Sponsored

Options if the residents management company is blocking Hyperoptic installation?

Prozn

Two years ago I started the process of getting Hyperoptic installed to my apartment block of ~50 flats in NW London. Sufficient interest was obtained from residents for Hyperoptic to start, in conjunction with the directors of the residents management company, the process of getting approval from the freeholder. After approximately a year this approval was received.

Subsequently, the directors of the residents management company (not the freeholder, but certain residents responsible for day to day issues with the building) decided the installation process would cause too much disruption and mess (despite the Hyperoptic plans show a painless installation through existing riser cupboards and false ceiling ducting) and called it all off.

As it stands the green box serving our block is oversubscribed and there is a waiting list. No one has been able to order anything faster than 16mbit ADSL2 for 2 years. The green box was expanded and immediately filled up again. Hyperoptic was blocked, and I assume any other FTTP offerings, even from Openreach would be blocked on the same grounds.

While 80mbit (if we can order it) is "fine" for now - it won't be in future - and with the current stance of the directors we will be left behind, to ultimately suffer on the next great false advertising campaign of "gigabit 5G".

Has anyone else come across this problem or have any ideas on next steps I can take?

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Obviously if the residents themselves have self-inflicted this upon themselves then that's a tricky situation. You as a resident can of course battle for another vote and try to make your case.

Some new rules are on the way but I don't know if they'd work in your specific circumstance:

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £16.80 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £20.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2587)
  2. FTTP (2364)
  3. FTTC (1701)
  4. Building Digital UK (1645)
  5. Politics (1490)
  6. Openreach (1468)
  7. Business (1288)
  8. FTTH (1170)
  9. Statistics (1131)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1087)
  11. Fibre Optic (994)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (949)
  13. Wireless Internet (947)
  14. 4G (942)
  15. Virgin Media (892)
  16. EE (617)
  17. Sky Broadband (616)
  18. TalkTalk (596)
  19. Vodafone (558)
  20. 3G (424)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules