Sponsored Links

O2 wants their 2 years old BE box back

KDS

ULTIMATE Member
It's been more than 2 years used it for a year and then thrown it away. Now I use my own router. O2 wants it back now or they want £20 for it (as I'm cancelling) . any way to work around it ?

You might have to speak with them about it. Legally, it was their router and if you've thrown away their property, you may have to pay.

It was likely stated that the equipment was on loan to you for the duration of your contract and that when this comes to an end, it must be returned. I've seen other posts on various forums of others getting second hand ones off ebay and sending those back but as if that works, I cannot say as the serial won't match your account.

Matt

Sponsored Links
The actual terms are..

WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES BE
PROVIDE?

Be will provide you with a welcome pack, including a Be Box modem, adaptor, cables and filter(s) and a CD and booklet (the 'Equipment'). Be agrees to lease the Equipment to you for as long as you continue to receive the Services under these Terms. The Equipment remains the property of Be and you will need to take good care of the Equipment while it is leased to you.

Upon termination of your contract, the Equipment must be returned to: Returns Centre, Freepost RLZT-YYRG-LYCB, Zone A, Normanton, WF6 1TF. Any Equipment not returned to us will be subject to a fee of £35 (we'll assume you like it so much that you want to keep it, and we naturally need to be reimbursed for its replacement cost). The charge will be made to your Direct Debit bank account, or card. Please note that if you choose to keep any Equipment after we stop providing Services, it is supplied to you 'as is', without warranty and we are not able to support it online or through our member support hotlines.

If your Be Box modem is faulty, Be will repair or replace it, providing the fault is not caused by abuse or negligence while in your care. Replacement items of Equipment are available on payment of the applicable replacement items fee(s) details of which can be found on our home product page (click here for details). You will need to return any faulty or replaced items of Equipment to Be Un Limited at the address shown in the paragraph above. Do bear in mind that while leasing the Be Box, you are only permitted to use it for your own personal use to connect to the Be network, or a network approved by Be.
Rather cleverly they've put this: "for as long as you continue to receive the Services under these Terms", instead of until the end of the contract specifically. Doesn't leave much wriggle room.

He may have wriggle room if the fee for non return of equipment has changed since they became a member. The service he is getting would not technically speaking be under the current terms, as they would had signed up with differing terms (IE the router being a different price if not returned).

Regardless its probably best to just pay up, have a clean slate and be rid of them.

I didn't know I have to send this back. I thought it's yours as you sign up for 12 months contract. any way I will pay this. ebay might be cheaper will see

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5511)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules