Sponsored

NewNet Customer Service

pmilford

ISP Rep
NewNet would like to advise all customers of changes to the access number for Customer Support/Helpdesk services. These changes will show an immediate reduction in the cost of calling NewNet Customer Services - reducing the cost to the lo-call rate.

With immediate effect, the Customer Service/Helpdesk number has been changed from an 08700 number to:

Customer Service Helpdesk: 0845 684 0689

In addition, the access number for the Broadband Hosting Sales team is now:

Broadband sales: 0845 684 0684

Customers will also want to know that additional appointments have now been made to the Customer Helpdesk team and that these appointments will take up their new roles within the next month - with the first arrving in post as early as next Monday! Of course, there will then be a period of training to ensure that the new staff are able to respond to customer queries with the usual high level of knowledge that customers have come to expect.

A new apointment has also been made to introduce the role of Customer Care Manager within the company team. The Customer Care Manager will focus on customer issues and more complex problems and has already been able to bring forward a number of issues, much to end user satisfaction. This appointment introduces a clear escalation path within NewNet for enhanced Customer Service.

NewNet is very aware of the comments made by a number of posters to the forums and is pleased to demonstrate that the company does listen to customers and does take action in response to their views.

Inactive

ULTIMATE Member
NewNet is very aware of the comments made by a number of posters to the forums and is pleased to demonstrate that the company does listen to customers and does take action in response to their views.

Good for you.

The 0870 contact numbers would have put a block on your business to many, including myself.

It is a great pity that other companies do not follow your example.

reset

ULTIMATE Member
A lot of isp's must hang their heads in shame, this one can hold it's head high, simply because it has listened to it's customers and and put into place some of the more feasible requests.

Well done Newnet, the listening provider.

keymaster

Casual Member
Hi Peter

Hi Peter,
well done for this excellent improvement which I am sure will be a great PR move also.
I used your service briefly and found my connection both stable and fast - in fact I would score that 10/10, but left after only a couple of months.
the reasons I left were.
1) Usenet - on joining I actually said usenet (text only) was something I used daily, your support constantly assured me it would be fixed in a about a week - never happened while I was there, did it ever?
2) Support - I found support to be expensive, waiting times were long and people I spoke to were rude and unhelpful.
I wish I had been closer as I could have visited your support center and had the same effect as the other customer. I chose to moan on your forums which, at the time, only brought me ridicule from your happy clappy fan club (not quite as bad as the Idnet ones) so I just left, what a shame you were not so pro-active then.
great move though
thanks
Keymaster

Last edited:

paul45

ULTIMATE Member
5 out of 10 for moving from 0870 to 0845 numbers.
Mind you, I'd have given 10 out of 10 for changing to normal code telephone number.

I really do dispise 0870 & 0845 codes, which are increasing at an alarming rate - even government departments seem to be changing to 0870 & 0845 codes so they get a cut of the call charge.
What a rip off it all is.

Compliments to MoreThan insurance however, as I needed to ring them to make an enquiry and change to my existing insurance policy - the code was 0800 ie, a free phone number.

Pimpernel

Top Member
I have never used it (VOIP) so this question may be terribly naive ........

Why don't ISPs use VOIP for Customer Services?? ;)

pmilford

ISP Rep
VoIP?

Umm, which variant?

Some are free - but not all. VoIP is more than Skype - if you are on one and NewNet are on another then you may not be able to talk. There may be costs and these may not be as small as it may appear.

At least with conventional phones there is a common standard - dial the number from any user and it works!

Peter

keymaster

Casual Member
Hi
I am a big fan of Voip and use voip all the time (proper not skype) and 0850 numbers are charged for. Newnet should be fully aware of numbers and their costs by voip or conventional telephony as they have Mr Gradwell himself on the board I believe.
best wishes
Key

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2512)
  2. FTTP (2204)
  3. FTTC (1658)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1428)
  6. Openreach (1419)
  7. Business (1239)
  8. Statistics (1099)
  9. FTTH (1076)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1039)
  11. Fibre Optic (969)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (916)
  13. Wireless Internet (909)
  14. 4G (900)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (592)
  18. TalkTalk (580)
  19. Vodafone (518)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules