Sponsored

O2 5G down?

hle13

Pro Member
Not sure who else happens to use O2 here but anyone having issues with the 5G service of O2 recently as in been unable to access it?

O2 have told me there's no issues and it's likely to be mast congestion but if that was the case, then surely I wouldn't have been able to get 5G on their network for the past 3 months without any issue?

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member
Not sure who else happens to use O2 here but anyone having issues with the 5G service of O2 recently as in been unable to access it?

O2 have told me there's no issues and it's likely to be mast congestion but if that was the case, then surely I wouldn't have been able to get 5G on their network for the past 3 months without any issue?
If you download the My Network app and report it there you’ll probably notice the status update.

mozzauk

Casual Member
No issues at all with o2 5G been using it in the Office today, you can check on https://status.o2.co.uk for service issues...

hle13

Pro Member
Interesting, I don't know why my phone refuses to pick up 5G then as I'm using a esim contract on the O2 network and O2 have basically told me to use wi-fi in one area which is really helpful mind you they have said they're working on the issue too.

I've had a reply back from my provider who have said they have logged it with O2 as they have said I certainly should be getting 5G as I've been getting it for the past 3 or 4 months as they are the only provider to offer it in the two main post codes which I reside or work at.

My settings say 5G preferred, I've noticed sometimes the 5G signal is lost but comes back when I reboot signal using airplane mode.

I do hope O2 fixes the issue as I would like to test the 5G network of O2 in two weeks around the country.

But seeing as as they have yet to resolve the error 96 that prevents me from sending SMS messages, I don't hold much hope.

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member
Interesting, I don't know why my phone refuses to pick up 5G then as I'm using a esim contract on the O2 network and O2 have basically told me to use wi-fi in one area which is really helpful mind you they have said they're working on the issue too.

I've had a reply back from my provider who have said they have logged it with O2 as they have said I certainly should be getting 5G as I've been getting it for the past 3 or 4 months as they are the only provider to offer it in the two main post codes which I reside or work at.

My settings say 5G preferred, I've noticed sometimes the 5G signal is lost but comes back when I reboot signal using airplane mode.

I do hope O2 fixes the issue as I would like to test the 5G network of O2 in two weeks around the country.

But seeing as as they have yet to resolve the error 96 that prevents me from sending SMS messages, I don't hold much hope.
So are you an O2 customer or other? Such as giffgaff?

Also, travelling around you should get 5G elsewhere from another mast, just may not be working in your location, it’s not all linked.

My “5G” works fine, they have 5G airing here but the speed has never been 5G which is annoying. Same speed on 5 as it is on 4.

hle13

Pro Member
So are you an O2 customer or other? Such as giffgaff?

Also, travelling around you should get 5G elsewhere from another mast, just may not be working in your location, it’s not all linked.

My “5G” works fine, they have 5G airing here but the speed has never been 5G which is annoying. Same speed on 5 as it is on 4.
O2 Pay Monthly customer via eSim.net and can't get 5G anywhere now :(

Axj

It's down for me here in Nottingham. I bought my esim from esim.net

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220506-154250_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220506-154250_Chrome.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 43

hle13

Pro Member
It's down for me here in Nottingham. I bought my esim from esim.net
I've been using O2 5G since 15th Feb so it's not recently that I've been using the network, like you I use that same company and up to now it's been fine

eSIM.net are investigating the issue as they have told me that I should be getting a 5G signal and they have raised it with O2.

Hopefully O2 will manage to work out what the issue is as it's strange that I cannot get 5G on a 5G enabled device.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £24.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4207)
  2. BT (3181)
  3. Politics (2149)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1996)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1866)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1630)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1398)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1301)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1251)
  14. Fibre Optic (1246)
  15. Wireless Internet (1244)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (923)
  18. EE (920)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules