Sponsored Links

New unlimited ISP and Router

They love to deploy over fields and dead spaces, this is how they can say they have the fastest 5G - because nobody is using the mast 😂
They have two max config masts over one little village (the one I live In!) They also have a monopole mast over the other village

well well

just came across this bad boy

totally new brand to me but they seem to have more besides this one.
anyone had any experience with them?

well well

just came across this bad boy

totally new brand to me but they seem to have more besides this one.
anyone had any experience with them?
Never heard of them, it's one of those chinese things..
Specs look good, price is hefty, though much cheaper than the 5G Nighthawks which also use the X55 Qualcomm chip. Wonder what the OS is like, perhaps some Android concoction.
Not a bad deal if you have that kind of money to spare.

for a few days now, my iphone's hotspot is playing up

hotspot icon is up but router not getting internet
a quick OFF/10s/ON on hotspot and all is back to normal

all happens at about 8.30PM

anyone noticed anything similar?

i'm with 3 unlimited and so far i've done 2TB of traffic in under 2 weeks time
APN: three.co.uk

I've not had a HotSpot issue but my Broadband uses that same APN and is fine all day but tends to drop 4g around then. Might be a Three refresh thing? A reboot generally sorts but it is quite frustrating.

I have an alternative APN available on my phone "3hotspot". I have no idea if using that might help.

pls pls pls share some light.
i'm not up to speed on these.

bottom line: what bands a router must have ?
for present and near future(2-3 years) use in the UK

what's bothering me is that wired WAN is only 1Gb with most.
a bit in the way if, and that's a big IF, 5G SA will give a lot over that.

what's bothering me is that wired WAN is only 1Gb with most.
a bit in the way if, and that's a big IF, 5G SA will give a lot over that.
Don't worry about that. SA won't be faster, not for a few good years by which time we'll prolly have upgraded our devices or moved on to fttp.

It won't be SA that brings higher speeds (NSA should be faster since it also uses the 4G carriers in aggregation).

Where the greater speeds will come is NR CA (5G carrier aggregation) of high bandwidth carriers, such as Three's 100Mhz+40Mhz of n78 (if they ever use it).

It won't be SA that brings higher speeds (NSA should be faster since it also uses the 4G carriers in aggregation).

Where the greater speeds will come is NR CA (5G carrier aggregation) of high bandwidth carriers, such as Three's 100Mhz+40Mhz of n78 (if they ever use it).
Would three operate that on another n78 carrier so it would be n78+n78 or would it use another band? I know they aren’t using 700MHz (n71 isn’t it???)

My limited knowledge on the subject is only using cacombos

For the cpe pro 2 I'm seeing n78 agregating with a lot of 4g bands but not with another n78

Have you seen an available router out there doing multiple 5G aggregations or am I reading it wrong?

Edit: reading more about it, is B42 Three's 5G band?

(Thanks for all the info guys)

As far as I know there aren't any CPEs (customer premise equipment, read: routers) devices that can NR CA at the moment.

Only newer mobile phones, such as Mi 11 Lite 5G which is based on the new(ish) Snapdragon x53 modem can NR CA.

I assume chipsets released from 2021 onwards are the ones that could potentially be capable of NR CA.

Would three operate that on another n78 carrier so it would be n78+n78 or would it use another band? I know they aren’t using 700MHz (n71 isn’t it???)
Correct, it'd be n78+n78, since the blocks they own are separate so they couldn't use it as contiguous 140Mhz bandwidth.

700mhz is n28. n78+n28 NR CA has been seen (on the Mi 11 Lite 5G I mentioned above), though not in the UK (yet)

As far as I know there aren't any CPEs (customer premise equipment, read: routers) devices that can NR CA at the moment.

Only newer mobile phones, such as Mi 11 Lite 5G which is based on the new(ish) Snapdragon x53 modem can NR CA.

I assume chipsets released from 2021 onwards are the ones that could potentially be capable of NR CA.

Correct, it'd be n78+n78, since the blocks they own are separate so they couldn't use it as contiguous 140Mhz bandwidth.

700mhz is n28. n78+n28 NR CA has been seen (on the Mi 11 Lite 5G I mentioned above), though not in the UK (yet)

I was looking at all mi11 's and they'll perfectly fit with my ax9000

Can't justify another phone though

I was looking at all mi11 's and they'll perfectly fit with my ax9000

Can't justify another phone though
You can get the Mi 11 Lites used for ~£300 atm on eBay. Double a Mi 10T Lite but if it’s the modem you need then pony up.

ok ok

so, i've had a lot of hours on my hand (not), moved a few things around and managed to sort myself with 2 PC's and 1 Router that have wifi 6E.

done a few tests back and forth and not happy with what i'm seeing.
i'm very new to iperf/jperf

what is wrong with this picture?

why so low speeds vs max connection rate?

(i'm trying to get myself ready for when 2.5GBps speeds will be all over the place)

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules