Sponsored Links

Odd Problem - H112-372 - Smart TV

Balb0wa

Pro Member
Just happened recently with this router,bought from router switch,import, cant connect to the TV through wireless or lan cable,ive tried resetting the router, the tv.

Tried it at the girlfriends, so different mast, and 5G , still the same.

EE Sim, Three sim same, tried different TV'S , pcs and mobile fine though.

Put the sim in my B818 and its fine through lan etc,so its the H112

Tried different dns on the router, apn,s , any ideas?

Really am stumped.

Last edited:
What exactly is the problem? Sorry, didn't get it..

Sponsored Links
would love to try changing the firmware on the router, but cant find any files anywhere, the auto update doesnt find any either.

Try to reset to factory and reset the tv, too

Sponsored Links
Check DHCP parameters on the router and make sure that the TV hasn’t got a fixed IP address outside those parameters.

This is what shows up on the router

2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222.jpg

Looks like it is connecting. hmmm, Which APN are you using three.co.uk (CGNAT) or 3internet (No-CGNAT)?

Can you manually set DNS server on the TV?

Also the tv most probably being android (as I've had this issue before), try not allowing it to use the router for DHCP and put its IP in manually. That may work.

Sponsored Links
So that's all fine as far as IP addresses are concerned.
I think your problem is going to be on the TV rather than anything else - so forget SIMs, APNs etc.
Look at the Gateway, DNS and DHCP setttings on the TV and see what values it is using.

This is the same with the 3 sim and the EE sim, so not sim related, ive tried both sims in my B618 and the tv works fine through lan etc.

Its the H112-372 thats the problem,its the same on my samsung tv and 3 different panasonic tv's, tried different dns

Odd thing is it was working fine a few weeks ago, factory reset the router as well.

Then you have to conclude that the router is faulty. Return under warranty, I hope!

I (think) you're using opendns on your LAN - 206.67.222.222 - perhaps they've changed their policies and now block something that the TV's use to connect through. It's worth trying to go back to the default (Three's DNS) or trying a different DNS provider. At the least it'll eliminate your DNS provider being an issue

Edit, I just saw that you say you've tried different DNS - where, in the router or in the TV IP settings?

I (think) you're using opendns on your LAN - 206.67.222.222 - perhaps they've changed their policies and now block something that the TV's use to connect through. It's worth trying to go back to the default (Three's DNS) or trying a different DNS provider. At the least it'll eliminate your DNS provider being an issue

Edit, I just saw that you say you've tried different DNS - where, in the router or in the TV IP settings?
Tried them in the router and tv, was using google dns before, like i say, everything fine on my other router B818.

Sure is an odd one.

Sponsored Links
Tried tethering your TV to a phone to eliminate the network being the issue? Though it'd be unusual to have the same issue with multiple providers...

Oh, hold on. Are you using the same ethernet port (the LAN/WAN one) for all the TV connection testing? Is the router ethernet settings set to 'LAN only' or auto? The routers sometimes get the connection type wrong with Auto, thinking it's a WAN connected. Forcing 'LAN only' ensures the router does the right thing every time.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules