Sponsored

No contact

confidence

Posted this in the reviews section but have since been informed that section's supposed to be reserved for ISPs one has actually used. Wonder it anyone's had similar experiences:

------------------

Well, I spent a lot of time trawling through the reviews at this site and elsewhere, studying and comparing various ISPs' offers. Finally decided Xilo was best for my needs and well supported by positive feedback.

However I've been trying to contact their sales department for three days now. They have noone to answer the phone - you can't even leave a message to be called back, they just have a recorded message saying "sorry, our sales team is too busy right now, try the website". All of my calls were during standard business hours.

I then sent two emails, yesterday and today. Both got the automatic acknowledgment. Neither got a reply.

So my question is, what kind of company in this market tries so hard to avoid getting customers?

And my other question is, if they can't even respond to people determined to give them business, how likely are they to respond to technical support or other requirements of existing customers?

So now I start all over again. Might be easier if this site only listed ISPs who actually exist.

------------------

I've decided now to go for SurfAnyTime. Still bewildered what Xilo are about, though.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Not heard a peep out of SurfAnyTime in awhile. If you want a reputable ISP then Zen, IDNet, AAISP and so forth are worth checking out first.

NickC4555

Not heard a peep out of SurfAnyTime in awhile. If you want a reputable ISP then Zen, IDNet, AAISP and so forth are worth checking out first.
Any reason you didn't include Aquiss in that list? I am about to move to them having spent ages comparing price/features/support etc. I would go back to Zen but their fibre packages are way too expensive.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
You could say they're covered by the "so forth" part since there are quite a lot of good smaller ISPs and I won't specifically list every one of them in a quick post :).

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2553)
  2. FTTP (2292)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1627)
  5. Politics (1457)
  6. Openreach (1444)
  7. Business (1273)
  8. FTTH (1125)
  9. Statistics (1118)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1068)
  11. Fibre Optic (984)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (930)
  13. Wireless Internet (929)
  14. 4G (926)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (542)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules