Sponsored Links

Options for current Three HomeFi user

kosymodo

Casual Member
So I've had my Three HomeFi since Oct 2019, and am on a 24mth contract. Whilst I was living at my previous property I noticed no issues, but aftermoving to my current property in Feb, I've become very disappointed with the service. Whether it's the actual signal or the router (Huawei B535 - many issues logged about this router), I've no idea, but it's gotten to the point now where I'm considering my options.

As I see it, I could either:
  • Buy a new 4G router and use my current SIM for the remainder of the 24mths
  • Take out a new contract with another 4G provider, on top of my Three contract
  • Take out a standard broadband contract, on top of my Three contract
I'm kinda leaning towards the 3rd option, as my new property is FTTP-ready. I could get BT Full Fibre 100 for £40/month and have a guaranteed 100Mb/30Mb service. I'm just losing faith in the reliabilty of 4G broadband :(

Has anyone else had any experience of simply swapping routers, and the success of doing so?

Do you have any stats from the router,using HuaCtrl etc. Where is it positioned ?

There is a new firmware update for the B535-232 routers which I uploaded manually and it has made my router actually usable :)

Sponsored Links
Dave, can you share that firmware file for us guys?
I did find it on a German forum last night. Installed so just seeing how it performs.

Interestingly so far the speed decrease that happens daily for me hasn't seemed to kick in. But only been overnight so far.

Dave, can you share that firmware file for us guys?
Hi, I cant find the link where I found it. I will upload it somewhere and add the link. Please make sure your current version ends in C983 as I think they are region locked.

Theres a website that shows all the latest firmware releases for the B535. Strange how they are not being pushed out to the devices.

H191SP65C983 seems to be the latest release for H191

I did find it on a German forum last night. Installed so just seeing how it performs.

Interestingly so far the speed decrease that happens daily for me hasn't seemed to kick in. But only been overnight so far.
I found the same thing, speed seems to be constant, not any faster just more stable. Do you have the link to the forum or file, I think it was on google docs?

I found the same thing, speed seems to be constant, not any faster just more stable. Do you have the link to the forum or file, I think it was on google docs?
I guess the same then. This is where I got it from

Sponsored Links
keep us up to date :p

I got mine working on 4G+ a lot better but it was still dropping in speeds on odd occasions so I moved it downstairs, so now it's back upstairs on the newer firmware and we will see if the speeds remain more consistent.

That was short lived, dropped back down from 90mbits to 10mbits, keeping it downstairs from now on.

Sponsored Links
Nothing to do with the Huawei Router folks - it's a brilliant piece of kit. I joined Three and up until the 5G roll out my 4G+ speeds were amazing, I was hitting 80Mbps and in peak conditions sometimes over 100Mbps in download speed.

Three started MESSING about February with Xbox download services - purposely blocking them for a month (while 5G was rolling out) and denying all and blaming Microsoft - eventually enough of us went up in arms across multiple forums and luckily ispreview got involved to lend us a hand. Eventually Three admitted it was an issue on their end and fixed it - after blaming Microsoft - Microsoft helped loads, but I knew the issue was Three and it was TARGETED.

All run ok UNTIL Covid-19 - since Three have throttled everything - hitting 500KB on average during the day!!!! and then Speedtest at 2 in the morning hitting 25Mbps.

So the fact is your HUAWEI B535 is PERFECT - THE PROBLEM IS THREE.

Nothing to do with the Huawei Router folks - it's a brilliant piece of kit. I joined Three and up until the 5G roll out my 4G+ speeds were amazing, I was hitting 80Mbps and in peak conditions sometimes over 100Mbps in download speed.

Three started MESSING about February with Xbox download services - purposely blocking them for a month (while 5G was rolling out) and denying all and blaming Microsoft - eventually enough of us went up in arms across multiple forums and luckily ispreview got involved to lend us a hand. Eventually Three admitted it was an issue on their end and fixed it - after blaming Microsoft - Microsoft helped loads, but I knew the issue was Three and it was TARGETED.

All run ok UNTIL Covid-19 - since Three have throttled everything - hitting 500KB on average during the day!!!! and then speedtest at 2 in the morning hitting 25Mbps.

So the fact is your HUAWEI B535 is PERFECT - THE PROBLEM IS THREE.

Solution

Post #7

Night and day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solution

Post #7

Night and day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So the update helped with your issues?

Sponsored Links
page loading SSL stalling completely gone including the odd ones that never load - speed upped about 20% but 80mb 60mb makes little difference to me

Bit of an update on this firmware after a day

Internet use is perfect in practise no lags, no hangs, no black screens

If you use a different ip range it keeps defaulting back to 192.168.1 (I can live with changing it all to 1 to have useable internet)

I do have this slow slowdown of the connection from 120M over hours and hours to 40-60, power cycle back to 120. Hadn't even really worried about this before and assumed it was congestion but i think its one of band 1 or 3 locking out.

So perfect internet for using,
Speed slows - fixed by reboot - no in use effect when speed reduced
Change ip to say 192.168.0. it changes it back to 192.168.1 after a bit

I'm still getting page stalls on loading. YouTube, this website and thinkbroadband are all frequent websites it happens on, which makes me think its probably traffic-sense slowing it down to save on bandwidth and put me off posting bad customer experiences about three on here.

with H191SP63C983 ?

Out of curiosity try...
chrome://settings advanded "open your computer's proxy settings" turn off automatically detect proxy settings

restart chrome

... i did a factory reset after i updated to H191SP63C983 too

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules