Sponsored Links

Nildram Crap now...

myozone

Casual Member
I've been with Nildram for 4 years now BUT in the last week it's been UTTER CRAP:crap:. I connect at 8 GB (~400yards from exchange) but in the week get about 0.3-1.5 on various speed checks sites at different times and different routers. Numerous phone calls on the 0871 line just say it's your equipment !! :mad: RUBBISH - SNR ~9-11.5 db Loop attenuation 15db no noise or crackles.

Time for a change - Xilo OR Adsl24 (another Opal group company?)

Any ideas ?? :)

Hey,

Can you get any llu services.. e.g O2/Be :)?

Id skip services that essentially work through BT equipment as it may be the exchange that is overloaded and changing isps that use BT might not remedy the problem.

Sponsored Links
Many BT based ISPs like IDNet, Zen and Eclipse Internet have recently increased their usage allowances and become more competitive. The first two out of those three are the best for quality. ADSL24's "Home 1 - 90" packages are also BT and based off Entanet's platform but I'm not sure if Entanet has recovered from its performance woes of last year yet or not.

ADSL24's "Home 1 - 90" packages are also BT and based off Entanet's platform.

ADSL24 have no services with Entanet. I think your find all ADSL24 services are Murphx/Daisy based services.

I'm unaware of any general wide problems with Entanet performance issues these days.

Martin is correct, my bad.

Sponsored Links
Nildram crap..... that's being too kind. I can't wait to get away from them.

Nildram appear to be taking an age to send me a mac code. What is so difficult about giving a customer a mac code? Are they worked out by some mystic sat in the background? Surely it doesn't take 5 days.

I'm leaving them because they said they'd sent me 4 letters saying my acc wasn't up to date and informed me of their new partnership with opal. 1 letter I can understand going missing in the post but... 5!!! no way. they say the sent emails to my email inbox that they provide... empty!!! How did I find this out... a phone call from a debt collector with no warning!!

Can anyone throw any light on why it takes so long to get a MAC code ?

MAC codes can be generated in mins, friend of mine had theirs from on ISP within an hour of requesting it.

Its down to the ISP on when they want to either request or send some play the OFCOM rule 5 working days to the max. In some cases this takes the customer into another billing month.

MAC codes can be generated in mins, friend of mine had theirs from on ISP within an hour of requesting it.

Its down to the ISP on when they want to either request or send some play the OFCOM rule 5 working days to the max. In some cases this takes the customer into another billing month.

The cheeky f***ers!!!
Can't see why it's not a law that the customer presses a button to get it for themselves.

Sponsored Links
Don't laugh.......o2. The reason being price.
I'm being charged 23.00 a month for unlimited downloads on a 16 meg pipe even though I only get 6. )2 are offering 10.00 on a 14 meg pipe unlimited downloads.
What made me change is the rudeness of the staff and and constant lying of staff saying they've sent me 5 letters; haven't received a single one. 5 lettres in the post do not go missing. 1 possibly but not 5, They'd also sent letters to my inbox they provide; there's nothing in there and show them. How about a phone call reminder rather than a shitty debt collector. After I went through a series of tests with their tech support people they admitted there was a problem with my mail account so it wouldn't have been possible to email me,and they haven't given me chance to respond. Too friggin late Mr !!!
While all this was going on they supposedly cut my services.....nothing!... nothing changed at all so they appear not to have a damn clue what they're doing. It's been like dealing with Walt Disney.

My own person advice is think twice before signing up with these expensive monkeys!

And just to add to it supposedly I was sent a letter saying they were now part of the opal group... didn't get that either. Don't like the fact that Talk talk,Tiscali, pippex, Nildram are all part of the Opal group( from what I can see on the interwebs).

Pretty soon they'll be one provider.
I used to be one of those people with bulldogbroadband and after dealing with the not existent service they offered I don't just roll over and play dead anymore.

Don't laugh.......o2. The reason being price.
I'm being charged 23.00 a month for unlimited downloads on a 16 meg pipe even though I only get 6. O2 are offering 10.00 on a 14 meg pipe unlimited downloads.
To be fair you got 8Mb before that and dropping to 6Mb isn't outside of the normal trend as an ISP piles more customers in any given area onto the same pipe :(.

14/16Mb is just the top advertised rate, most lines cannot deliver that speed and most ISPs would have trouble sustaining it to every customer even if they could because broadband is a "shared service" with lots of users eating from the same table.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules