Sponsored Links

Openreach Future FTTP Plans

Just thought I would share this. Currently on an up to 80 FTTC line with talktalk.

No current plans that I can find to upgrade my area to g fast or FTTP. FTTPoD is available in my area, but you can say that for pretty much anywhere.

Anyways, decided to direct message openreach on twitter to see if they could tell me any different. In their response thry stated my area is scheduled for upgrade to FTTP due for completion in December 2020. Got me pretty excited to see them confirm it is planned even if it is a good while away. Like I said no evidence to suggest this is planned from any other source, but dont see why they would be lying? I gave them my full address and existing landline number to check.

Nope, the closest exchange to me on that list is 20 miles away. I'm on Porth (SWPTH) exchange which is not currently listed anywhere as part of any FTTP plans!

Sponsored Links
Screenshot of conversation attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190815-125929_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20190815-125929_Twitter.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 173
Just a word of caution: I would treat what they told you via chat with a pinch of salt until you see your area officially announced for a FTTP rollout in the press and/or the Openreach checker says you are definitely getting FTTP and/or you see FTTP infrastructure being deployed in your street. I've heard many cases of people getting prematurely excited thinking they're definitely getting FTTP in the next year or two, eg Openreach engineer working locally told them so, yet later on end up being disappointed. FWIW I believe Openreach will eventually cover majority (>90%) of UK premises with FTTP but this could take many many years.

Yea I appreciate what your saying, hence my post here. Wanted to establish if anyone else had a similar experience with openreach on twitter?

I also asked them to check my parents address, which is a couple of miles away and on a different exchange to which they responding there were no plans for that address.

Openreach tends to announce plans for 12 months ahead, which if that Dec 2020 is to be believed means that your exchange area might be listed in the next quarterly update (expected around November).

Sponsored Links
BT do seem to be pushing an optimistic viewpoint when it comes to what areas are covered.

I thought I could get FTTP as it is listed if I enter my postcode; but if I enter my phone number, I get told no.

Same happens for EVERY valid postcode/phone number I have for the town I live in.

BT do seem to be pushing an optimistic viewpoint when it comes to what areas are covered.

I thought I could get FTTP as it is listed if I enter my postcode; but if I enter my phone number, I get told no.

Same happens for EVERY valid postcode/phone number I have for the town I live in.
What happens if you try and order the service off your postcode/address?

What happens if you try and order the service off your postcode/address?

It fails. That is how I discovered the BT FTTP listings were a cheat.

BT checker says my exchange is enabled, Aquiss (my ISP), say it isnt, nor anywhere else in the area.

Sponsored Links
Nothing yet, our estate is 12 years old so all infrastructure is buried in ducting. Even if they have been there deploying things during the day, there is no evidence in the evenings when I'm home.:(

Try the link, fill out the enquiry form at the end and you should hear back in a couple of weeks.
There’s a lot of build going on that’s not freely advertised but they should be able to tell you.
The other option is ask on Openreach’s Facebook page. The social media team should be able to help.

Sponsored Links
Yes mate, I mentioned in my original post that I'd contacted them on twitter to be told I was part of the build plan for 2020......

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5443)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2226)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1954)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1648)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules