Sponsored Links

On Three but looking to switch next year

handsomeinked

Casual Member
So, I've been with Three since 2011, I've never had too many issues with it beyond crappy speeds in some areas (mostly more rural). However, in the last couple of years their network seems to have ground to a halt. So, I am wondering what folks experience of other networks is. I have a friend on Vodafone however they say they have been charged for iMessage messages containing media (not sure if they just didn't notice it had been sent as a media message). So, before I make a mistake by moving to a network that's going to drive me even more crazy or I'll get caught out by something like that. I would love folks honest opinions on the alternatives out there as it's all well and good going through all the comparison sites but you folks I know will give me the brutal truth about all the major networks (I'd consider an MVNO so long as the network carrying them is up to par). So have at it, is Vodafone any good? Is EE worth the money (it was back when it was Orange but since BT bought it...?), what's O2 like nowadays (I haven't been on O2 since it was Cellnet and it was pretty bloody awful back then, I've also realised I've just given away my age hahaha.) Please give me your brutal honest truth about what the state of the networks are like...

Frankly, the answer to this is going to vary from person to person and place to place. If you want to know how different networks perform, then it's better to ask those who live in roughly the same area as you do.

Coverage checkers are always your best friend. You can use the ofcom checker as it collates coverage data from all the UK networks. Using the 30 day cancel anytime MVNO's to test coverage would be a good shout too.

If you want to see how good vodafone is, take VOXI for a spin. If you want to try out 02 try out Giffgaff. You can try out Plusnet mobile for EE but you won't get 4g LTE or Wi-Fi calling.

Sponsored Links
Coverage checkers are always your best friend. You can use the ofcom checker as it collates coverage data from all the UK networks. Using the 30 day cancel anytime MVNO's to test coverage would be a good shout too.

If you want to see how good vodafone is, take VOXI for a spin. If you want to try out 02 try out Giffgaff. You can try out Plusnet mobile for EE but you won't get 4g LTE or Wi-Fi calling.
Frankly, the answer to this is going to vary from person to person and place to place. If you want to know how different networks perform, then it's better to ask those who live in roughly the same area as you do.
I was really just looking for personal experience of the network, I've asked people locally what the performance is like but it goes beyond that, value for money and customer service also spring to mind and, as it's a mobile I'm not always at home when I'm using it so ideas of performance elsewhere in the UK is also helpful :)

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: Ā£25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules