Sponsored Links

Openreach are very slow in Rollout of FTTP

zakir1988

ULTIMATE Member
While openreach provide Broadband to all properties in the UK whether its FTTC (which they like to call it Gfast), ADSL and FTTP.

Broadband companies that use Openreach infrastructure will loose customers in future cause roll out of FTTP is very slow in certain parts of the country. Most focus for openreach is non urban areas in my opinion. Other broadband companies especially are making gains like Hyperoptic, Community Fibre etc...

I can see what other Broadband companies that have there own infultrscture are doing they are building where Openreach is non existence with there FTTP.

Openreach really love FTTC in London only small ammount is FTTP enabled they dont have the means to roll out FTTP how comes other Broadband companies such as Hyperoptic have the means do it.

I have received email back from my local counciler which my counciler enquired which I asked to find out as I was getting no where with Clarion Housing my self.

As soon as Community Fibre came my uncles building he ditched BT and my cousin brother who use to be with Sky Broadband.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210623_192054.jpg
    Screenshot_20210623_192054.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 357
Evening @zakir1988 ,

Openreach used FTTC rollouts in the initial phases of the 'Superfast' rollout to enable a quick uplift in speeds and also to pave the way for faster networks.

FTTP however has since replaced this for various reasons, one of them being tied to the issues that arose with FTTC (such as the issues you face with line capacity in DSLAM/Cabs....

Despite feeling like your left out on your own without superfast fixed line access DON'T.... my mothers address is actually still awaiting a decision from Openreach on whether or not anything over 1.5mbps can be provided across the whole estate (of thousands) that she lives on.

Rolling out FTTC was pretty much the only way to move forward fast with broadband across the UK and also most of the world once you look (most the world still operates on FTTC or Cable for 24+mbps services)

Other FTTP operators such as Hyperoptic don't exactly have the means to rollout FTTP like BT does, actually most of them have got knowhere near Openreachs level of rollout, and those who have a roadmap to doing so (City Fibre) have only really been able to accomplish that with support from ISP's and Investors,

Network operators like Hyperoptic are also somewhat lazy in comparison to Openreach with their FTTP (or Basement even) as they generally only run a single fibre to a Building (MDU) and split it via Ethernet to flats/units/apts.

Your area is a fairly hard one to giver a commercial viabiltiy score to aswell as there is also Virgin Media in the area covering 'most' addresses but for some reason your building isn't wired up (which is likely a permit/owner/manger restriction as Virgin would do well with a full OR DSLAM.

Currently Openreach are doing pretty well to get coverage expanded, with most FTTP not taking long to go live once planned/annouced, however small areas can take longer due to things like a network rebuild being required, and assuming your phones lines are served by underground ducts and possible directly buried cabling its very unlikely to be anytime soon that these areas get FTTP treatment from Openreach and likely will see alternates moving in.
I understand what your saying i know hyperoptic and others are no way near Openreach level of rolling out FTTP but I see Hyperoptic and Community Fibre coming to my building.

Openreach are slow in London areas especially in my areas no Openreach FTTP.

Most people will go with the cheapest service Which at the moment in London is Community Fibre and second Hyperoptic.
My cousin brother who recently joined community fibre was with Sky broadband his building for broadband was bad only ADSL now his happy with the 150mbps speeds.

We know Openreach are the biggest provider in the UK these things take time cause of the complicated works needing to be done like you have said but I have just lost faith with Openreach just waiting for alternatives. My money will be always be with Community Fibre which is more London focused or with Hyperoptic.

When Openreach do roll out FTTP in the area by that time I mostly likely be with Community Fibre or Hyperoptic like other people might have. In reality people wont use Openreach infrastructure unless they find Broadband companies thats uses Openreach infrastructure to provide broadband at a cheaper rate then there current.

When my cousin Brother and uncle got the letter through the post from Community Fibre saying they got the permission from Tower Hamlets Council it took Community fibre two to four weeks to finish the works by the sixth week or so they where able to order FTTP Fibre. Community Fibre are fast at rolling out FTTP. My uncle just also got Hyperoptic installed in his building but not actived yet took Hyperoptic around two months to roll it out.

Hyperoptic have applied for few building permissions in the area looks look like they going same path as Community Fibre doing each estates at one go connecting few buildings at once saves them time and money doing it like that.

Dont know how Virgin, Openreach etc.. Do it maybe per building or connect the whole estate if in estate.

You're quite right to say "most people will go with the cheapest service".

Regulated pricing means not only that Openreach can't sell above the price set by OFCOM, but also can't sell below it. This opens a business opportunity for the providers you list in London, and some nationally like Cityfibre, who can build cheaply in urban areas and undercut the incumbent.

Openreach will still end up deploying FTTP in those areas too, in order to win at least some of those customers back and to retain their relevance as a national network. Building in those areas is relatively cheap for Openreach as well as for the altnets.

Sponsored Links
An average of 47,000 homes passed nationally each week (with plans to increase this to around 75,000 by this time next year) is hardly going slow.
As always, everyone want to be first to get it, no one wants to wait, but this is the real world after all.

An average of 47,000 homes passed nationally each week (with plans to increase this to around 75,000 by this time next year) is hardly going slow.
As always, everyone want to be first to get it, no one wants to wait, but this is the real world after all.
If they are doing alot why is most of London left out all the announcements by Openreach seem to be outside London heavily.

I said in another thread that London is being neglected cause outside London where areas didnt get FTTC fibre (Gfast) they rolled out FTTP and are in the process to save cost thats not fair my local FTTC cabinet is most of the time full cant order Fibre.

My uncle suffed many Internet drop outs when the telephone use to ring he would sometimes get disconnected while he was playing cod then he complained to BT they sent an Openreach engineer out to investigate simple solution they fitted something outside his door to prevent this then he neve got any disconnections.

Im on the Local Council waiting list waiting to be rehoused all these new social and affordable buildings being made in the UK some have good broadband FTTP im hoping the same all depends on the landlord most likely it wont be Openreach.

Most Tower Hamlets properties are Community fibre enabled

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210628_150450.jpg
    Screenshot_20210628_150450.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 200
dropped BT cause Openreach only had ADSL for the cabinet serving my area in London and no plans to do anything about it they also wanted a silly amount of money to upgrade to FTTP via there community portal anyways community fibre is now in the area and installing for free cant wait

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules