Sponsored Links

O2 first bill overcharge

Hi, not sure if its relevant here but trying to get an advice. I have O2 monthly payment contract on mobile phone. I got my first bill and was charged minutes outside of my allowance which doubled my bill. This was despite the fact that I used only about 10% of my allowance. O2 said that it is because when I started it was two days before start of the new period and so the allowance for those 2 days for set proportionately. I did not find anything like that in their policies - in fact, what I found was that the first bill would be higher as it would cover the full period + the days prior that (depending on the start of the contract): so if monthly tariff is £20, in my case I would expect bill of: £20 + 20/30(or 31)*2 - which would be fine with me. But I cant accept that they exploit customers by giving limited allowance based on amount of the days and overcharge me if during those 2 days I used more than 'arithmetically' predicted by them. I decided to cancel the contract and obviously refuse to pay the extra minutes usage. I was wondering if anyone can advice me if I have a fighting chance with these bunch of thieves from O2. Any reasonable reply will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Print out that policy before they change it and take it to court with you when summoned.

I have a similar understanding from my old contract, but no longer have a copy lying around as I switched to GiffGaff several years ago.

I don't see any reason for this to go to court, but I'd probably be inclined to pay what was asked and then take O2 through the ADR complaints handler process to seek a refund (this can only be used after 8 weeks if the operator has failed to reach a resolution with their customer). Telefonica UK's ADR handler is Ombudsman Services:

http://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html

I'd start an official complaint with O2 first though.

Sponsored Links
the fee seems disproportionate. as mark j says it would be worth lodging a complaint and getting the fee or part of the fee back.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules