Sponsored

"Obvious reasons"

Beaker

Casual Member
Can anybody shed any light on a rather weird response I received from ezeedsl customer support. On asking if I could change my payment method from paypal to direct debit their response was "not at this time for obvious reasons". I may have missed something but has anyone any idea what these obvious reasons are as they are not obvious to me. Thanks.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Thats one of the more random answers Ive seen!

Id say that if a customer of their doesnt know, theres very little chance of anyone else knowing.

Certainly doesnt make sense to me.:shrug:

Perhaps you could stop paying via paypal, and when they ask why, you say 'Isnt it obvious?'

ANdyoz

Top Member
The reason is because they don't know their arse from their elbow.

They managed to cock up any requests I made to change payment methods and then tried to blame me.

You'd be better of talking to your cat or dog about it as the outcome will be the same.

jockdownsouth

Pro Member
I changed to direct debit right from the start (for obvious reasons after being with Biscit!) and they did it straight away. My Worldpay was cancelled immediately as well, so I was actually quite impressed. Have you gone back and asked them what they mean, and repeated your request? I don't think they can reasonably refuse.

Beaker

Casual Member
After two days they responded that the obvious reason is that they "have trouble with direct debits". I am therefore no wiser.

urbanite

Can anybody shed any light on a rather weird response I received from ezeedsl customer support. On asking if I could change my payment method from paypal to direct debit their response was "not at this time for obvious reasons". I may have missed something but has anyone any idea what these obvious reasons are as they are not obvious to me. Thanks.
The 'obvious' reason is that Paypal is pulling out of UK banking and therefore will not be obliged to protect you the customer from shady operators like Sleezy.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2192)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1604)
  5. Politics (1423)
  6. Openreach (1416)
  7. Business (1236)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1035)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (896)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (516)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules