Sponsored Links

Openreach FTTP Planning

OliJ

Casual Member
Hi,
We had been expecting FTTP to be installed sometime in the future and Openreach engineers have been in my road on multiple occasions working on the ducting, and pulling stuff through with blue draw ropes. One of the cables they installed was labelled as "Corning FTTP Connector UG 8way" which went in on 29th July. I also recieved an email from Openreach stating

1600868513982.png

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and the Openreach website has now changed from "Faster and more reliable fibre is coming to your area soon" to "We don't have any plans to upgrade your area right now"

I sent a message to openreach asking what was happening and just got back a generic response of "you can order FTTC" within a few hours so I don't think they really looked into it.

Is there any way I can find out why we've suddenly been removed from the plans?
Thanks

I usually find that the best way to ask is actually via their Twitter based help team, which are most responsive than others:

However it's rare for a build to start and then stop, unless they encountered a significant and unexpected problem (e.g. major work required to clear a lot of blocked ducts), which might have made it too expensive to complete.

Let us know how you get on.

I usually find that the best way to ask is actually via their Twitter based help team, which are most responsive than others:

However it's rare for a build to start and then stop, unless they encountered a significant and unexpected problem (e.g. major work required to clear a lot of blocked ducts), which might have made it too expensive to complete.

Let us know how you get on.
Thanks I'll reach out to them there.
I had engineers in the manhole outside my house yesterday and another 3 Openreach vans have turned up today so there's still work going on for something.
When they did the original rope pull through a few months ago they numbered all the manhole covers. Not sure if that's significant?

Sponsored Links
Your area may be ready for activation. Normally when the openreach switches from coming soon to '' "We don't have any plans to upgrade your area right now" is website reset and should become available in week or so.. but my town i have seen a few postcodes take around 1 month.

this should then switch to

Seasons 1-6 in 60 seconds?
Great news. More reliable, future-proof and faster Full Fibre (Fibre to the Premises - FTTP) is available today at this postcode.

Hopefully this is just the case though and nothing more than that.

Good luck

Thanks Jamie,
Fingers crossed it might be that then as it's only been a week and a half since I noticed the change.
I've tried contacting them via the form again as that's what their twitter team suggested. This time the ticket handler has passed it on to a colleague instead of sending a cookie cutter answer so I might get a proper response this time.
I'll keep the thread updated either way 🤞

Curious if the BT Wholesale checker says anything. When Openreach was making up its mind, to finally say I could order FTTP, the BT Wholesale checker was detailed with the construction/survey status.

Curious if the BT Wholesale checker says anything. When Openreach was making up its mind, to finally say I could order FTTP, the BT Wholesale checker was detailed with the construction/survey status.

This is the latest result. I'm 99.9% sure that the FTTP on demand Downstream Line rate has increase from 200Mbps since I last looked a few weeks ago but I don't know if that's just to reflect Openreach's giga offering.

I've spoken to Twitter support and they've confirmed the work was started, which would confirm the trucking I saw them running in my road, but that the project has now been put on an indefinite hold. They can't tell me why and have suggested I apply for a Community Fibre Partnership instead 🤷‍♂️

1600961761742.png

Sponsored Links
I've spoken to Twitter support and they've confirmed the work was started, which would confirm the trucking I saw them running in my road, but that the project has now been put on an indefinite hold. They can't tell me why and have suggested I apply for a Community Fibre Partnership instead 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 488

Argh, I know how frustrating that can be, to see them delay indefinitely after making concrete progress.

What unfortunately doesn't look good for you, in the short term, is that for you it says “FTTP on Demand”, as opposed to saying “WBC FTTP”.

It may be your local BDUK project have run out of money and are waiting on more funding before finishing the build.

This is the latest result. I'm 99.9% sure that the FTTP on demand Downstream Line rate has increase from 200Mbps since I last looked a few weeks ago but I don't know if that's just to reflect Openreach's giga offering.

View attachment 488
Really sorry about this,

Hopefully they get back on track very soon with your area.

How frustrating :-(

So this happened today

1601980390787.png

Interesting that Openreach via twitter, via their contact form and via their contact form escalated to the FTTP planning team all told me the build had been cancelled.
Anyway, I've made my order with BT so fingers crossed there'll be no issues with that :)
Thanks again for everyone's help and for future reference I can confirm it was about 6 weeks after it changed from "It's coming" to "We have no Plans" until it finally said "Available" and let me order.

Sponsored Links
So this happened today

View attachment 499

Interesting that Openreach via twitter, via their contact form and via their contact form escalated to the FTTP planning team all told me the build had been cancelled.
Anyway, I've made my order with BT so fingers crossed there'll be no issues with that :)
Thanks again for everyone's help and for future reference I can confirm it was about 6 weeks after it changed from "It's coming" to "We have no Plans" until it finally said "Available" and let me order.
Lucky you. I still can't get a straight answer out of Openreach - each person says something different, ranging from this month, to no plans, etc.

So this happened today

View attachment 499

That's great news :) yeah you should have no problems at all.. ours went smoothly and we get mostly solid 930mb down and 115up

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: ÂŁ25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5443)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2226)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1954)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1648)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules