "on your bike". Talk with China, as its not globaly sold
Asked China, they've said "just forget about it" . Parts are an issue for a long time and it won't be stocked .

You can check the alternatives :
1. HUAWEI 5G CPE PRO 2 H122-373
2. HUAWEI 5G CPE PRO H112-370 WIFI 6
3. HUAWEI 5G CPE PRO H112-372
4. OPPO 5G CPE T1
5. OPPO 5G CPE T1A WIFI 6
6. NETGEAR MR5200
7. ZTE 5G CPE Outdoor WiFi MC7010
8. ZTE 5G CPE MC801A WiFi 6 Router

Besides being a good kit all together, I believe cpe pro 2 gained a lot of market by just being available out there, compared to all the others.
Gonna have to read more and cross out the ones that don't have the right bands/support for all today's UK networks and why not, tomorrow's too.(there's where I'm gonna need your help)

Also I've ordered and got myself one if three's free 200mb every month data sim. Just to try the network and see what I'm getting. After being bounced back and forth on onlines support, they've said that oh, we're having technical problems with rewarding your monthly allowance and pls give us more time. 2 hrs advertised on their page, 3 days and counting so far :)
It was a nice little £10/month unlimited deal that expired Sunday night....

The CPE Pro 2 has pretty solid band coverage of both LTE and 5G, better than anything else out there. Try to find yourself a bargain..

As for Three.. no comments.

@johnro also check the N5368X on eBay from Bahrain.
Not the greatest LTE coverage (for Three, missing band 32), but hey it's 5G and it's outdoors.

The ZTE MC801 and MC801A have appeared on ebay recently. There seems to be more than one flavour though. Some have provision for external antenna and telephone in various permutations.

Sponsored Links
checked my iphone and somehow it got unlocked.

went and got an unlimited Three £10/m/12 with at least £25 TCB too

let's see what this will get me . hopefully no more then 24hrs of waiting :)

Last edited:
I’m still waiting for someone to try the new Three router. I’m hoping it comes unlocked.

I’m still waiting for someone to try the new Three router. I’m hoping it comes unlocked.
I’m guessing they’ll do the good old exhaust unlock like they do on the 5G ones so your only option is return or use their network. This is usual you only if it’s three brand or used three firmware.

checked my iphone and somehow it got unlocked.
iPhones and pixels auto unlock. For an iPhone, it’s three years from activation date (6s and above). On pixels it’s 721 days from activation.

I've got my one back in April this year from EE
That's strange then. I had a 6s from a family member and had to wait a few days for EE to unlock it for free, then i used it on giffgaff.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules