Sponsored Links

Not able to use my router?

Nhonho

Casual Member
Hi there,

I am new here as I just got CFL installed today!

I would love some help from the experts here in the forum.

(1) Unfortunately, I can't make it to work with my Eero routers or directly to my laptop. It is just working using their Linksys router.
Any suggestions/recommendations?
I did all reboots when trying to connect on different devices.

(2) Does the Fiber Modem Adtran have an admin IP? I did not manage to find the IP - just their router one.

I tried to contact support, but after waiting 25 minutes I got:
Unfortunately we don't troubleshoot 3rd party devices, from my end I can see your adtran modem is fine
as answer! :rolleyes:

Thank you!

ISPs generally won't provide support for third-party routers, but Community Fibre do allow you to connect them to the ADTRAN ONT. Sadly, I haven't used either of those devices, so I'm not sure what settings to suggest, but this may help:

In the past CF have had to clear sticky MAC addresses and a call to support required. If it doesn't work with your laptop connected either tell them it’s not a local layer 8 issue.

The Adtran ONT is a dumb device converting optical to ethernet and authenticating your connection, as long as your WAN router interface is configured for IPv4 DHCP it should work.

Alternatively, clone the WAN MAC address of the Linksys and it should work too.

Sponsored Links
UPDATE
Called them and I spoke with a lovely lady from CFL and I showed (via video) how is my setup. She did MAC cleanup/refresh and worked after.

Now it looks like my broadband monitoring is working too:
My Broadband Ping

What package are you on as anything 1Gbps and below is subject to CGNAT?

Theres a lot of high latency on your graph, hopefully it settles down, here’s mine.

1700849868242.png

Sponsored Links
Yeah I agree with @stackdell your chart doesn't look good and unless your in the 3Gb package you are on CGNAT which means you don't have a public IPv4 IP address.

Here is my monitor:

6329ab90b4ca0a0c73cfb4ee73153c4244082cc3.png

Yeah I agree with @stackdell your chart doesn't look good and unless your in the 3Gb package you are on CGNAT which means you don't have a public IPv4 IP address.

Here is my monitor:

6329ab90b4ca0a0c73cfb4ee73153c4244082cc3.png
Might be stupid as I dont use it.. But is it possible to use the “thinkbroadbad pinger” without a 3gb (ipv4) or a ipv6(on a lower package)? Ive never used the service.

Sponsored Links
Might be stupid as I dont use it.. But is it possible to use the “thinkbroadbad pinger” without a 3gb (ipv4) or a ipv6(on a lower package)? Ive never used the service.
Yes thinkbroadband does work with IPv6 addresses. Just enter it into the monitor settings.

“You may provide a hostname, IPv4 or IPv6 address to monitor. If you have a firewall please ensure you allow pings (ICMP echo request/response), you can find out how to do this using our setup guides.”

Yes thinkbroadband does work with IPv6 addresses. Just enter it into the monitor settings.

“You may provide a hostname, IPv4 or IPv6 address to monitor. If you have a firewall please ensure you allow pings (ICMP echo request/response), you can find out how to do this using our setup guides.”
Affirmative, it also states on the FAQ

Screenshot_20231126_132750.png

@stackdell I changed to IPv4 and now the chart looks real.

I am in a fresh new 1G plan, I can see that I do have IPv6 too that was configured.

Any recommendation to test?

I do use speed test from https://speed.cloudflare.com where I can see latency around 6ms

Chart is better and you can see the difference from when I changed (last night 8PM ish)
My Broadband Ping
Do you have a public IPv4 with your 1Gb plan? Check your public IP on Google (Google "what's my IP). If is it on the 10.x.x.x range it's not public, it's private which means the broadband monitor can't get to your connection, it only gets to the CGNAT server.

Check your public IP on Google (Google "what's my IP). If is it on the 10.x.x.x range it's not public
This advice.. I don't even.
Google will never see a 10. IP range.
(Also CGNAT is 100. and that is for the "internal" side of the NAT which, again, Google wouldn't see).

Sponsored Links
This advice.. I don't even.
Google will never see a 10. IP range.
(Also CGNAT is 100. and that is for the "internal" side of the NAT which, again, Google wouldn't see).
Yeah sorry that is correct, Google can't show you a private address, momentary brain freeze.
Now compare the 149.x address you got from Google to the one your Router is showing. If they are different you are under CGNAT which means you can't use IPv4 broadband monitor...

Folks, what is the IP address of the ADTRAN?

Does anyone succeed in accessing it? or via telnet or something else? At least consumed the SNMP events?

Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • UtilityWarehouse £19.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • NOW £23.00
    Speed 63Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00
    Speed 73 - 82Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £24.99
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Zzoomm £19.95
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • YouFibre £19.99
  • Community Fibre £20.00
  • BeFibre £21.00
    Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Sponsored Links
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5385)
  2. BT (3490)
  3. Politics (2494)
  4. Openreach (2275)
  5. Business (2221)
  6. Building Digital UK (2215)
  7. FTTC (2038)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1940)
  9. Statistics (1763)
  10. 4G (1639)
  11. Virgin Media (1589)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1438)
  13. FTTH (1379)
  14. Wireless Internet (1378)
  15. Fibre Optic (1375)
  16. 5G (1215)
  17. Vodafone (1126)
  18. EE (1111)
  19. TalkTalk (927)
  20. O2 (914)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules