Sponsored Links

ONT alternative for SFP fans

I've just looked at Alibaba and it seems everyone is now selling the Hisense LTF7267-BH+ (not the previously discussed LTF7267-BHA+).

I can't find any information on the difference, if any. Does anyone have experience with this new version?

I just bought mini gpon and waiting to delivery it's support changing:
GPON_SN
sw_custom_version0
sw_custom_version1
set HW_HWVER
GPON_ONU_MODEL
and it is a HGU device
and support vlans

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 38
This is very cool. Would this work on any router that has an SFP+ port that can be configured as WAN? For instance, an Asus AX89X?

In my case this wouldn't work because my router is in a different room than my ONT and uses an Ethernet cable in the wall for WAN, but it's great that this exists as an option.

Finally got around to installing one of these Hisense modules on a Community Fibre connection.

Some updates:
-works fine on 3Gbps service
-Amazon carry some 14mm square copper heatsinks from a company called Alphacool. Adding one to the flattest part of the module lowers the reported temperature by ~3 degrees.
-The SDX621X supplied by CF uses an Adtran optic (LTF7219). That is also a Hisense part number for an identical looking item, so there must be some duplication further up the supply chain.

Finally got around to installing one of these Hisense modules on a Community Fibre connection.

Some updates:
-Amazon carry some 14mm square copper heatsinks from a company called Alphacool. Adding one to the flattest part of the module lowers the reported temperature by ~3 degrees.
-The SDX621X supplied by CF uses an Adtran optic (LTF7219). That is also a Hisense part number for an identical looking item, so there must be some duplication further up the supply chain.
Was it just plug and play or did you have to program it at all ?

Some updates:
more info plz! :)

more info plz! :)
My experience mirrored that of earlier posters: set the manufacturer, SN and Adtran emulation mode via SSH.

I guessed right but it might not be obvious, the SN is taken from the SDX621x not the optic that plugs into it.

I need to do some further tests on latency. There are probably some CF routing changes elsewhere that I haven't noticed yet.

Another thing I'm going to do is see if the stick can be interrogated to reveal the current TX power of CF's OLT. Seems -22dBm is a common received power level.

As most of their OLTs are close (<1km in many cases) to end users, it would be possible to make an educated guess at the split ratio they're using.

Another thing I'm going to do is see if the stick can be interrogated to reveal the current TX power of CF's OLT. Seems -22dBm is a common received power level.

As most of their OLTs are close (<1km in many cases) to end users, it would be possible to make an educated guess at the split ratio they're using.
Unfortunately the OLT doesn't communicate this to the ONU.

Glad to hear you got it working so smoothly - patience is a virtue and clearly waiting for the HiSense is a good move.

Do not purchase whatever pap FS are selling: it sucks.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the answer to your question is 1:128 by the way, 2 x 1:64 combined to 1:128 and split if needed due to take up and bandwidth use.

Isn't that a pretty aggressive split ratio, so 128 people share a 10 Gbps link with most probably on 1 Gbps plans.

Isn't that a pretty aggressive split ratio, so 128 people share a 10 Gbps link with most probably on 1 Gbps plans.
Not really, it's more than adequate. Most folks might be on 1 Gbps plans but are very seldom using all 1 Gbit/s. At 120 MB/s even the largest file downloads are done pretty rapidly and there are relatively few people downloading content they'll never consume.

Average usage among UK users as a whole is maybe 5 Mbit/s, average usage among altnet users, being as we are all on FTTP, between 5 and 10 Mbit/s.

I share 8.5 Gbit/s with 40 other people that are mostly on a gigabit and get 8 Gbit/s more often than not on my You8000.

FYI, all, I'm going to see if I can get 3 of these from a supplier. 1 for me, 2 for any of you that may want one. Cost: the item + 1/3rd of the shipping and customs charges. If that goes smoothly I am happy to source more after the initial 3 if the demand is there and they aren't pricing them extortionately.

I would love to be shot of the RJ-45 port I'm having to use and I'm sure I'm not alone. I already have the heatsinks ready to go.

Thanks!

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the answer to your question is 1:128 by the way, 2 x 1:64 combined to 1:128 and split if needed due to take up and bandwidth use.
In my area they have blown 12f units to each pole - some have two AFNs and some have one depending on properties served.

The AFN variant used by CF has 24x LC APC connectors. From the number of splices their contractor seemed to be making, I believe they use 1:4 splitters at the AFN.

As XGS says average peak time domestic use is less than 10Mbit so they have plenty of room to grow.

If all 128 potential users are signed up and paying (never going to happen), that port is bringing in over £2.5k a month even after VAT is deducted. That pays for more ports when needed!

Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • UtilityWarehouse £19.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • NOW £23.00
    Speed 63Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00
    Speed 73 - 82Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £24.99
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Zzoomm £19.95
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • YouFibre £19.99
  • Community Fibre £20.00
  • BeFibre £21.00
    Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Sponsored Links
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5385)
  2. BT (3490)
  3. Politics (2494)
  4. Openreach (2275)
  5. Business (2221)
  6. Building Digital UK (2215)
  7. FTTC (2038)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1940)
  9. Statistics (1763)
  10. 4G (1639)
  11. Virgin Media (1589)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1438)
  13. FTTH (1379)
  14. Wireless Internet (1378)
  15. Fibre Optic (1375)
  16. 5G (1215)
  17. Vodafone (1126)
  18. EE (1111)
  19. TalkTalk (927)
  20. O2 (914)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules