Sponsored

Not a good start with Be!

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Hi,

1. Signed up with Be on 19th June
  2. Activated on 25th June
  3. 2 days of perfect broadband (running between 11-14mb)
  4. I try to use web at 7.30 last night (having been using it 20 mins earlier) to find no DSL light on my router
  5. Decide to pre-empt support, and swap filter & cable, removed extension cable etc - makes no difference
  6. Call Be support - apparent BT have removed Be's connection to my line

I have absolutely no idea why, but it leaves me twisting in the wind until they get it sorted. I thought going 1 week without bb was frustrating - but to have a working connection, then lose it for no good reason is worse :mad:

God knows how long it'll be before it's fixed.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I haven't heard of that happening much before, if there's a problem then it usually occurs before the connection goes active - odd; keep us posted akbray.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
The support guy said it could happen if the details of my BT account have been changed.

Since the only change was moving house (taking my old number and services with me) and I didn't join Be until after I had moved and the phone line was working anyway, I don't see why any account details would have changed.

So either something has been updated on my account late, or there is some other problem.

It is a bit weird, given that I had 2 days perfect connection and then it just vanished.

------------------

Decide to pre-empt support, and swap filter & cable, removed extension cable etc - makes no difference

I should have said - to be fair to Be's support, they didn't actually do the crib sheets thing where they robotically get you to replace every bit of equipment one at a time - I was just expecting them to.

LeeH

ISP Rep
Did you take the phone number with you?

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Yes - I've had the same number (and services) for 4 houses now, and this is the first issue like this I've had.

Each time I have called BT to notify them, and each time I have kept the same number and services (such as caller display & call minder) exactly the same.

LeeH

ISP Rep
Sounds like it could of been a delayed cease order in BT OR systems which has done it.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
sounds like a delay l had something similar with my MAC code where it took a week for BTs system to tell the ISP that there was one damn digit incorrect.. really annoying but there we go.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
The question is - how long will it take for my BB to be re-activated?

Another week? Do I have to pay another connection charge?

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
You should not be charged again for reconnection you migrated and hadn't requested a cease.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Didn't migrate - it was a new connection, but the logic still stands. Anyways - an update:

The story so far:
  1. I register with Be on Tuesday 18th June - am given an activation date of Moday 25th
  2. As promised - activated on 25th
  3. I do a speed test on 26th - getting 12meg
  4. Broadband disappears at about 7:30 on Wednesday 27th
  5. I call Be who rasie a fault with BT
  6. Having heard nothing back, I call Be this evening (Friday 29th)
  7. They tell me to call BT because there is a PSTN fault
  8. I call BT, who tell me they can't deal with me - they have to deal with my ISP
  9. I call Be again
  10. I call BT again at the request of Be - same story as before (as I expected)
  11. I call Be again, make it clear (politely) that I'm not happy - and basically am told that they are waiting for a response from BT
  12. I ask, slightly less politely, why I was told to call BT twice if Be are waiting for a response from them. Didn't really get a response

I'm now going to go and sit down and simmer down a bit :mad::mad::mad:

Then I'm going to compose a seriously snotty letter to their complaints dept.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Update:

I'm still being jerked about - I have just submitted this to their online ticketing system, just so that I have something in writing (everything has been on the phone so far:

I recently joined your service, and I am very unhappy at the service you have so far failed to deliver - this is what has happened so far:

As promised - activated on 25th June

Broadband disappears at about 7:30 on Wednesday 27th

I call Be who rasie a fault with BT

Having heard nothing back, I call Be Friday 29th. They tell me to call BT because there is a PSTN fault

I call BT, who tell me they can't deal with me - they have to deal with my ISP

Repeat the last 2 comments

I call Be again, make it clear that I'm not happy - and basically am told that they are waiting for a response from BT. I ask, why I was told to call BT twice if Be are waiting for a response from them. Didn't really get a response

I recieve a phone call from your support people, telling me that I have to pay another £24 for re-provisioning. I complain, saying that I have done nothing to break the previous connection, so I'm not paying the same charge twice. Am advised to call BT (again) to ask for an update on the PSTN fault

I call BT, who say the only registered fault is with the broadband, and that there are no other faults (since I have had no problems with anything other than broadband, I tend to believe them).

I call your support people again - this time they say my fault has been escalated - nothing abour reprovisioning.

I have made no changes to my BT contract, and have done nothing to affect my broadband connection. All I want is the service I am paying for.

Either I want a date on which my broadband will be re-connected AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (and I will not pay another connection charge) or I want to cancel my account and move to another ISP who can provide me with a service.

Regards

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Isnt it just depressing?

I do sympathise.

Just shows that whoever you go for, you can have problems and shoddy support.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Frustrating more than depressing. I can accept that problems happen, and that sometimes it is not clear where the fault lies, but what has really pee'd me off is

The regular 'please call BT' instructions from Be (when they should be doing it)

The fact that if I call twice in a matter of minutes I get 2 different answers from Be

Being told that I have to pay the connection charge again when I haven't done anything to break the first connection

----

Still, I have been pretty lucky with my ISPs so far - this is the first time I've had anything like this happen to me.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Got a call from my partner this morning, telling me that there was 2 BT vans parked outside.

Come home and my broadband is working again - with a speed test of:

Lets see if it stays up this time!

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
....l wish l could hijack that connection :D

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
I have every security setting I can think of switched on!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • TalkTalk £21.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Vodafone £23.50 (*26.50)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • Community Fibre £27.50 (*32.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: First 6 Months Free
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3674)
  2. BT (3045)
  3. Politics (1976)
  4. Building Digital UK (1945)
  5. FTTC (1897)
  6. Openreach (1862)
  7. Business (1719)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1503)
  9. Statistics (1431)
  10. FTTH (1367)
  11. 4G (1296)
  12. Virgin Media (1198)
  13. Fibre Optic (1186)
  14. Wireless Internet (1176)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1168)
  16. Vodafone (860)
  17. EE (846)
  18. 5G (794)
  19. TalkTalk (781)
  20. Sky Broadband (757)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules