Sponsored Links

Ongoing tenders

FTTHman

Hi Guys,

The UK FTTH market seems to be waking up, with several ISP or altnets pushing for increasing FTTH penetration. Given that many ISP are about to start their roll-out it would be fun to map all the ongoing tenders.

What I believe is live tenders
Hyperoptic
: Unclear. The usual prospects are likely to be involved (Emtelle, Hexatronic and HellermanTyton). Please correct me if I'm wrong. We believe a tender process to be likely to be finished by the of 2019 as Hyperoptic has communicated to start the major roll-out in beginning of 2020. Please fill in with any further information if so got any answer or thoughts.

Gigaclear: Emtelle (could be more suppliers). Likely to have a tender process. Having some internal problems which needs to be fixed before

CommunityFibre: Hellerman, Eurocraft, Emtelle Hexatronic and Webro. A tender process could be ongoing.

Toob: Unclear. Recently announced 100k households should be connect. Flowmatic is the contractor hence Hexatronic could be plausible. I believe Flowmatic has worked with Hexatronic's products with CityFibre, WightFibre and Countybroadband). However, a larger tender process is likely to be more than 6 months away as it just got founded, albeit back by Amber Infrastructure.

Already finished tenders
CityFibre: Hexatronic approx 50% of the deal, the rest seems to be splitted between Emtelle and HellermanTyton.

Virgin Media: Emtelle, E3, Hexatronic and Kuehne+Nagel and others (tender process in the coming 6 months seems unlikely but correct me if I'm wrong)

Openreach

Please send pictures of FTTH installation of the different ISPs if possible

You seem to be talking about suppliers for the basic fibre optic cable/links/chambers side, rather than the networking kit. I'm not sure if many other people will really know the full answer to that question and it's not the hottest of topics for a consumer information site, where the network side is more important than where the optical fibre itself comes from.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules