Sponsored Links

Openreach Availability Check

Isn2011

Pro Member
Good morning

Every couple of days I tend to check the openreach fibre availability checker as we are due fibre by the end of year so I keep an eye on it for updates. But this morning when checking I have noticed the FTTP section confirming it is coming has completely disappeared for me now, have openreach updated their website or something or should I be concerned?

Database tweaks do happen, so sometimes it's worth leaving it for a couple of weeks and then trying again to see if it's back. If not then it's possible that you area might have fallen out of their generally tentative rollout plan.

I usually recommend asking OR's Twitter help team, as they're fairly responsive:

Good morning

Every couple of days I tend to check the openreach fibre availability checker as we are due fibre by the end of year so I keep an eye on it for updates. But this morning when checking I have noticed the FTTP section confirming it is coming has completely disappeared for me now, have openreach updated their website or something or should I be concerned?
I think this might be a site change as it's happened to me too and from what I can tell using an address which I know they are working on right now doesn't show like it used to either.

Sponsored Links
Exactly the same happened here also.
I rang our build project manager straight away wanting to know why this has changed.
He couldn't answer regarding the website change but confirmed nothing had changed regarding our build so not to worry.

From this......

better broadband.jpg

To this......
we are sorry.jpg

I recontacted fibre enquiries as I became concerned it looks like our fibre has been pushed back to winter 2021 from their response I received today which is somewhat disappointing but canā€™t be helped I suppose was looking forward to fast internet this Christmas šŸ˜‚

The checker always seems to be all over the shop. I'm in a Fibre First area, Mia Communications working on behalf of Openreach have been pulling in fibre and the related nodes around my estate for the last few weeks, yet the checker on both Openreach and Bt Wholesale says FTTP not planned still.

Sponsored Links
I hate to be a voice of doom, but a similar situation here... our house was listed by Openreach on that tool as being in scope for rollout in 2018-19ish. We got a green fibre box installed on the road outside. They simply haven't put in the power cable to it. Then they silently de-scoped it on the website at some point in summer 2019, and here I am 18 months later with them now saying the bit of funding to cover our house has been used up. And so we're now without fibre access, but some online tools say we have fibre, but the reality is we can't get it & Openreach cannot be begged, bribed, cajoled or embarassed into provision of service even with involvement of our MSP!

I hope your house disappearing from the plan is less problematic for you!

Just to update my earlier post above I was seeing "We're Sorry, Our Fibre Products Aren't Available for you yet" as late as last Thursday to putting an order in last Saturday.:eek:
Got an install date of Wednesday 25th November only 2 more days.
Fibre checkers although updated every Friday I believe are not always accurate.

I am in the same position, continually checking the checker but it never seems to update. Openreach have been splicing outside my house today, I managed to ask the engineer and he wouldnt give much detail, other than it can take months but could be weeks or days. @fedupuser56 can feel your pain, although usually with FTTP there is no power required... the technology Openreach use is passive and the power is only at the exchange end and your house.

Sponsored Links

ipuk, after seeing that screenshot from busterboy1 - i think i'm off to have a good cry into my coffee ! :LOL::cry: My hatred for Openeach is not abating here (n)

on a more serious note - enjoy - speeds like that would make my work day so much less frustrating.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: Ā£25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules