Sponsored Links

Openreach micro DSLAM?

Ellastonepaul

Casual Member
I am one of five rural SME with poor Broadband (<20/8Mbps). The exchange is Ellastone and we are all in postcode DE6 2HD and link to Cabinet P3. However the fibre cable to Cabinet P2 (Stanton) runs past several properties on poles and there is a junction container. A couple of years ago Openreach surveyed the area. In conversation they said the plan was to run fibre from the junction for 200metres to the Northwood Farm area to serve us with FTTP. A planning notice for six poles was pinned to an existing pole. Since then we have heard nothing. How on earth do you communicate with Openreach and find out what is happening. All I ever get is forms to fill in.......and irrelevant replies!

We have also seem to meet the criteria for Gigabit Broadband Voucher scheme but cannot find any ISP's who will consider our rural situation. Any suggestions?

Have you tried asking via the Superfast Derbyshire scheme, it may be more effective?

Weirdly the coverage checker on their website doesn't recognise that postcode, so I'm wondering if you're in new build offices?

As for Rural Gigabit Vouchers, you could try Openreach's Community Fibre Partnership scheme to see what they say.

In the meantime I know of several fixed wireless ISPs in Derbyshire that may or may not be able to help:

Thanks for your reply.......but we are in Staffordshire NOT Derbyshire. (Don't assume postcodes have anything to do with county boundaries!) We have contact with Superfast Staffordshire who also recommend Openreach CFB ...........but warn of 12+ months for any reaction!

We have gone down the line of Satellite/radio courtesy of Ian Snape (MD of W3Z) and ruled that out.

There must be some way the Openreach survey can be followed up and I was hoping you, or someone thro' this Forum, might have some suggestions how Openreach Planning can be accessed. Clearly they had some ideas of installing a local FTTP facility, otherwise they would not have gone as far as getting Council Planning Permission for the poles.

Technically what is a "micro DSLAM" ?

Paul Archer

PS. No we are not new build offices. Can I recommend putting the postcode into Google maps and then using the "little man" (Pegman). It gives some incredible pictures of any location.......and as you would see, DE6 2HD is VERY Rural!

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules