Sponsored Links

Oppo 5G CPE T1 for UK?

daleski

Pro Member
Looking at getting a more reliable 4g/5g router (5g is imminent in my area) and put off by the constant problems with Huawei routers specially the 5g version which needs regular reboots in order for it to work.

Stumbled across this and the spec looks good for the price, worth a risk for here in the UK?

Sponsored Links
If it's for Three (or EE), is that really a big deal though? There's not much to gain from B20 if you're thinking Carrier Aggregation.

Do you think it's worth a risk or get the CPE Pro 2 and hope they have fixed all the issues with the CPE Pro?

Looking at getting a more reliable 4g/5g router (5g is imminent in my area) and put off by the constant problems with Huawei routers specially the 5g version which needs regular reboots in order for it to work.

Stumbled across this and the spec looks good for the price, worth a risk for here in the UK?

Are you on Three? It may not be the router itself that’s causing the issues if so. Huawei’s equipment is generally very reliable.

Sponsored Links
Are you on Three? It may not be the router itself that’s causing the issues if so. Huawei’s equipment is generally very reliable.

yeah I am on three, looking at something more future proof so I can make use of my wife 6 enabled devices in my home and add to that I updated my firmware on my B535 and cannot change wireless bands anymore!

The Oppo looks like a rebranded Huawei 5g router to me. It comes with a Snapdragon X55 so that kinda gives it away.

yeah I am on three, looking at something more future proof so I can make use of my wife 6 enabled devices in my home and add to that I updated my firmware on my B535 and cannot change wireless bands anymore!
The wireless bands setting being unchangeable means you’ve got the auto band switching and nighttime band checking turned on I think?
The other issues are mostly all Three related. You wouldn’t have to reboot nightly on other networks.

Sponsored Links
The wireless bands setting being unchangeable means you’ve got the auto band switching and nighttime band checking turned on I think?
The other issues are mostly all Three related. You wouldn’t have to reboot nightly on other networks.

I used some firmware from from a non-uk site which I think messed it up, will definitely check though regardless

I used some firmware from from a non-uk site which I think messed it up, will definitely check though regardless
You may have ran into an issue where the firmware you’ve installed has somehow hidden the applicable settings. You may want to swap that back. On the whole though despite the operator restrictions the HUAWEI CPE kit is very stable and reliable. Very much set and forget. Three’s network quirks really let down basically any router though.

Decided to play it safe and will wait until I can get a 5G signal indoors, interestingly though EE have updated their coverage checker for my post code and 5G is enabled now (waiting for sim to arrive hopefully today)

So in the near(ish) future I will have a choice of either EE or 3 for 5G so buying a 5G router will make more sense then.

Decided to play it safe and will wait until I can get a 5G signal indoors, interestingly though EE have updated their coverage checker for my post code and 5G is enabled now (waiting for sim to arrive hopefully today)

So in the near(ish) future I will have a choice of either EE or 3 for 5G so buying a 5G router will make more sense then.
EE 5G on a router should be very interesting - they have very good back haul capacity.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to change the subject, according to the poster router website, there is a ZTE MC801a 5g router, can you guys shed some light on this router I purpose to use on Three network, is it any good? Much appreciated for your comments.

Last edited:
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules