Sponsored Links

Oh dear.. This is not good, not good at all

Looks as if they use the PPP protocol ;)
Pretty P*ss Poor.
Glad to say I'm not with "Screwed-every-day-so-not-really-Virgin Mediocre", so I'm afraid I can't comment on what it's like here.

Afterthought (on a more serious note)...

Have you confirmed that they have actually upgraded it? They're not exactly known for getting things right first time, and at a busy time of day I wouldn't be very surprised to see those sort of results on a 50 meg line, especially if you're in a bit of a congested area.

Sponsored Links
Very true - not being a customer (or a potential one) I'd forgotten that their upload speeds are so restricted.
End of that idea, then - apologies for red herring.

The first port of call is to complain and ask them to fix it.

Also you don't say if the original 50Mbps service ran at the same download speed or if it was closer to 50Mbps?

It may just be a configuration error, which can occur, or they might be suffering from a lack of local capacity. Virgin are known for over oversubscribing some areas, which can result in customers paying for speeds that they're not actually able to achieve.

Sorry I just saw these replies.

Yes it was upgraded to 200. Right config etc. Same superhub and yes before my 50 service did (as it does again now) run at 50-55 all the time.

It died about 4PM and stayed like that till around 2 but I did get 199 down in the early hours (1:50am - which proves it's not my/their equipment) but that was it. even this morning at 11am it was under 100.

Apparently my area is really bad - told this when I downgraded. Was not told this when I upgraded.

Have ordered a new phone line and arranged to move my FTTC over with Zen. Wanted to go back to AAISP but this " new packages" seems to be pixie dust.

Had another VM install going on this week to give me another 200mbps for the upstairs part of the house. Needless to say it's been cancelled.

Shame but nothing I can do about it.

Sponsored Links
And here's another question,

WHy can;t you handle single thread? Why does FTP on TBB show as under 11mbps?

WHY can't I get more than 1.1MB/sec using FTP but on other connections (up to 330 in the case of FTTP) they max out?

200 is great all day long if you are going to download big files. But those of us wanting to FTP are stuffed.

never mind,

I was about to work with you to try and solve it but when I was told my price rise was not a price rise it was where my "invisble discount" had been removed. I just thought stuff you and cancelled the lot.

Bunch of clowns

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules