Sponsored

Old acounts new scores.

Weatherlawyer

ULTIMATE Member
I was just recently sent a 90 quid demand from Talk Talk forcing me to look at my bank statements for the first time.

I have to admit that the service I recieved from them was surprisingly good after the hopeless problems I had been having with AOL.

Now it seems that Talk talk have been harvesting my aol account despite promissing to handle all the paperwork in the process of moving me. OK they are pretty good on the paperwork side. I just pretended to myself this also included the IT bits and bobs.

But why have they been helping themselves to 9quid a month from AOL?
It should have been nearer 20 quid. It was eother 18.99 or 19.99 per month.

Or has this been going on sinc I was on dial up?

I just wrote to them at aol.broadband.co.uk:

myaolbroadband.co.uk > help > email > customer service > other customer service questions > describe your question > moving me to talk talk and the conditions therein.

I wasn't asked the question; just to outline the subject. Furthermore I had to read that part of the website to be told that the once free helpline is now an expensive one.

Lo; on the bottom of the letter they sent me in July 2008 (in small print) is the warning. I'd have thought the warning (on a letter containing the new CD software for AOL would be a main paragraph with it's own headline.)

I have just looked at the CD again. Explorer found the only programme on it is Setup. Clicking properties showed me it was written in March 2008. (Every other disc they sent me had stuff from 2003, 4 or 5 on it.)

Presumably in the nasty service I was getting from them last year and the year before, I must have missed the vital explanation and invitation to go with the erzats new company.

Anyone know the score on that. AOL was crippled for me whilst I was with them after they were taken over by titty. By the time I got the disc I was migrating.

Weatherlawyer

ULTIMATE Member
What I want to ask them is to send me all contacts, electronic and hardcopy, that I have had with them. Including taped conversations and Phorm stuff too.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
It is legally possible to request all the personal details that an ISP holds on you, although there may be an admin cost (usually around £25). Taped conversations could be a bit difficult though. Don't forget to raise the case with CISAS (AOL) or OTELO (TalkTalk) and I'd even bring in the ISPA to add some extra pressure.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2529)
  2. FTTP (2251)
  3. FTTC (1673)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1443)
  6. Openreach (1429)
  7. Business (1257)
  8. Statistics (1109)
  9. FTTH (1103)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1056)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (918)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (870)
  16. EE (602)
  17. Sky Broadband (599)
  18. TalkTalk (584)
  19. Vodafone (532)
  20. 3G (417)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules