Sponsored Links

Orange (EE) phone problems

My stupid sister signed up our mothers business property to an Orange phone package some time ago (having originally lumbered her with a Talk Talk package!!).

Anyway, Tuesday morning the line was dead, no dial tone, nothing; Orange were contacted and the fault reported, but here we are on Thursday evening and still we have a dead line; it even took them over 12 hours (and a reminder), to activate a call transfer to a mobile.

This is causing a lot of issues as we are a Nursery school and parents need to contact us; what are our options when it comes to compensation/ cancelling the line and getting a new one installed?? I dont have access to the contract, so can anyone tell me if EE do proper business lines, or will my idiot sister have signed our business line over to a bunch of monkeys on a domestic contract??

(BTW, I suspect the line has been hijacked as a BTOR van was spotted at the cabinet the morning the line went dead).

EE do have business services but I only found them via Google (silly EE website design), so it's quite possible your sister got a domestic option:

http://ee.co.uk/business/small/network/phone-services

If it is domestic then compensation isn't guaranteed, so it's often a case of making a complaint to request compensation and crossing your fingers. But even so if the outage is only a few days long then you'll get just a few pounds back based off your subscription.

The second problem you have is that, without knowing what the fault is, simply cancelling the line could make a bad situation worse by confusing the issues. It might even extend the period where you are without service as the new ISP would face a similar dilemma. If the line is dead then you really need to be asking the ISP to have Openreach conduct an SFI engineer visit.

The line is completely dead, no dial tone, you cannot dial in or out - no internet.

It has been nearly a week and no sign of a BTOR van (we can see the cabinet from the Baby Room window), since the one spotted the morning everything died.

I have no confidence in EE and despair of why my sister thinks it is a good idea to switch the business line to them; the last problem SHE had on her Orange line took nearly TWO YEARS to get sorted, despite my telling the tech support guy what the probably (and ultimately the actual) problem was on the day it was first reported.

I also have no confidence in the forwarding service, usually the phone is ringing every 15-20 minuted from 7:30 am until after we go home at 6pm,. yet only 2 calls have arrived via the forwarding service again today.

Sponsored Links
A BTOR van turned up today and stayed a couple of hours, but the line is still dead; I am wondering if the cabinet is full and they have no spare lines to use.

A very sorry state of affairs, nearly a week due (I suspect), to their error and they show no signs of urgency.

Well the line is working again, but so far no explanation has been given as to the cause.

Something good from it all, I ran a speed test on Friday and instead of the old 4Mb/256K, the line now shows 9.5Mb/800K; we also have a new "Bright Box" from EE instead of the ancient POS I had to deal with before - which would never allow more than 1 active wifi connection.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules