Sponsored Links

No press coverage re Vodafone major outage

Jakey

I find it quite incredible Vodafone UK and beyond has major outage issues since Saturday AM and still happening yet there is not a word in the press about it, nor a any explanation from VF. It's affecting phone and home internet.

I have VF gigafast 500 and don't have much of a problem but my daughter who has gigafast 200 is badly affected and we are in different areas of the same city.

Vodafone won't acknowledge the problem at all.

DownDetector

What city is it that you're affected in, on the Gigafast 900 package and not had any issues at all.
Can see that there is an issue somewhere looking at that DownDetector page

As I said I've just got some packet loss but my daughter who lives about 1.5 miles away has a download speed of less than 5Mbps.

Downdetector only registers ppl who manage to find their way there so doesn't tell the whole story. There is a list and a map of areas affected.

Map here

It seems VF India is also affected.

Sponsored Links
The problem with those "detector" sites is that they look at the company as a whole, which will of course mean complaints that are dominated by mobile issues. But you're looking at just the Gigafast service, which only has very limited coverage and so won't generate many complaints for an area specific issue.

You don't even read my post properly and I doubt you even looked at downdetector,

Who's talking just about Gigafast it's about all home broadband be it FTTC or FTTP.

Please take more than just a glimpse before writing it off and jumping to wrong conclusions.

Read the hundreds of comments.

Seems all the press wants to protect VF.

Surely this site must have access to VF press and look into it?

These kind of sites are just not reliable enough. They look at social posts only without any added context, often direct posts and twitter etc.

You often cannot tell if this is an outage in their network, a problem at cabinet/node level in the Openreach network for FTTC, or CF areas for FTTP. Or even mobile.

Comparing this to VF India too has really no relevance. They don't share any network. They probably have lots of people saying similar things simply due to their size and the population of the country.

Based on the site you've provided, BT have more people reporting issues but there are just no "major" outages there.

If it was a major outage, you'd see far more people complain. The levels of which that site is reporting for either company, compared to the size of the customer base is minuscule but to really add a factor, you've got people complaining about non-connection related things such as email or even bad service in their stores - neither relevant to a connection.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules