Sponsored Links

Not AT ALL happy !

I was due to be 'migrated' from Nildram this Friday gone. Got home, eventually got to want to use the PC only to eventually find that, I can no longer connect through Nildram and I can't connect through Vispa either. Grabbed the phone but by then... Bugger, it's after 18:00... phones not manned.
Quick email using the mobile phone to support, thinking;
well, someone from 'sales' replied to an email at 20:00 when I was signing-up, so I'm sure this will get some attention.
Did it ? Did it f**k !
This was followed yesterday by other emails to sales and eventually complaints but no replies either. It looks to me very much like once you've signed up, your on your own and you should certainly not expect them to interrupt their week-end to help you out.
As explained in a mail, I could have lived with just dial-up access until this was sorted but zilch, complete silence ! Luckily I have now found the details of my Nildram dial-up access and that still works.
To be honest, my experience being what it is right now, I can't help wondering if the reviews here are all genuine !

If I was to write a review, so far it would be;
Services: 0 (So far I have supplied them with my bank details and all I got in return is being ADSL...less)
Support: 0 (except for the automated reply, nothing from them)
Speed: 0
Value: ? (They were trying to charge me more than advertised to start with and I haven't yet been able to check my statements online, so, don't know yet !)

It is a problem, having no "out of hours" phone support, but email is usually answered within an hour or two; I suggest you try "support@vispa.net" rather than sales or complaints.
PM me if you want me to send them a tech/fault query.

Thanks for your offer of help Captain !
Unfortunately, all I got from support was the automated answer with the 'ticket' number and that's it. The thinking, emailing 'sales' was that, as someone answered a query at 8pm on a week day, they might be checking mails on Saturdays and get support to pull their finger out... obviously not the case !
It's a bit sad though that the only offer of help should be coming from a public forum. Thanks again for it but I doubt they would do anything before tomorrow anyway. Hopefully, I should be available to call them during 'opening hours' tomorrow so I'll take it from there.
Now, the package I had chosen suited me compared to the other offers but from the experience I have had so far, I am finding it even difficult to stay civil when thinking 'Vispa'... As you seem to have been with them for some time(at least judging on this forum !), in your opinion, is it worth avoiding explitives when I get hold of someone and sticking with them or would I be better off looking somewhere else ?
TIA

Sponsored Links
The only operational problems I have had with Vispa are regarding the bandwidth meters and the pop3 servers. Both only work when they feel like it sometimes!!!

I am sure that if you had emailed the addy I posted, Kevin or James would have replied; I do not know what hours the sales staff work, but I do know there is someone available in tech support; at least during office hours, on a Saturday and Sunday; cos I have contacted them myself.
Overall I am happy with Vispa and am not thinking about moving; although I do wish they would offer higher bandwidth allowances for Peak periods; I like to listen to radio streams, but daren't most of the time!!

Was just in the process of editing my 2nd post when your reply came through ! It was just to clarify that, yes, I had emailed 'support' to start with, but having got nothing except for the automated reply with a 'ticket' number, that's when I tried to get in touch with sales the following morning day.

Wouldn't pop3 issues only be a concern if you are using the xxx@xxx.vispa.com or is it .co.uk ?

I use several different email systems, but I do use the Vispa system for my "personal" stuff.

I am surprised you did not get a reply from support; maybe they are busy with the current pop3 problem (server up and down like a wholes knickers all week).

You can review Vispa here, it should log you in automatically if you come from this forum (just click the 'write a review' link above the first review):

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/products/264.html

I suspect that any problems will be more Tiscali's (Nildram) fault than Vispa's but if you continue to have problems then I can drop the ISPs Managing Director a quick email on your behalf. Let us know how it goes today.

Sponsored Links
Although I was seriously frustrated and quite inconvenienced by having lost my access since Friday, I don't think a review based on that one experience would be representative of the overall picture. I was contacted this morning and it turns out that the problem was BT related and I am pleased to say that I am now up and running.
However, as mentioned to Vispa, a simple timely mail from support explaining what was going on would have, if nothing else, shown that the issue was not being ignored and saved a lot of frustration. Well over 2 days to answer an 'unable to connect' report... way, way, way too long !
Anyway, thanks guys for your offers of help...

ISPREVIEW support : Thumbs up
VISPA support : thumbs down (SO FAR !)

Welcome is Vista, sorry support let you down; personally I would say that they have always gone out of their way to help me, even staying late to resolve a problem.

Guess what, THAT problem turned out to be a BT fault!!!!

Do drop a review in after you've tried the service for a little while and tell us how things are going :) . I agree that serious connection problems are something that demand far more effective customer support interaction than most ISPs seem able to provide.

Vispa on the slippy slopes ?

Have been with Vispa for 3 years and they used to be good. Recently I have suffered from vary variable speeds and vanishing web pages. Their lack of evenings and weekend cover as well as taking ages to answer calls. It would seem somthing is wrong in their business and I have asked for a MAC so I can go elsewhere.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules